Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
View Poll Results: Was your experience at 4 Wheel Parts Good or Horrible
Good 1 25.00%
Horrible 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 01:21 AM   #1
Z71sc
AF Newbie

Talking 4 Wheel Parts is Slapped with 19 Violations

Federal law, specifically the Communications Decency Act, 47 U.S.C.A §230,states that websites are immune from any liability for statements Authored by others. I would like to personally like to thank, "Igor/AF."

The State Agency, “Bureau of Automotive Repair” has just completed their several month long “Fraud” investigation into the company known as 4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers, d.b.a. Transamerican Auto Parts Inc.; resulting in the issuance of 19 violations.

This company operates 45 off-road stores nationwide, including but not limited to the selling of Factory Truck Warranties redeemable at all major nationwide dealerships along in being in the business of selling after-market parts & accessories on the internet and to dealerships nationwide.

However, there may be a serious conflict of interest issues with these warranties as 4WP mechanics are not GM/FORD/Daimler/Toyota/Nissan  certified, nor retain the proper diagnostic equipment to give the complete required mechanical inspections, but they do anyway, and then sell these power-train warranties to be claimed at local dealerships.

In Addition, the title of 4WP’s, “No Questions Asked Tire Warranty” : has also caught the interest of multiple Federal & State regulating agencies for being, “False & Misleading” to consumers for the fact that the warranty does ask questions and allows 4WP to reject warranty claims at anytime.

President Gregory W. Adler of has vehemently denied any wrong doing to date and has stated via the internet that, “The customer is number one at 4 Wheel Parts.”

However, his statement completely contradicts his companies Better Business Bureau “Company Report” of a Grade/Score (D) and an (F) for his sister company, “Steel Horse Automotive.” BBB Company Reliability Reports have been posted for your review below.

Furthermore, Mr. Gregory W. Adler's statement of, “The Customer is Number 1” is once again contradicted by the 15 Violations recently issued by the State Agency, “Bureau of Automotive Repair.”

(Actual Invoices & Documents That Incriminated 4 Wheel Parts)
www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff112163.htm
:beer:

NEED TO FILE A COMPLAINT: www.eatoncounty.org/prosecutor/proslist.htm

(BBB) Better Business Bureau
www.bbb.org

(Attorney General) Public Inquiry Unit
http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htm

(IFCC) Internet Fraud Complaint Center
www.ifccfbi.gov/

(FTC) Federal Trade Commission
https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.s..._ORG_CODE=PU01

(BAR) Bureau of Automotive Repair
http://www.dca.ca.gov/complainthelp/...-complaint.htm

(National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
Office of Defects Investigation
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

(EPA) Environmental Protection Agency (Spilling Oil & Antifreeze)
www.epa.gov/

(OSHA) Occupational Safety and Health Administration
www.osha.gov/

Some Acumulated Consumer Complaints about 4WP:

1) My favorite 4WP scam is the "buy 3, get 1 free" deal on the Procomp tires. Whenever they offer this deal they also jack up the price by about $20-$30/tire. (this applies to all sales)

2) wow- this is horrible. I've got my tires on order with them, First 4WP sales says that they are "Overstocked" and that he would give me an excellent deal. Two weeks after I placed the order i get an email saying that , "My tires are on nationwide backorder." Call after call, 4WP kept pushing back the arrival date until I finally changed sizes. He told me it worked out "about the same" price, but the wheels I chose were cheaper. I still don't know where the extra $100 over their advertised prices came from, must have been the "handling charges". But, the sad part is they had the best prices compared to anybody in town. All the others would have had to do the dreaded special order and wait game.

3) Well 4wheelparts had the 38/15/15 boggers at a good price of $222.00 each. Now that they are advertising $40.00 back they are now $232.00 each. To me that is not even a good deal cause all they are doing is giving you the extra $10.00 that you paid for the tires back. Then it says free shipping yeah but you have to buy the tire warrenty. What kind of a deal is that. I was about ready to order them and found out that I was going to pay more for the four tires than when there is no sale. What a bunch of crooks if you ask me. I am going to stay with dealing with Trucks and Stuff they treat me pretty good.

4) I also dealt the the "shipping charges" when getting parts. As mentioned they never have any real 4x4 parts in stock and wanted to charge me shipping even if I picked the parts up at the store.....WTF

5) My favorite is the Warn M8000 I almost ordered from them online. They were advertising free shipping. Weeee! Well, when I got to the page to confirm my order I noticed that there was a $50 handling charge.

IT IS FACT, THE MORE PEOPLE COMPLAIN IN FORUMS & FILE FEDERAL COMPLAINTS......THE BETTER SERVICE WILL GET FOR CUSTOMERS OR 4WP WILL CEASE TO EXIST

L.A. County' District Attorney's Office Bureua of Fraud and Corruption
Prosecutions Consumer Protection Division
201 North Figueroa St., Suite 1200
Los Angeles, CA 90012

Office of the Attorney General
Public Inquiry Unit
P.O. Box 944255
Sacramento, CA 94244

The following photos below are of Boss Hog from the "Dukes of Hazard" Llife Long mentor of Greg Adler."*

Greg Adler Today

Greg Adler alleged High School Graduation Photo

Last edited by Z71sc; 11-10-2005 at 12:41 AM.
Z71sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 09:37 PM   #2
Z71sc
AF Newbie

Talking Email Overflowing with over 200 complaints on Defective Tires and Horrible Service

The following fraud analysis was completed by an actual 4 Wheel Parts Employee, which was taken off the website RipoffReport.com.

No Questions Asked Tire Warranty
is False & Misleading to Consumers
......Despite the Torrent of Consumer
Complaints, 4WP Only Responds by
Lowering Price By $50

Even though my company’s tire warranty clearly states,
(No Questions Asked,) the scam artists at our corporate headquarters specifically wrote it in for us to be able to do just that (Ask Questions) and deny claims at will.

Even though my company advertises, (No Questions Asked On & Off-Road Hazard Tire Protection Warranty,) my company’s contract specifically states, (Tires which have been run flat or abused will not be covered by the contract,) opening the door for us to ask questions. This allowed my manager to wrongfully reject several customer tire warranty claims.

Several of our customers rightfully argued and that our advertisement was, (False and Misleading) for the following reasons below:

1) No questions asked meant what it stated, (No Questions Asked regarding the tires,) or else change the tire warranty advertisement. In order for consumers to obtain a warranty refund claim on a tire past 50% life, they must purchase another tire warranty for the new tire, F.E.T Taxes & mounting..

2) The title of the warranty, (No Questions Asked) contradicts the terms set forth of the tire warranty specifically, (Tires which have been (abused) will not be covered by the contract).

3) The contract FAILS to define specifics and limitations to the contractual word, “ABUSED.” It is common sense and fact that when a tire is taken off-road and exposed to the various elements, “It is abused by definition.” Furthermore, when a truck is stuck and wheel-spin is initiated for the truck to get out of this emergency
condition.

During this time, the tire experiences various ranges of heat and vibration, which is defined in the industry as extreme conditions and/or abuse. Another example might be emergency braking which is defined in the industry as extreme conditions and/or abuse on tires.

4) The tire warranty contract also (FAILS) to state for who is to make the final determination that a tire and/or tires have been abused, such as COOPER TIRE COMPANY or an independent entity.

5) FALSE AND MISLEADING DEFINED....In determining whether any advertisement, statement, or representation is false or misleading, it shall be considered considered in its entirety as it would be read or heard by a persons to whom it is designed to appeal. An advertisement, statement, or representation shall be considered to be false or misleading if it tends to deceive the public or impose upon credulous or ignorant persons.

Note: Authority cited sections 9882 and 9884.19 of the Business and Professions Code 9884.7(1)(a) and (h) and 17500 Business and Professions Code.

6) CONCLUSION: My ex-company has marketed an “On & Off-Road Tire Warranty that is clearly defined, (False and Misleading) to consumers by using the words, “No Questions Asked.” My ex-company has failed to fully define the word, (ABUSED) as it is a term used for exclusionary purposes of the tire warranty contract. In failing to define the word (abused), it can NO LONGER be applicable in the decision to whether or not honor a customers tire warranty. In order for consumers to obtain a warranty refund claim on a tire past 50% life, they must purchase another tire warranty for the new tire, F.E.T Taxes & mounting..

HOW 4 WHEEL PARTS HANDLES MAJOR WARRANTLY CLAIMS BELOW

FOR FULL REPORT CLICK BELOW:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff146640.htm

Pro Comp Tires are manufactured by the Cooper Tire Company, who has well over 130 tire recalls (click)

If you guys have developed TIRE PULLS and Bulges in your PRO COMP TIRES, then you should
visit this website below to arrange for FREE replacement:

(National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
Office of Defects Investigation
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

U.S. Department of Transportation NHTSA
C/o Office of Defects Investigations
NSA-10.01, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20590

Last edited by Z71sc; 10-24-2005 at 04:34 AM.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:13 PM   #3
goinbig
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to goinbig
Re: 4 Wheel Parts District Attorney Investigation to Begin Soon

Cool
goinbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 05:33 AM   #4
J-Ri
AF Enthusiast

Good to see that someone is doing something about them, even though they've never cheated me. I haven't ever bought anything truck related online, and I install all my own stuff.

Thanks for sticking up for the little guy!
Poly engine/trans/control arm bushings
Self built and self programmed progressive methanol injection system
J-Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:42 PM   #5
Z71sc
AF Newbie

What Every Consumer Should Know Before Doing Business With Repair Shops

Zoom in on the Hotty

I'm sure the Multi-Billion Dollar Company UPS would even be remotely interested in giving permission for 4WP to have this half naked HOTTY promote 4WP 2nd rate Pro Comp products.

YES, we found this girls original photo on the internet that 4WP decided to CROP and use in their advertisement w/o any permission, not even paying the girl

Quote:
I just got a PM saying:

Wow. I ordered almost every part for my truck from them ( gears/install kits, tires, wheels,) because they seemed to have the best prices. Ohw ell, I got what I ordered so I guess I'm alright. I am kinda skeptical about that tire warranty though, I purchased it because they said it was cheaper to do that and get free shipping than to pay for shipping.

BUT WAIT A DARN MINUTE, WHAT DOES THIS SAY BELOW:

FREE SHIPPING, BUT INCLUDES HANDLING FEES, crating or palletizing fees
and you must buy their $130.00 "No Questions a$$ked Tire Warranty"

to get FREE SHIPPING

WISDOM WROTE: I did it like most of you, looking for the best deal. I have come to realize that the lowest price does not necessarily equal the best deal.

AS 4WP ADVERTISES FREE SHIPPING, THEY ONLY PROVIDE FREE SHIPPING TO THE LOWER 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES, WHICH IS FALSE & MISLEADING

WHAT ALL CONSUMERS SHOULD ALL KNOW ABOUT BELOW, No Wriiten Estimate, No Charge, Revised Estimate Not Signed, That Work IS FREE

There also appears be serious conflict of interest issues with these
EXTENDED Xtreme WARRANTIES 4WP sells on trucks they lift. Many dealerships nationwide have recently refused to honor these warranties as 4WP mechanics are not GM/FORD/Daimler/Toyota/Nissan certified, nor retain the proper diagnostic equipment to give the complete required thourough mechanical diadnostic inspections, but they do anyway, and then sell these extended power-train warranties to be claimed not at 4WP, but at local dealerships.

It appears that 4WP employees have brought and spray painted a small part of their local junkyard for their customers to play upon

Of Course Many of These Vehicles are not Designed for this Misuse, but don't worry, 4WP sells their (GOLD) Powertrain Factory Backed Warranty for times like this......which GM/FORD/Daimler Chrysler will surely flip out when they see these photos.

It also appears that 4WP customers are having fun after the 4WP BBQ, don't worry as these folk have probably bought 4WP Factory Power-Train Warranty an No Question Asked Tire Warranty (not reading disclaimers)....Let's hope the major auto manufactures & local dealerships don't see them doing this, as they are not in the business to lose money, thus that poor schmuck with BBQ stuck in between his finger-nails will end up getting the short end of the stick.

Last edited by Z71sc; 10-22-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:42 PM   #6
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
First thing, she is a hell of a hotty
Second thing, I fucking hate Pro Comp, all they have is worthless knock off tires, did I mention they suck?
Third, I hope 4WP gets what's coming for them, that's bullshit when a company like that has to screw people over.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

There is NO replacement, for displacement...

2007 Kawasaki ZX10-R S.E.
v10_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:30 AM   #7
Z71sc
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10_viper
First thing, she is a hell of a hotty
Second thing, I fucking hate Pro Comp, all they have is worthless knock off tires, did I mention they suck?
Third, I hope 4WP gets what's coming for them, that's bullshit when a company like that has to screw people over.
Yeah well then you'll love this then.

Last edited by Z71sc; 10-14-2005 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:52 PM   #8
Chevyman15004X4
AF Newbie

So, how come UPS hasn't started using those new delivery drivers in my area?
Chevyman15004X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 05:51 PM   #9
Z71sc
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 4 Wheel Parts District Attorney Investigation to Begin Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman15004X4
So, how come UPS hasn't started using those new delivery drivers in my area?
They have.....they just take really long breaks.........lol

I FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER FORUM BELOW

Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Complaints
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, D.C. 20554

October 20, 2005

RE: Radio Stations Knowingly Advertising Company with Nationwide Unsatisfactory BBB Records

Dear FCC Representative,

We are taking the time to contact your office and inform your regulating agency that a number of radio stations, who lack any kind of business ethics to continue to advertise the company “4 Wheel Parts,” d.b.a. Transamerican Auto Parts. Despite being contacted on several occasions via the postal service and by other means of electronic communication.

Our complaints to these radio stations consisted, “Nationwide BBB Unsatisfactory Records, specifically, but not limited to, the Austin TX (for advertising) & Portland OR, Fresno CA BBB Records, State Investigation Reports, which included the issuance of a barrage of violations, including, but not limited to, “False and Misleading Statements.”

Additional documents provided to these non-responsive radio stations were a letter issued by the, “Los Angeles County District Attorneys Office Fraud and Corruption Bureau”, which stated, “Your correspondence raises issue of possible Unlawful and Deceptive Business Practices (see enclosed).

Therefore, we were left no choice, but to file a formal complaint with your regulating agency. We sincerely hope that a permanent file is opened upon these radio stations that have elected to put advertising profits before the shopping experiences of their listeners.

Thank You,

Mr. XXXXXXX

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enterprise Rental Car
C/o Loss Control Division
29 Hunter Ave
St. Louis, Missouri 63124

September 18, 2005

Re: Committing Fraud on Fleet Rental Trucks, Specifically the Switching of Parts

Dear Enterprise Representative,

The company 4 Wheel Parts, d.b.a. Transamerican Auto Parts Inc., operates 45 off-road stores nationwide, including but not limited to the selling of Factory Truck Warranties redeemable at all major nationwide dealerships, along in being in the business of selling after-market off-road parts/accessories to dealerships nationwide.

It may be wise to cease entirely in renting trucks to customers requesting truck rentals from these 4 Wheel Parts Centers hence forth, as these customers and 4wp mechanics have illegally swapped from your rental truck fleet, the easily scratched $400.00 headlight lenses, cracked spare tires, batteries, cracked plastic parts, smashed exhaust systems, skid plates from repeated off road abuse, and god who knows what else.

Please forward this letter and the enclosed material to your main corporate headquarters.

Your company should begin to conduct its own internal fraud investigation into this company’s unorthodox activities, as these continued illegal activities will surely be detrimental to the consumers confidence in your Rental Truck Resale Program.

Good Day.

cc: Hertz Corporation

Last edited by Z71sc; 10-23-2005 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:01 AM   #10
bonviv
AF Newbie

4 Wheel Parts in San Jose agreed to install an ARB Bull Bumper and winch. I asked for them to return the stock front bumper. I "assumed" that the $500 skid plate would bolt up. There was a delay installing the winch, as it was the wrong one. They installed the bumper, and after the winch arrived a week later, they installed it. Unbeknownst to me, they did not install the skid plate, nor did they make any attempt to return it. Later, when I noticed no skid plate, they just blew me off and said it had been scrappped. Yeah, right, a $500 part removed and tossed. Outright thievery. Midnight Auto is alive and well @ 4 Wheel Parts in San Jose. Small claims next?
bonviv is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical