Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Fabrication & Tools > General Tools
General Tools Discussions about tools - there are thousands of various tools you can use to work on your car. Do you have the right one for the job?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 05:56 PM   #1
rscott7706
AF Newbie

Marquette Dyna Tuner

I recently bought a Marquette Dyna Tuner - Model 42-132.

I thought it was a great find as I am getting a 1950 Plymouth business coupe back on road.

But, found little or no info on web, as it is missing a probe lead. The Dyna-Tune socket has three female terminals.

I am adept at electronics and have a large resistor/capacitor inventory.

By chance is there anyone that may know what parts the probe has?

I know it is a stretch, but hoping someone remembers.

Image at:
http://rsconcepts.net

Ron
Old 05-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #2
Schurkey
AF Enthusiast

Re: Marquette Dyna Tuner

You have one probe with Red/White/Blue color codes. These are all "voltage"--Coil +, coil -, and ground.

The other lead/probe is going to be for sensing spark voltage. Sometimes the sensing method is capacitive, sometimes inductive. I can't tell if it's intended to connect to the high-tension coil wire, or to an individual spark plug wire. Based only on the thick insulation on the yellow handle, I wonder if this doesn't accept spark voltage directly. I had a Sears "Penske" automotive analyzer that did that. The analyzer had high enough impedance that it didn't short the spark, but it could measure the voltage. If so, that would make things easier for you.

I'd be looking on eBay to see what showed up.

I worked at a shop that had a small selection of Marquette equipment--a couple of automotive oscilloscopes, and a wonderfully heavy-duty battery charger.
For the good of the Free World, DEMAND COMPENSATION FROM CHINA for their release of the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Laboratory, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19). Ten trillion to start with, increasing as needed from there, PLUS compensation for the sickened, and "wrongful death" settlements for the families of those who didn't survive. END trade with Communist China.
Schurkey is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
dyno-tune , tune-up
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Fabrication & Tools > General Tools