Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > CTS and CTS-V
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
jsnowbordr47
AF Newbie

1st generation CTS

I currently drive a Suburban, and am looking to get into a smaller car, but something nice that gets better fuel economy (I get 11-13mpg in the winter). The 1st gen CTS has caught my attention mainly due to its bold styling, so I have a few question about it.

How is the 1st gen CTS? Most of the ones I've come across have about 90,000 miles on them with the 3.6l engine. Will these engines go for much longer the way GM's 350 small blocks go for at least 250,000 miles?

What years of the 1st gen CTS had the best reliability? I've heard horror stories of thermostats going out and costing upwards of $1500 to replace due to the thermostat being inside the engine rather than on top (like in most cars). I know with any premium brand you can expect repair costs to be a bit higher, but how much higher on average? Are Cadillacs good for DIY'ers or are they more of dealer work cars?

Any general information or things to be aware of when owning a Cadillac in general would be great.

Thanks!
jsnowbordr47 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > CTS and CTS-V