Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Spectra | Cerato | Forte | Mentor
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Spectra | Cerato | Forte | Mentor Couple 4 and 5 door models.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:49 PM   #1
breachless
AF Newbie

'06 Spectra5 wiper problems

Hello,

I own a 2006 Kia Spectra5 purchased brand new in November or December of '05, and it has been a fantastic car... but the sprayers for the wipers stopped working recently! Living in Minnesota this time of the year is a nightmare with all the wet roads mixed with salt...

The wipers themselves work just fine, but when I try to use the wiper fluid, I hear the pump making noise (doesn't sound at all unusual..) but it doesn't spray anything. Yes, it DOES have plenty of fluid... I checked all fuses that I could find, but in all the diagrams I am finding, none of them so much as mention the existent of the wiper fluid pumps.

I am on the road for work much of the day here in the Twin Cities, so it is becoming very dangerous for me to be driving around practically blind if the sun starts to shine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
breachless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #2
breachless
AF Newbie

Re: '06 Spectra5 wiper problems

This may sound silly, but I too as a Minnesotan with an '05 Spectra5 had this very problem a few seasons ago. I looked and looked for any sort of issues but could not find the problem. Same symptoms: wipers work, plenty of fluid, and the motor makes a sound but nothing.

What ended up being the case was one of the joints for the hoses was actually broken from the hood slamming down on it (location-wise, it was right up by the windshield on the passenger side. I don't know how it got to the point where that could actually happen, but a quick trip to the auto parts store, and $.99 later, it was all fixed up. Bring the old piece in so they can match it to the right size.

The reason it's silly is I would run that thing when it didn't work and would never see any fluid spilling out. I think it was just positioned in the right spot so all the fluid I was pumping out was pooling somewhere in the engine compartment where I couldn't see it.

Hope that helps: it's an easy fix!
breachless is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Spectra | Cerato | Forte | Mentor