Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Graphic Manipulation
Graphic Manipulation Post and discuss different automotive art works- photoshopped, 3d graphics, and hand-drawn.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
grantrl78
AF Enthusiast

Making the zonda less fugly.

The older the zonda gets the less I like it. If they are going for retro, why not make it look like a classic supercar?
The cab is too far forward.
grantrl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:55 AM   #2
nicecar
AF Enthusiast

Re: Making the zonda less fugly.

ewww i dont like that:P i love the zonda. maybe you should do something with the Zonda F... that aint so good :P
Old 12-30-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
grantrl78
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicecar
ewww i dont like that:P i love the zonda. maybe you should do something with the Zonda F... that aint so good :P
I hereby re-name you Meancar.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:59 AM   #4
nicecar
AF Enthusiast

meancar? :P im sorry, i just thought the zonda was a nice car to begin with. "supercars are about being mad!" and nicecar isnt meant to be me, its a comment by me at the skyline r34
Old 01-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #5
cityofthesouth
AF Regular

I don't know the car well enough to know what all you changed ... and the rendering looks good over all. However, a mid engine car's "cab" has no other choice than to sit somewhat forward. I assume the wing is an addition ... it more likely defeats the car's arrow dynamics rather than help them and it doesn't help the look at all. This isn't a ricer where that sort of stuff is added for looks alone. These cars actually will ... or are capable of, reaching speeds high enough to require added down force but the shape of the car is designed for that purpose.
cityofthesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:09 PM   #6
NSX Fan
AF Newbie

I agree with the previous poster, and to me it looks like you dropped a vette top on to the car. And with the new praportions you couldn't fit a very big, or as big of an ingine back there anymore(tying in to what the previous poster said). The graphic manipultaion is seamless, very convincing and is a very good job.
NSX Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #7
off the edge
AF Regular

i duno. I have seen the zonda in person and its really not that great. I mean the head light thing had scerws on the outside and its just ugly, something born bad and you cant really change that. thats just me though.

off the edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:32 AM   #8
grantrl78
AF Enthusiast

Damn thanx for all of the comments. Anybody watch topgear? The new $60k ZO6 smoked the zonda around their track. Those front engine cars can haul ass too. The stig is my hero.

I want to hate the zonda but I love it. If I had a few hundred thousand dollars to spare I would get one for sure. It is cooler than the audi Lambos. I like that it is a throwback with no traction control. I just think it suffers from the forward cab and 90s big ass rear end diablo syndrome.

I threw that square wing on there because the vette cockpit makes the zonda look kind of like an f40. And I still think the f40 is one of the best ferrari designs ever.

Nicecar I appreciate your replies man. I was just joking.

Last edited by grantrl78; 01-30-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #9
SGrace575
AF Newbie

I have to agree that the cab could look much better than it does. There are plenty of mid-engine and rear-engine supercars that avoid that look just by using the angles of the car and moving the seats closer to the front of the cab. Even the Carrera GT makes the cab look good and the behind on the car is massive. I'd take a Koeniggsegg CCX or most other supercars (except a Gumpert Apollo) over the Zonda. I do love what they did with the exhaust, though.
SGrace575 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Graphic Manipulation