Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 04:22 AM   #61
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Quote:
Originally posted by F20C

You should help out this forum.
Yeah I try sometimes, but to many people still come in here with often bigoted views about what they think is the better car, and have little or no rational reasons behind thier beliefs. There then unable to understand rational debates, and simply resort to the online equvilant of attempting to shout you down.
Whitness my post before, and the subsequent claims it was BS. Theres little I can do about that except warn the members concerned and take action if they repeat the performance, but as for getting a rational debate out of them Im pretty powerless.
Old 12-18-2001, 04:28 AM   #62
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Moppie

Yeah I try sometimes, but to many people still come in here with often bigoted views about what they think is the better car, and have little or no rational reasons behind thier beliefs. There then unable to understand rational debates, and simply resort to the online equvilant of attempting to shout you down.
Whitness my post before, and the subsequent claims it was BS. Theres little I can do about that except warn the members concerned and take action if they repeat the performance, but as for getting a rational debate out of them Im pretty powerless.
Being a moderator is hard. You have no powers to take any actions. I have plenty of those memory from SHO. Especially when the 2 admin aren't there all the time.
Old 12-18-2001, 04:31 AM   #63
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Quote:
Originally posted by F20C

Being a moderator is hard. You have no powers to take any actions.
Things are a little differnt here.
We have a lot more power than most mods on other forums will ever see............
Old 12-18-2001, 04:34 AM   #64
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Things are a little differnt here.
We have a lot more power than most mods on other forums will ever see............
That's good sorta like a super moderator. BTW I am little fed up with SHO's server speed. It's been damn slow when I have the time to get online.
Old 12-18-2001, 10:47 AM   #65
Integra-F20C
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Integra-F20C Send a message via AIM to Integra-F20C
Some die hard Nissan Fans in here I see..

So seems like the topic has changed to the comparison between Nissan and Honda N/A engines huh?

well..admit it..IF Nissan N/A engines were so good and produced so much more hp then Honda's N/A's and can kick honda's N/A engines so easily coz honda n/a engines are not better then Nissan n/a as deeply expressed by Chris...then tell me Chris..why is it..today..Honda in Japan..at least..dominates the N/A cars market?..and why is it..in nearly EVERY Best motoring Japanese car comparison videos..the "Professional" Japanese racing drivers..who in every video compares stock cars against each other..always states that Honda N/A engines are one of the best..due to there performance on the track?
I'm talking reality here...and not looking at engine powers and info on the net.
Believe me..on one of the best motoring videos..they compared the JDM Pulsar VZ-R to the JDM Civic Type-R with the 185hp B16B engine...and what was the outcome?..Civic Type-R completely smoked the VZR start to finish..on every corner..and every straight line....and not just that..they compared it to Mirage ZR Mivec and all other N/A cars from other cars that were in the same level..and Honda dominated the races....so this proves one thing..Honda is still the overall best N/A cars today..in japan..if u ask ANY car tuner in Japan about N/A engines..they will point u to a N/A Honda engine.

don't take this the wrong way...I admire nissan's for there turbo engines...since I really want a S15 to play with...but if u compare Nissan N/A's to Honda N/A's...admite it..Honda so make better..and more popular N/A engines..since that is what Honda's are good at..and only good at..well..at least.

and i know these stuff..coz as a kid who goes to japan yearly..and is interested in car stuff..i learned all these through some car friends in japan and some tuners and of course...my favortie best motoring car videos..

more infoHere
Old 01-07-2002, 06:10 PM   #66
p_r_i_m_e_r_a
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to p_r_i_m_e_r_a
"An Sr20 can push 400 hp too the wheels on Stock internals. Can you do that with your precious Vtec? I don't think so. Get off your soap box gimp." -Mike Collins

If a car company sells 1,000 or 10,000 auto's it still is production, no matter how you candy-coat it

From what i've read, about half of you need to do more research before working those fingers

I can still buy a SR20VE for less than a GS-R 1.8.....

Nissans 1.6 VVL makes the same if not more torque then the 1.8L VTEC found in the Acura Integra GS-R's
Chris, good luck preaching to the deaf...........
Old 01-07-2002, 06:22 PM   #67
91HBSi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 91HBSi Send a message via AIM to 91HBSi Send a message via Yahoo to 91HBSi
Quote:
Originally posted by p_r_i_m_e_r_a
"An Sr20 can push 400 hp too the wheels on Stock internals. Can you do that with your precious Vtec? I don't think so. Get off your soap box gimp." -Mike Collins

If a car company sells 1,000 or 10,000 auto's it still is production, no matter how you candy-coat it

From what i've read, about half of you need to do more research before working those fingers

I can still buy a SR20VE for less than a GS-R 1.8.....

Nissans 1.6 VVL makes the same if not more torque then the 1.8L VTEC found in the Acura Integra GS-R's
Chris, good luck preaching to the deaf...........
Your mama! Hehe

It doesn't matter to me either way, cause I am stuck here in America where we don't get Sylvias and Skylines so I think I will go buy an S2000 when I get a chance.

Former PureHonda.com member since Dec. 00

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Pilippians ONe21
Old 01-07-2002, 09:02 PM   #68
p_r_i_m_e_r_a
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to p_r_i_m_e_r_a
Quote:
Originally posted by 91HBSi

Your mama! Hehe

It doesn't matter to me either way, cause I am stuck here in America where we don't get Sylvias and Skylines so I think I will go buy an S2000 when I get a chance.
Funny, I live in America too and you can get your hands on all of the above one way or another.
Plus Nissans new lineup will include some variation of the Skyline.

P.S. my mamma says Honda HB's are to Imports as Mullets are to Musclecars...............
Old 03-12-2002, 04:49 AM   #69
VZ-R
AF Newbie

OK Just a short post on the SR16VE / B16 DEBATE.

I own a nissan pulsar VZ-R with the sr16ve engine.
I have friends who have civic si-r 's and hence had the chance to compare the two cars. I am not basing my comments but on my drives in both cars. The civic handles better, the VZ-R is faster. I have a car length on the si-r by the time we are doing 160kmph.

I have also run against starlet turbos or glanza's in the dom market and both the civic and vz-r had no problem with this one.

In favour of the civic , tuning parts are very easy to come by as is info and support. The sr16ve .....hmmm no info, everything is japaneese and I am stuck after doing int/exh and flywheel.

Any experts out there who can help??
Old 03-12-2002, 03:45 PM   #70
Moppie
Master Connector

Quote:
Originally posted by VZ-R
The civic handles better, the VZ-R is faster. I have a car length on the si-r by the time we are doing 160kmph.

I think this kinda sums it up! Only a car length at 160kph? Even though the SR16ve supposdly has a lot more hp than the B16a. I guess Nissan made an engine with little practicle street use, i.e. they forget that making all that peak hp will come at the expense of useable torque. Oh well Nissan have always been more into Turbo's for their performance models.

Anyway VZ-R welcome to AF! Your the first person Iv ever encounted who claims to actualy own a VZ-R and is able to tell us about what its like to drive.

Iv also had a good hunt for info on them, but as you said its all in Japanese. Try useing the bablefish translation program at www.altavista.com It might be of some help.

Otherwise there's a member in the Infinity G20 forum (USDM Primera) who I tihnk knows a bit about them.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:57 PM   #71
91HBSi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 91HBSi Send a message via AIM to 91HBSi Send a message via Yahoo to 91HBSi
Quote:
Originally posted by p_r_i_m_e_r_a

Funny, I live in America too and you can get your hands on all of the above one way or another.
Plus Nissans new lineup will include some variation of the Skyline.

P.S. my mamma says Honda HB's are to Imports as Mullets are to Musclecars...............
I can't belive you just compared my car to a mullet I don't see many 4g hatches around here. Mine is, for sure, the only one that has any aftermarket stuff.

I am glad this topic came up again, because I am in a dilemma. I found a 95 240sx Se for sale and I am wondering if I should get it or not. It is 4300 dollars, which is negotiable I am sure. But I don't know if I should sell my civic and start over on another car or what. If I don't get the 240 then I will swap a b18b into the hatch. If I get the 240 I will have little or no money to spend on it, except for some wheels, cause it has these hideous wheels on it that look like a flower or something. I would eventually swap in an SR20. What would you guys do?

I drove the car today and I like it, but I don't know if I want to abandon the hatch that I've loved for so long....

Former PureHonda.com member since Dec. 00

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Pilippians ONe21
Old 03-13-2002, 01:29 AM   #72
CHRIS200T
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to CHRIS200T Send a message via Yahoo to CHRIS200T
Thumbs down

Quote:

I think this kinda sums it up! Only a car length at 160kph? Even though the SR16ve supposdly has a lot more hp than the B16a. I guess Nissan made an engine with little practicle street use.
Actually the VVL motors are Vary Practical for street use. In stock form in a NX2000 (my girlfriend’s car) it ran a somewhat traction limited 14.1@95MPH on street tire's... The car makes awesome torque and when the VVL hits at 4800 RPM it breaks the tires free in 1st gear and smack the rev limiter. So it is vary practical motor to drive. Never messed with the SR16VE's only the SR20VE's. I know when I raced my friend's Civic SI witch has Intake, header & exhaust by 85mph or so I am out on him by like almost 4 car length’s.. I even pulled on a 6speed RSX type"S"hit on the top end on the freeway with noooo problem witch buy the way is a 2.0L 200HP VTWACK motor and both Civic SI b16a powered and RSX type"S"hit are both around the same weight as the NX2000... So I would say it performs just about everywhere in the power band vary well. More so then Honda's VTWACK.

PS: Our Shop toy car "2.0L almost bone stock VVL POWERD Sentra E modle with Intake and Open header on a stock 2.0L SE-R NON VVL Computer On Slicks ran 13.2 in the 1/4 mile. I don't know of meny stock GS-R Swap's or type R swaps into Civic HB's that run that fast
92 Sentra SE-R Almost stock
-
91 NX2000 SR20VE VVL Powered 177WHP almost stock (Girlfriends Car)
Old 03-13-2002, 01:35 AM   #73
CHRIS200T
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to CHRIS200T Send a message via Yahoo to CHRIS200T
Quote:
Originally posted by 91HBSi

I can't belive you just compared my car to a mullet I don't see many 4g hatches around here. Mine is, for sure, the only one that has any aftermarket stuff.

I am glad this topic came up again, because I am in a dilemma. I found a 95 240sx Se for sale and I am wondering if I should get it or not. It is 4300 dollars, which is negotiable I am sure. But I don't know if I should sell my civic and start over on another car or what. If I don't get the 240 then I will swap a b18b into the hatch. If I get the 240 I will have little or no money to spend on it, except for some wheels, cause it has these hideous wheels on it that look like a flower or something. I would eventually swap in an SR20. What would you guys do?

I drove the car today and I like it, but I don't know if I want to abandon the hatch that I've loved for so long....
GO RWD Silva Swap on the 240!! Turbo is by far the best fun you will ever have. TURBO 240 RWD! You will become a drift master

On the other hand the HB!!!! Wowww I used to own a 91 Civic HB By far one of the smallest car's with the most room inside that I did like allot about the car.. I choped a hole tree into 4 peace's and it fit in my HB. Broke the seat doing it but hay it fit.
92 Sentra SE-R Almost stock
-
91 NX2000 SR20VE VVL Powered 177WHP almost stock (Girlfriends Car)
Old 03-13-2002, 01:59 AM   #74
Moppie
Master Connector

CHRIS200T Q. Why the need to talk about Honda's VTEC engine's with such derogatory language?
Its really not needed, and is most often used to cover up ignorance and irrationality.

Anyway, its a bit unfare to compare a 2.0L Sr20ve with a B16a, and even more unfare to compare it with the D16y non-VTEC in the Civic si. or the detuned for the US B16a in the later 5g/6g Si and Del Sol.

And as for taking on an RSX, well was it a Type S? or the 160hp base model? and either way you have a huge weight advantage.

And 200hp from a well tuned B18c in a 4g hatch will easily reach deep into the 13s. Or what your sentra on slicks is doing. and faster than your g/f's NX2000.

Anyway, as far as im concerned this a pointless argument.

Honda has been building Variable lift and timing engine for far longer than anyone else, and has spent signifcantly more money and time than any other manufactor, they are also the only manufactor fitting the technology to every single one of thier engines.

You mention that the SR16ve has 200hp, the same as the F20c in the new RSX, well does the SR16ve also have ULTRA LEV status? I dont think so. And more importantly, how noticeable is the Cam change over? oh thats right you break traction, the K20c or even the B16b (Civic Type-R) has such a smooth change over its not a problem. And in the new K20 is almost unnoticable.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc............................................... ..
Old 03-13-2002, 04:20 AM   #75
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

I, for one, have really abandoned any commentary to this thread. The world already knows about Honda's mastery to natural aspirated prowess; after all where do they get their basis for their Formula One effort?

On the other hand, Nissan has always been a name for hardened blocks and high pressures; namely turbochargers. I must applaud them for endeavoring into foreign territories. The SR16VE may not be the best high strung n/a motor, nor the most efficient turbo mill for their standards, but the SR16's block is still an offspring of the SR20DET, and does provide forced induction capabilities. Then again, this does seem to be a n/a thread.