Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: WRX or RSX type S ???
WRX 46 44.23%
RSX type S 58 55.77%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 02:00 AM   #16
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Quote:
Originally posted by maceez13
RSX... WRX is jus plain ugly
thats just your opinion, looks is only an opinion. i personally think the rsx is one of the uglyest cars out, it has no sense of subtlety at all, it looks like a classroom full of 13 year old rice boy wannabees designed it. but thats just my opinion. the wrx isnt great looking either, but the rsx is horrible in my opinion. the old integra was really nice looking too, what a pity.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:11 AM   #17
maceez13
AF Regular

well thats your opinion.... glad its not a waggen
Old 04-13-2002, 03:04 PM   #18
LjasonL
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by maceez13
well thats your opinion.... glad its not a waggen
yeah... its great it has no functionality... thats awesome...
Old 05-02-2002, 03:39 AM   #19
jeffrey
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to jeffrey Send a message via AIM to jeffrey
It really depends what you want. I love my WRX but I'm thinking about buying an RSX as a 2nd car. My chick drives the WRX a lot to work and stuff because I like to ride my bike to work (Honda RC51) and often need my truck to haul a buncha crap I don't want to chew up the inside of the WRX with.

But I'm seriously considering leasing an RSX for a year or two (I'm building a Supra next year).

Styling? I like both. They are certainly different. The RSX is more natively 'ricey' just due to the target audience. The WRX is a homologation car (they have to build it to race it) so well, it looks like a Rally car (which it is).

I will agree that the RSX is more svelte/racey looking, but the WRX is all buisness too. They both have their strong points.

Perfomance-wise, it's no contest.

Even if you spend the 4k and stick a turbo on an RSX, you can spend less then $1000 on a WRX and add another 50hp/30ft lbs of torque (article in this months Sport Compact Car).

Pre programmed piggy back ECU, BOV, under drive pully and belts and an up-pipe. Dyoned and tested.

So you can get WRX STi HP out of a stock WRX with the stock exhaust for another $1000. Not a bad deal.

Oddly enough, my RSX (if I get one) will be my grocery getter.
Old 05-05-2002, 04:42 PM   #20
BluStori
AF Enthusiast

RSX... WRX is jus plain ugly

First of all, WRX is not ugly...
Have u ever seen one with th C-WEST KIT?
WRX is not at all ugly~
RSX might look a little better but u shouldnt go around saying WRX is ugly!
It just shows that ur ignorant and don't kno much bout the WRX:finger:
Old 05-05-2002, 07:56 PM   #21
maceez13
AF Regular

im ignorent and dont know much about the wrx just because i personally think that it is ugly??? that makes u sound pretty ignorent to me... my opinion of its looks has nothing to do with that :smoka:

:greenchai
Old 05-05-2002, 09:09 PM   #22
LjasonL
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by BluStori
RSX might look a little better
in my opinion, the wrx doesnt look very good, but the rsx looks a lot worse.
Old 05-05-2002, 09:44 PM   #23
DjGurdon
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to DjGurdon Send a message via AIM to DjGurdon Send a message via MSN to DjGurdon Send a message via Yahoo to DjGurdon
How in the world does anyone think the RSX is good looking ? I've seen a dozen or so stock RSXs on the street, & everytime I do, I ask "what were they thinking ?" Haven't seen any with a kit yet ... so I won't delve into that. The WRX isn't particularly attractive, but it definitely looks interesting. Boooka
Old 05-06-2002, 08:03 AM   #24
jawmtt
AF Newbie

RSX vs. WRX

Having driven both vehicles, I would pick the RSX TypeS because the RSX is head & shoulders above the WRX in refinement & looks (depending on what you like). The RSX runs & idles like a gem, the WRX is a little too rough. The WRX is faster on paper, but in reality, you can not feel the difference in real world driving. Both are great cars for their target groups. The RSX will have a better reliability & much better resale/trade-in value. The WRX O2 sensors go bad after much hard driving per the dealership mechanic (& who is not going to be driving these cars hard? That is the whole point of this car).
What is boils down to is if you like a fast car that is rough around the edges, & bold in its styling, the WRX wins. But, if you want a fast car with refinement, style grace & excellent name brand, the RSX TypeS is the winner
Old 05-11-2002, 02:38 AM   #25
jeffrey
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to jeffrey Send a message via AIM to jeffrey
Re: RSX vs. WRX

Quote:
Originally posted by jawmtt
Having driven both vehicles, I would pick the RSX TypeS because the RSX is head & shoulders above the WRX in refinement & looks (depending on what you like). The RSX runs & idles like a gem, the WRX is a little too rough. The WRX is faster on paper, but in reality, you can not feel the difference in real world driving. Both are great cars for their target groups. The RSX will have a better reliability & much better resale/trade-in value. The WRX O2 sensors go bad after much hard driving per the dealership mechanic (& who is not going to be driving these cars hard? That is the whole point of this car).
What is boils down to is if you like a fast car that is rough around the edges, & bold in its styling, the WRX wins. But, if you want a fast car with refinement, style grace & excellent name brand, the RSX TypeS is the winner
Eh.. Subaru unreliable? I dunno about that. I drive the piss out of my WRX (SCCA events) have had it for about a year now, and have had zero problems. Nothing, not even a hiccup.

I do agree that the RSX is more luxury-like, because it is. If that is what you are going for, get the RSX.

And if you can't feel the speed difference between the two cars, you sir are dead, lol.

The WRX is substantially faster then the RSX Type S. I've driven both extensively.
Old 05-11-2002, 03:28 AM   #26
LjasonL
Some Guy

about the reliability issue, consumer reports ranks subaru higher than honda in reliability. over 90% of subaru vehicles ever made are still on the road.
Old 05-13-2002, 11:08 PM   #27
Tuarus SHO
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by border_project
it would be stupid if you put leather in it because its ment to be driven hard.
So cars with leather aren't supposed to be driven hard? I don't get it.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:47 PM   #28
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Quote:
Originally posted by ldelaysionl
over 90% of subaru vehicles ever made are still on the road.

What a crock of shit statistic that is!
Want to show me a source?

Or prehaps you could look up production number per year for Subaru and find out how many cars they didn't make prior to about 1990.

As for which is the better car?

Well go drive both and take the one you like the most.

The RSX will be a lot cheaper to run, but the WRX might be a little bit faster. (i disagree with this, but the WRX owners in here all live in LaLa land, where a stock WRX will beat anything).
But both will offer a very differnt driving expeiance.
One is a Turbo'd 4WD and the other is a N/A FWD. one weighs more, and the other light and agile.
I personaly would take the RSX, but only because Ill be damned if I can afford petrol and tyres for the WRX, and becasue I happen to really like the way Honda sets up thier Suspensions. (although the USDM RSX will most likely have a differnt set up to the Integra Type-R which is its NZ equivilant in terms of spec)

So take them both for a good long drive and then choose the one you like the most.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:33 PM   #29
1992civic
AF Newbie

well the wrx is better with the holeshot, traction and handling.
the boxer engine gives 227hp the fly.... thats only like 195 to the wheels but still a powerful car.. with its awd, this monster will kill anything for the 0-50ft mark. as far as the rsx, as much as i love acuras/hondas. they didn't do a good job on this machine. they gave this car so much weight and not enough hp to push. with only 175hp pushing the wheels, a fwd will scream for traction, and not getting a good solid 0-60...
Old 06-12-2002, 10:41 PM   #30
rollin on dubs
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to rollin on dubs
although the wrx might have more potential, its just plain UGLY, i would definatly go with the RSX, it looks great, and in the long run (if ya got the money) its worth it

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons