Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: The better track car??
Viper 23 58.97%
Nsx-r 16 41.03%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 03:07 PM   #31
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nsx R vs Viper Srt 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaleen
Yea most definetly but tuner wise the nsx when really moded is insane just look at signals. That damn thing is a monster.

on another note ~

If your talking about bang for the buck well thats a no brainer the "noble m12" 360 hp 360 tq 55,000 and you aint beating the performance spec's it beat the viper with ease. 0-60 time is 3.9 the car weighs 2045 pounds and has a full race suspention the only down side is its U turns radius which is a Joke an amazing 27.5 feet my moms merc does it in like 10 or something like that.
However, the current price of that thing would probably drive me to rather get the SRT-10, Z06, or even an older Ferrari. Wish they'd lower the price.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:30 PM   #32
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

i would choose the nsx-r on the best motoring dvds they were racing different nsx's the type r got #'s from 12.8-13.3 so i duno.. but the nsx-r isnt' just an nsx.. i would choose it over the viper
Old 07-18-2004, 07:54 PM   #33
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Tell you what, quote for me some cold hard facts.

What's an NSX Type-R run 0-60? 0-100? 1/4? 0-100-0?

How about slalom speed? Skidpad? 60-0 braking distance?

And most importantly, how much does an NSX Type-R cost relative to the Viper SRT-10?

I don't care what you saw in a video. Until you can prove to me that an NSX Type R can either hang with the Viper for less money OR handily outperform the Viper as its higher price tag demands, I will tell you the Viper is the better track car.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:03 PM   #34
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

well jeeze.. im just telling you what i saw in the best motoring video.. im sorry if i said anything wrong.. seemed like i offended you or something
Old 07-18-2004, 10:19 PM   #35
~Viper~dude~46290~
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ~Viper~dude~46290~ Send a message via MSN to ~Viper~dude~46290~
THe Viper Destroys Competition

vipers are all around better cars i test drivenboth cars the nsx is light foreign ideal car easy on gas and fast on the track the viper just destorys with 3,300 pounds and v10 you just cant beat that the vanquish v12 and the 16 by cadillac is great but it cant tow 5000 pound motors on a race way i went with the viper but why whould i ever go foreign i love america no offense but dodge destroys the competition always has and will
Old 07-18-2004, 10:22 PM   #36
~Viper~dude~46290~
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ~Viper~dude~46290~ Send a message via MSN to ~Viper~dude~46290~
Re: THe Viper Destroys Competition

vipers are all around better cars i test drivenboth cars,

the nsx is light foreign ideal car easy on gas and fast on the track,

the viper just destorys with 3,300 pounds and v10 you just cant beat that,

theres 2 engines bigger the vanquish v12 and the 16 by cadillac is great but it cant tow 5000 pound motors on a race way,

i went with the viper but why whould i ever go foreign i love america no offense but dodge destroys the competition always has and will
Old 07-18-2004, 10:41 PM   #37
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587
Re: Nsx R vs Viper Srt 10

I'd take the "user-friendly super car", the NSX.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:10 AM   #38
3000ways
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla's Keeper
Tell you what, quote for me some cold hard facts.

What's an NSX Type-R run 0-60? 0-100? 1/4? 0-100-0?

How about slalom speed? Skidpad? 60-0 braking distance?

And most importantly, how much does an NSX Type-R cost relative to the Viper SRT-10?

I don't care what you saw in a video. Until you can prove to me that an NSX Type R can either hang with the Viper for less money OR handily outperform the Viper as its higher price tag demands, I will tell you the Viper is the better track car.
The NSX Type R does-
0-60- 4.4 to 4.5 Seconds
1/4 Mile goes in by in about 12.8-13.0 Seconds
Slalom Speed is around 70MPH
Skidpad- is about .96g-98g
Braking- 110-114FT
Price tag- I believe, don't quote me on this is close to or just over $100,000 in US Dollars.

Those numbers are accomplished with upgraded suspension/wheels/tires and almost 400LB weight loss. While impressive, still not enough to take the Viper. The Viper is an awesome car, and despite it's weight is a great handling car and easily out powers the NSX Type R. Still I believe the NSX Type R is an awesome car, that just needs alittle more power.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:43 AM   #39
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: THe Viper Destroys Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Viper~dude~46290~
vipers are all around better cars i test drivenboth cars the nsx is light foreign ideal car easy on gas and fast on the track the viper just destorys with 3,300 pounds and v10 you just cant beat that the vanquish v12 and the 16 by cadillac is great but it cant tow 5000 pound motors on a race way i went with the viper but why whould i ever go foreign i love america no offense but dodge destroys the competition always has and will
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Viper~dude~46290~
vipers are all around better cars i test drivenboth cars,

the nsx is light foreign ideal car easy on gas and fast on the track,

the viper just destorys with 3,300 pounds and v10 you just cant beat that,

theres 2 engines bigger the vanquish v12 and the 16 by cadillac is great but it cant tow 5000 pound motors on a race way,

i went with the viper but why whould i ever go foreign i love america no offense but dodge destroys the competition always has and will
Dodge always has destroyed the competition and always will? lol

though I would not consider NSX-R in terms of the price tag it has, and Viper is simply a sexy car, but in terms of reliability and longevity... hehe. Plus NSX- is a MR, another words, weight distribution matches the likes of Ferraris, so if it had that little boost of power to match the Viper's, Dodge can have its rivaling "Import." And with the added power, I believe its true handling could be tested. And they're cars, I won't bother looking at nations of origin.

And no personal offense, but your posts didn't seem like you've typed in English for long.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:34 AM   #40
HONDACIVICSI1990
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to HONDACIVICSI1990
Re: Re: Nsx R vs Viper Srt 10

i vote nsx because come on now its a HONDA ol u could get more girls AND looks in that ar than a viper or boring corvette
Old 07-19-2004, 09:03 AM   #41
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

i think i've mentioned this before but why are you guys so obsessed with how much cheaper something is?
i'm pretty sure you don't apply this factor to other 'status symbols'.
'yeah, my casio costs less than your rolex...'

i wonder how much the viper would be if it had an all aluminium chassis/body
and
carbon fibre roof, bonnet+spolier.

the viper costs less because well, it is a cheap car to make.
not saying that it is necessarily good/bad,
just that it doesn't mean much.

am i the only one who finds comparing a 3.2 litre car to a 8.0 litre car a little funny?

hmm, that poses another little set of questions.

ok,
the nsx cost probably twice (no idea what they cost in the u.s) as much as the viper but is it twice the car?
but then,
the viper has more than twice the engine but does it have twice the performance?
Old 07-19-2004, 09:16 AM   #42
3000ways
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Nsx R vs Viper Srt 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken monkey
i think i've mentioned this before but why are you guys so obsessed with how much cheaper something is?
i'm pretty sure you don't apply this factor to other 'status symbols'.
'yeah, my casio costs less than your rolex...'

i wonder how much the viper would be if it had an all aluminium chassis/body
and
carbon fibre roof, bonnet+spolier.

the viper costs less because well, it is a cheap car to make.
not saying that it is necessarily good/bad,
just that it doesn't mean much.

am i the only one who finds comparing a 3.2 litre car to a 8.0 litre car a little funny?

hmm, that poses another little set of questions.

ok,
the nsx cost probably twice (no idea what they cost in the u.s) as much as the viper but is it twice the car?
but then,
the viper has more than twice the engine but does it have twice the performance?
Yeah I totally agree with you on that, the technology and time that went into building the NSX Type R fully justifies it's price tag. The very fact that we are even comparing a 3.2L N/A 6-Cylinder to a 8.3L N/A 10-Cylinder is amazing. The only thing don't agree with, (This is just my opinion so don't take it personal) is comparing watches to cars, price tag for cars is very important, because it the second largest purchase any person will make in their lives (First being a home). Buying a car is much more complex than buying a watch. There is a hella of alot more that goes into the thinking, such as price, performance, reliability, and etc. That is why there are 30 or more different car magazines published, while I can't remember ever picking up a magazine that dealt with watches. So I can understand why price would be a big factor, yet I still believe the NSX is worth it's price, but would be so much better with more power. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying more for the better product, but if I'm paying upwards of $30,000 or more for a car, it better be the better product.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:36 AM   #43
del
móddə rąytər

um, price is a factor for the 95% of americans who dont' fit in that category we like to call "rich folks". if you make $200k plus a year, sure, the price of a car is among the least of your concerns. for the rest of us who don't make that kind of coin, such as myself for example, the price of the car is among the top 3 factors in my decision making process.

and i want to see value in every dollar i pay for a car. and while i love the NSX-r for everything the car is, even though i voted for the NSX-r over the viper, dollar for dollar, the viper just gives you more bang. technology, being hand built, etc are all great. but the bottom line of going straight from point A to point B faster and cheaper, that has to go to the viper. aroudn the track, i stillk vote for the nsx-r, price not a factor.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:59 AM   #44
3000ways
AF Enthusiast

One other thing, you really have to look at the NSX Type R and it's purpose. I know some people are talking about reliability and etc., but really when you think about it, what are reasons somebody would buy the NSX Type R over a regular NSX? For the performance. Does the NSX Type R performance put it on par with it's competetion, does the performance of this car match the performance of the Ferrari 360 Modena, Ford GT, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 911 GT3, Lamborghini Gallardo, or Dodge Viper SRT-10? I really can't say it does, not with it's very technologically advance but underpowered 6-Cylinder.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:16 PM   #45
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

well, if you are considering an nsx (or an nsx-r in particular) in the first place then the cost issue shouldn't be a factor.

Buying a car is much more complex than buying a watch. There is a hella of alot more that goes into the thinking, such as price, performance, reliability, and etc

a lot can be said for watches....
£100 for an accurist?
£1000 for a rolex?
£10,000 for a brietling?
£100,000 for a gerald perregeux?
£200,000+for a 100% hand built, co-axial escapement pocket watch that took ten years to make but is more accurate than anything else in the world?
cars and watches are more similar than you think...

no offence guys but you are basing how good a car is on how well it fares against cars on a track.
while this is a good reference these things are never 'definite' results.
there is always the unquantifiable question of how a car feels.
there are many mid engined cars in the world so why did gordon murray choose an nsx as a point of reference for the F1's handling?

you say the nsx-r is underpowered and that is a fact but you seem not to realise that in terms of lap times, performed by highly skilled drivers, the nsx is not that far behind.
like i said elsewhere, two or three seconds don't amount to much in the real world....

i mean, to throw another little spanner into things, lets look at the lotus exige as another point of reference.
it costs about half what the nsx-r does, has even less power and torque (and weight...)
but it can have a hell of a good time clinging onto the tail of the cars mentioned.

it isn't as fast
but
it can still give them cars a challenge.
is it a worse car because it isn't as fast?

hmm, should also point out that with the exception of the two american offerings on the list, the others are actually just as high-tech....
and seeing as how the nsx is essentially a ten year old car goes to highlight the achievement and significance of the nsx.
i mean, my point is, it isn't really a case that the nsx is expensive.
more like the viper is cheap.
the whole process of making the nsx costs more, from hand welding the aluminium chassis,
to forming the carbon fibre body panels
to painting the carbon fibre (which is a veeery expensive process...).

please don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that the nsx-r is a 'better'.
nor am i saying that the viper is a 'worse' one.
i'm just saying that when it comes to things like this you can't just say, the viper is faster and cheaper, therefore it is better.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons