Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 04:08 PM   #1
Z06nutSS
AF Enthusiast

z06 vs modena

z06 has faster 0-60 faster 1/4 mile more hp and faster slolom (cant't spell) speed i like the z06

Last edited by Z06nutSS; 10-23-2003 at 06:06 PM.
Z06nutSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 07:07 AM   #2
vette boy02
AF Newbie

yea i completly agree with you i would probably take the z06, both are impressive but the z06 has way more tuning capibilities that you would just not do with a ferrari unless u were gunna take it to konig which would cost alot.
vette boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 04:51 PM   #3
Z06nutSS
AF Enthusiast

thank you! all the assholes at the ferrari forums dont want to admit it but they cant run form the truth forever the z06 is also fast then all the other current ferraries cept the enzo and if chevy builds the ss man 0-60 in 5.1 thats faster than the astons
Old 10-24-2003, 04:57 PM   #4
blasian_man
AF Enthusiast

what if i wanted the looks of a modena, and the performance of a z06, corvettes look nice, but ferrari's are alot more appealing to me. you can only go so fast on the street, and i don't anticipate taking a $50k+ car to the track very often, so i'd get the chick magnet
blasian_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 06:58 PM   #5
Z06nutSS
AF Enthusiast

meh i guess your kinda right you could prob. wait for the 05' vette the base will be lighter and have more bhp than the current z06 and the c6 zo6 will have 500bhp and the c6 is supposed to kinda look like ferraries and maby better but think about it your only spending $50k hah! only, on a car with better performance and not that bad looks or you could buy a $176k car with less performance but better looks and more prestige kind of a noodle scratcher
Old 10-26-2003, 11:26 AM   #6
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
If I were going for looks it really hard to beat the physic of a Ferrari. (even though that C5 body is so sweet). But If I was buying the car for their abilities, im goona have to go with the Z06. And especially for the price tag its hard to match it up with anything. It also rapes the modena in gas milage comparison. city/highway Z06 19/28, Modena 10/16 ouch. Guess thats what happens when you have 5 valves per cylinder.
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 08:35 PM   #7
Chevyracincamaro
AF Fanatic

who needs chicks when you got a wicked car...plus any girls that would date you just of your ferrari are not appealing to me...dont get me wrong, i love women but z06 is certainly more pleasing.
Chevyracincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chevyracincamaro For This Useful Post:
markothemechanics (06-18-2016)
Old 10-29-2003, 03:51 PM   #8
vette boy02
AF Newbie

Thumbs up

hahahahahahahaha i know eh no arguements except for when they need maitnence!!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 03:53 PM   #9
vette boy02
AF Newbie

........well then again if you have a vette or a ferrari u could get any woman u wanted i think the money would do the talkin.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:45 PM   #10
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Re: z06 vs modena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette boy02
........well then again if you have a vette or a ferrari u could get any woman u wanted i think the money would do the talkin.
no doubt about that.
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:38 PM   #11
Z06nutSS
AF Enthusiast

hey i want to say thanx to anyone so far that has posted something almost anyone anywere else wont admit that a z06 is faster its realy pissing me off so thanx
Old 11-08-2003, 08:02 PM   #12
TEXAS-HOTROD
AF Regular

Z06

I think it was Motor Trend that ran a test on the all-around best performance car for the dollar, and it was the Z06 that won the contest the last several years in a row. The contenders were the Viper, the Z06, and the Ford Cobra-R (or some piece of crap, all I know is that it was a Ford Mustang). The Z06 is so user friendly--- rides great, handles well, runs awesome, and all with the a/c turned on and the tunes cranked up.

There is nothing like the coolness of a Ferrari, that is if you can afford one. I guess you have to consider the up keep too. If you can afford the car, you're supposed to be able to pay the repairs.

You're sitting at a red light and some guy in his Ferrari pulls up and revvs the engine. You look over and he's sitting there w/his black leather gloves, his cool shades and a woman by his side. The green light comes down and the prancing horse ends up getting smoked.

You end up stealing the Ferrari chick and the Ferrari prick is HISTORY.----Beating a Ferrari would be cooler than owning one. ---That's why you couldn't get a response in the ferrari forum.
---TEX---
TEXAS-HOTROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:02 AM   #13
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Re: Z06

Yeah, but if I remember right the SVT-Cobra R won this last year (it was close) It has the same 0-60 as the C5 and .1 faster in the 1/4 based on that mag. It also was I think 8 large cheaper than the c5. The Cobra looks like ass though... The new mustang looks a lot more muscular thank god. Ford's last attempt at the mustang looked too family car-ish to be a sports car, ya know? it's almost like they were competing with firebirds and camaro's and such. They don't really have a contender for the z06 tho. And the mustang had to go through forced induction to pull out those extra 30 ponies over the c5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS-HOTROD
I think it was Motor Trend that ran a test on the all-around best performance car for the dollar, and it was the Z06 that won the contest the last several years in a row. The contenders were the Viper, the Z06, and the Ford Cobra-R (or some piece of crap, all I know is that it was a Ford Mustang). The Z06 is so user friendly--- rides great, handles well, runs awesome, and all with the a/c turned on and the tunes cranked up.

There is nothing like the coolness of a Ferrari, that is if you can afford one. I guess you have to consider the up keep too. If you can afford the car, you're supposed to be able to pay the repairs.

You're sitting at a red light and some guy in his Ferrari pulls up and revvs the engine. You look over and he's sitting there w/his black leather gloves, his cool shades and a woman by his side. The green light comes down and the prancing horse ends up getting smoked.

You end up stealing the Ferrari chick and the Ferrari prick is HISTORY.----Beating a Ferrari would be cooler than owning one. ---That's why you couldn't get a response in the ferrari forum.
---TEX---
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 05:01 PM   #14
vette boy02
AF Newbie

hahahahahah i took a buddy of mine in his ferrari in my vette c5. the ferrari got crapped on. but ide have to say it is still a real nice car.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:24 PM   #15
Z06nutSS
AF Enthusiast

just think when the c6 z06 comes out 500bhp and it will be lighter ahh man the viper gone the 360 already gone and so on

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons