Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 11:58 PM   #61
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
COMPARING THESE TOO IS THE WORST......it goes on and on, notice any of these comparisons has like 100 replies and has been viewed 20,000 times

comparing after market cars has soo many sides.....and while comparing Muscle car and Import....find a domestic and race it with a SKYLINE....just cuz its not a 4 cylinder dont mean it aint a import.

Z28 aint shit compared to that =)
Old 12-30-2001, 04:09 PM   #62
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
I think people need to stop comparing an import that costs $60k against a $30k domestic, or vis versa. People need to compare similar priced cars and stock, because as soon as you get into the "but with this it could be that" well it usually works out that way...
Old 12-30-2001, 09:20 PM   #63
JBL85
AF Fanatic

But, but, but with HAHAHA......yeah thats exactly why there is 20,000 replies to any comparison......but with 500shot of nos, I could have beet that Lamborghini in my GSR
Old 01-26-2002, 07:38 PM   #64
ChibiSF
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ChibiSF
Quote:
Originally posted by TatII
and usually people tend to compare cars of the same class. not a car thats 2 classes below. if you want to compare "REAL" japanese cars, bring on the Lancer Evo's, the Skyline GT-R's, the Supra TT, the RX-7's, the WRX STi's, and the NSX. see those are the japanese's big boys. and can stand up to american muscle cars, even the almighty Z06. migh tnot beat it but it will give it a run for its money. in fact the GT-R will give it a very good run for tis money.
The cars are fast. Yes, extremely. But now you're comparing it to the Z06. 0 - 60 in 3.9 seconds, with a lateral acceleration of 1.0 g. This car beat out a 2002 Porsche 911 Turbo around the track by about .7 seconds. It didn't burn it, but you're talking Porsche here. o_O;

Now, if you get into modding the Skylines, the Supras, the RX-7s, etc. a modded Corvette would still destroy those cars. The Lingenfelter Corvette does the quarter in 9.524 @ 145.25 miles per hour, WITHOUT the aid of Nitrous Oxide. I know the top speed of a lesser Lingenfelter Corvette is 226 mph, but that car only gets 650 hp as compared to the 750 to the top rated Lingenfelter. It also does 0 - 150 in 14.90, 0 - 60 in around 3.40 seconds. All without the aid of nitrous.
Old 01-26-2002, 07:48 PM   #65
JBL85
AF Fanatic

As much as I agree with you on that one....a modded skyline and a modded z06 is 2 different things...the Skyline is a few classes above....you can have that thing in 1000hp range + have reliablity. Z06 is a cool car and all, but mod for mod a skyline owns it, stock for stock, Z06 is just a better bang for the buck
Old 01-26-2002, 08:20 PM   #66
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
I am really beggining to HATE Skylines.

There, I said it. I feel much better now.
Old 01-26-2002, 08:32 PM   #67
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

I second polygon, and i don't really know anything about skylines. To me they were never anything huge, but they are all i ever hear about, i'm getting sick of it. There are faster, and better cars out there than the skyline!
Old 01-26-2002, 10:35 PM   #68
TatII
AF Fanatic

yeah as much of a skyline fan as i am. i do admit that there are alot of faster cars out there. but what i love about the skyline its is overall good ness, and its brutish looks, and how its pretty much the fastest car to come out of japan. it might not have the fastest top speed, or the fastest aceleration, but its a pefect blend of both and thats why it can pull up the fastest lap times. its always either this or the evo that are teh fastest cars in japan at the tracks.
Old 01-27-2002, 02:01 AM   #69
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
I'll admit it is a nice car. BUT I get sick of all the praise they get. To just about everyone here they are the GOD of cars, and there are a lot of better cars that I would much rather drive. Gahhh, just hearing oh well the Skyline does this, oh and the Skyline is sooooo fast, oh and you can get 1000hp out of a Skyline.

I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS WHAT THE SKYLINE DOES.

Ah, now I REALLY feel better. There are plenty of cars that can spank a Skyline. I just get tired af all the bloody hype.
Old 01-27-2002, 03:00 AM   #70
JBL85
AF Fanatic

THE SKYLINE KICKS ASSSSSSSS

I loved that car for years and it only got better with the R34....it is the sweetest car and RB26ETT is considered one of the best motors ever MADE.
Old 01-27-2002, 05:54 AM   #71
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Yes you can get 1,000hp out of a skyline, but after seeing videos of them racing in Japan there is no way its even close to being street drivable. They end up with so much torque and power over such a small power band they either bog off the line and go no where, or they run the entire 1/4 with all 4 tyres smoking. It is Impressive to watch of course.

Getting 1,000hp from an LS6 is much easier, and if worked to the same limit as the 1,000hp skyline's are you would be looking at getting over 2,000hp. Not street drivable of course.

But then your really comparing appels with oranges, a skyline will provide quite a differnt driving experiance to a Corvette, just like a Civic will provide a differnt driving experiance to a Comaro.

There are differnt cultures behind the designs of differnt cars, and they are often aimed at differnt market segments.
To me what makes a car great is not how much hp it has, or what its max lateral G's are, but how it feels when you drive it, how responsive the chassis is, how well the engine torque curve is matched with the gear ratios etc etc. All things that are often a matter of personal taste.

Old 01-27-2002, 01:11 PM   #72
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Well the point I was making is, there is plenty of 1k HP Skylines in Japan.....I have never seen more then 2 or 3 1k + hp american cars.....and the reliability on them is awful to begin with. Once a Z06 has some miles on it, they start breakin down.
Old 01-27-2002, 03:30 PM   #73
F20C
AF Enthusiast

JBL85 do you know 1000+hp Skyline are built mostly for Dyno Machine only? They look good on paper but in real life they are hell to drive with.
Old 01-27-2002, 04:08 PM   #74
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Why the hell does everyone have to argue over this pointless shit. Now if you picked 2 exact cars, and compared them it would have a purpose, but this is way too open and general. No one can ever win, b/c domestics are better than imports sometimes, and imports are better than domestics sometimes. The more your argue the dumber you seem, b/c most of us have realized there will never be a winner in the debate, and you will change no one's opinion. It gets worse as you compare the highly modified, usually not street legal, cars that are a dime a dozen (the 1000+hp cars). It is so pointless, and i'm afriad you will never realize that. What is wrong, are you not able to accept that each side has its virtues, and pitfalls? How about we just stop argueing over this pointless crap?

Now if you want to compare a '71 chevelle SS against a stock supra TT, and the goal to figure out which is better on the street course (not dragging, not which has more hp or turque, or weighs less, or looks better, or whatever) then it may make sense to debate about, but even then people are going to like one car more than the other no matter which performs better, but at least you can try to narrow it down to just performance...*sigh*
Old 01-27-2002, 05:01 PM   #75
JBL85
AF Fanatic

CY this is car comparisons, thats why, we go off tangent and argue pointless points of why this is better and blah blah blah blah =)