Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Graphic Manipulation
Graphic Manipulation Post and discuss different automotive art works- photoshopped, 3d graphics, and hand-drawn.
View Poll Results: Rank this car
#1 Car ever 0 0%
Top 3 0 0%
Top 5 0 0%
Top 10 0 0%
Top 25 0 0%
Top 50 0 0%
Top100 0 0%
Top 250 0 0%
Top 500 0 0%
Below top 500 1 1.23%
I like the Inferno design best http://phantom.ssip.net/Inferno/ 0 0%
I like the Predator design better http://phantom.ssip.net/Predator/ 0 0%
I like the Assault design better http://phantom.ssip.net/Assault/ 0 0%
I like the Panther design better http://phantom.ssip.net/Panther/ 0 0%
I'm a total idiot and don't like any of them. http://IAmATotalMoron.InneedAbrainSuergon.com/ 1 1.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 08:37 PM   #46
numbware
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to numbware Send a message via MSN to numbware
i feel complaining about complaining wastes space too
Old 07-01-2003, 01:00 AM   #47
PhantomDesign
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to PhantomDesign Send a message via MSN to PhantomDesign
Hey spagetti!!!! Would you say something new and constructive? All I see is a repetative list of obvious and disguised insuts. You came over here just to annoy the hell out of me, you are completly pathetic. Get a life!

Considering you're one of those "phantom is doomed to failure morons", answer this one question: Why is my portfolio is (currently) #1 ranked on www.cardesignnews.com?

www.GryphonAuto.com
PhantomDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 10:25 AM   #48
spaghetti
AF Newbie

I didn't come here to trade insults- I'm sorry if you misconstrued these comments as a personal attack, but the personal attacks were started by yourself.....

You made a quote about wanting to know where and how you wanted to improve and that's exactly what I did.
People who are familiar with the workings of art and design schools will be used to these kinds of critiques. In fact, that's exactly what they are called- a critique. If you can't handle one constructive criticism from ONE person who's actually trying to push you in the right direction, then there's no hope for you. Everybody has to put up with this kind of feedback all the time- from school, to University, right to the design studio. Whether the feedback is good or bad, it ALWAYS counts.
And voted number one at CDN?? This is after you stated that everybody there was immature and jealous of you..?? You're having a laugh- and by the way, your own votes do not count....
How can you even insinuate that your work is greater than hundreds of other pieces that I see at CDN???? I looked at your portfolio there and I don't see it marked as the editors choice.....
Actually for your information, it's very uncouth to ever rate own work at all, let alone above others, but you wouldn't know anything about that...

And for your information, if you'd bothered to read my posts properly you'll know that every post I've submitted is indeed actually of different content and is construtive. What have you submitted? I see at least three different threads where you've submitted the same old supercar derivative where you ask for other users to inflate your ego. So anyone who takes a complete dislike to any of them is "ATotalMoron.InneedAbrainSuergon"- how stupid. At least learn to spell properly if you're making a half-hearted attempt at sarcasm.
You still haven't given a single answer to any of my comments- all you do is deflect them by saying I'm insulting you and putting you down. In fact, it's you that is the one that is repeating one's self. Same car, same reply to anyone who doesn't think your design is the best thing ever.

So here it is- once and for all. If you've chosen to "ignore" me again, then fine- hopefully some other young and aspiring would-be designer will actually absorb this information:

1. You haven't responded to questions about your background in design.
Do you have any sort of knowledge about design? I'm assuming you didn't go to art/design school, but you should at least have some awareness about design movements, like the Industrial Revolution, Bauhaus etc.

2. You still haven't answered criticism about lack of sketching.
Sketching is critical, and initial proposals need to be in sketch form. They don't have to be ultra-flash airbrush type jobs- just simple 2D visuals will usually suffice, along with some slicker coloured renderings at a later stage.
Learn to draw cars and visualise the proportions. Life drawing is a good way to learn how to develop your technique and linework.
Learn to draw cars. Start with sketches of actual cars and see if you can emulate the proportions, the surfaces/light breaks.
Learn about perspective and foreshortening.
Wheels- get some ellipse guides for the slicker visuals, but learn to draw wheels if you can. A quick sketch of a proposal will need a quick sketch of a wheel, and if you can do it without breaking out the full set of ellipse guides then you're ready to roll.
For those interested in sketching, check out Car Design News- there's renderings galore there, as well as a few useful tutorials.

3. For these cars that you've designed- where's the actual design progression? How have you come to the conclusion that the world actually needs a another supercar clone on the roads? And who's going to buy it? How are you proposing to make these things? By that, I mean construction- are you proposing a spaceframe? Or do you think you might be able to wrangle enough money from your engineers to develop a unibody construction?
What materials are you proposing to use? Aluminium? Carbon fibre? GRP? See all this comes from engineers, who depend on the bean counters, who work closely with market people who might actually know if these things could sell, and how much the consumers will actually pay for it.
Have you looked at the competition? It's all well and good designing something, but if there's something out there that's more desirable to the consumer, then what's the point?? And quite frankly for me, there are more desirable products out there.
Last but not least- legislation. You need to look into this if you're seriously wanting to design roadcars and not blue-sky pipe dreams. Search the internet, or ask at cardesignnews.com......

4. Some of the proportions on your cars need re-evaluating.
For one, the windscreen is too steep (legislation) and curved too extremely (which is far too difficult to manufacture anyway). This combination would distort the drivers view too much for any type approval.
Another, is the tumblehome. Tumblehome is angle of the greenhouse (think side windows) in comparison to the vertical when viewed from the from front. This isn't too bad, but the combined effects of this with the extreme windscreen curvature and elevation gives the vehicle very awkward look....

5. Also think about where you're putting surfaces and shutlines. For example- on some of your designs, the rear wing looks like an afterthought, and is hideously modelled with what appears to be a single surface. Think about how one surface interacts with another surface, and how panels join. Another example is that some your doors would never open properly in real life....
Think about the shutlines too- some of the shutlines are unnecessary, and you need to think about how and where they go. More panelling adds costs in terms of tooling, and construction time.
Use surfaces for adding interesting light breaks to a panel. A good light break will prevent a surface from looking too "plain" and can give a surface some visual tension as well as actual physical strength. Designers spend hours upon hours perfecting surfaces, and for most manufacturers, their surface quality and graphics is part of their visual signature. This is more so from European manufacturers.

6. For budding designers, some maths skills would be useful. This will be useful mostly at college when you need to construct accurate scale models and technical drawings.
I think Phantom stated higher levels of mathematics on CDN......

7. 3D CAD knowledge is useful, but it's not the be-all and end-all.
As CARSNCARS has stated previously, a digital model (if any at all) will usually come very late on in the development stage. Any 3D model will be based upon fixed points such as positions for the occupants, points for the windscreen/cowl, exterior dimensions etc, as well as numerous legislation requirements of which there are usually multiple countries to consider, each with their own type approval. These can be as simple as a foglamp, to minimum height for lights, to the sweep of the windscreen wiper.
When ANY model is constructed, whether it be a virtual 3D or actual scaled/full sized clay model, you always start with elevation views(front/back/side etc) of the package drawing with hardpoints/dimensions and you will usually make an proportionally accurate drawing of the design over this then use data from the drawing as reference for the basis of model. I don't know of anyone who has EVER gone straight to the model....

8. Again, could you explain what you meant by "confidentiality"....? Just as I suspected- you're talking nonsense.....

If you're so right about everything, then I challenge you to disregard my comments on this post with adequate justification.

P.S. You need to work on your English.......

Oh, as for numbware- if you haven't got anything to say, then you can stop wasting space too. I don't see you actually agreeing with Phantom, whereas Carsncars and several other people on other forums have backed me up.
Oh by the way, great work on that Beetle- you desecrated it nicely. What was the point of that??
spaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:29 AM   #49
Gunman
AF Newbie

Spaghetti is right, there are ALOT of issues that go into the design of a car, from legal, to packaging, homologation for various countries, crash reqts., etc. No single person can do it all, even a small team has trouble.

In regards to cardesignnews.com , that forum is frequented by at least 2 people that have worked, or are working on existing supercars (the Saleen S7, and Mosler MT900). I know if I was new to the industry, and looking to design such a car, I would be asking these guys for help, advice, and try to learn from them, but I have yet to see a question directed their way.

Anyway, I've learned alot from cardesignnews.com and their forums.
Gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:39 PM   #50
PhantomDesign
AF Regular

Quote:
I didn't come here to trade insults- I'm sorry if you misconstrued these comments as a personal attack, but the personal attacks were started by yourself.....
Misconstrued? The reason I ignored you should be quite obvious. Lets revisit my favorite moments….

First post….
Quote:
It's the amateurs and the kids with copies of 3DStudioMax that brings down the forums of sites like cardesignnews and conceptcar....
..and another favorite moment…
Quote:
I can't believe you're still spinning this "design" BS- you clearly have no knowledge of design whatsoever
..well, lets move onto a misconception (without any proof to back up this misconception) that because I don’t describe the entire design process to a bunch of people who only care how fast the car is and how good it looks that my design is totally irrelevant…
Quote:
you don't describe any influences from any other areas of design- be it graphic design, product design, interior design, architecture,- not a bean. All you're interested is in fast cars and gimicks.
Wait, there’s more, second post:

Quote:
ancient pirate copies of 3D Studio Max
I spent hard earned $$$ thank you. What about you?

...and something are more obvious insults…
Quote:
Get a life you loser.
Oh, and I wasn't going to say this before, but your work is crap.
...and a cool quote from the fast and the delirious crowd (that cant read)…
Quote:
Have you actually taken in any of the advice that's been put to you??
…and some personal cuts…
Quote:
how can anyone even take you seriously????
And wait kids, the fun hasn’t stopped yet, time for post #3.

Quote:
Somebody tell this fool to get real.
What a sore loser- this pr*ck can't uphold his argument, and so throws his toys out the pram- what a d*ckhead. ONE single post to his thread and he's mad!! How mature of him.
…he knows I’ve held arguments before, so he likes flame wars… wait, someone is wondering why the inferno version 2.0 isn’t better than the inferno version 2.0…

Quote:
So why isn't he improving??
…and another your work totally sucks ***…
Quote:
This guy doesn't even fall into the amateur category.
..and the personal insults that “this guy is a total moron and knows nothing,” so I’ll try to cut at his reputation more, ruining his reputation everywhere I can find him. Lets get this negative propaganda wagon roiling!!!!…

Quote:
If you guys seriously want to get into car design, then check out http://www.cardesignnews.com. Do not listen to what this guy had to say!! At CarDesignNews, you will learn about the requiremens of getting into the industry, see sketching tutorials, interviews with real top designers and see a lot of innovation. If you stay here, you will never even know what car design is, but for inflating this idiots over-sized ego.

…and a little proof that he doesn’t belong on this forum, even his backup only agreed with the minor obvious facts of car design, not the insults of my design…
Quote:
Oh, as for numbware- if you haven't got anything to say, then you can stop wasting space too. I don't see you actually agreeing with Phantom, whereas Carsncars and several other people on other forums have backed me up.
Oh by the way, great work on that Beetle- you desecrated it nicely. What was the point of that??

Now since I’ve stated all of this, I only have one question. Answer it in less than 3 sentences. WHY THE HE** AM I [1] MOSTLY IGNORING YOU, [2]THINK YOU ARE FULL OF ****, AND [3]ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN INSULTS?

Maybe if you cut out the insults, you could have said your 2500 words in about 350 words. Maybe I would listen to you and reply. If you are going to be a total idiot, fine, but leave me alone. You don’t belong to this forum, and you have no context of the attitude of this forum. If you hung out on this forum for a month posting everywhere, then I’ll give you some merit. Your posts are completely inappropriate here.
I have little need to reply directly while your posts are laced with insults. Doing such starts massive flame wars. I’ve asked you to leave multiple times. I think others would agree while you display some knowledge of car design (most likely acquired from www.cardesignnews.com’s forums), coming here was not a good idea.

Would somone else tell this idiot to shut up?

P.S. Don’t assume I’m pissed. I’m really quite amused they you persist like a total idiot (personal insult). You’re annoying as ****, but that’s what is so funny.

www.GryphonAuto.com
Old 07-01-2003, 02:13 PM   #51
spaghetti
AF Newbie

I see you still haven't responded fully to my 8 points at the end of my last message then.....

I didn't once say you had a pirate copy of 3DStudio- you should read carefully you idiot. Are you telling me that starry eyed kids like 14 year old Numbware are going to go out and spend thousands on this software?? I don't think so. You acted immaturely by telling everybody to boycott http://www.cardesignnews.com just because you thought they were immature and jealous. That site is by far the best site for any person interested in the automotive design industry and you know it. I got personal because you did- you took criticism from other users and turned it into a vendetta.

So you counted my words at 2500 did you? Well 2500 words is nothing- that's not even a weekend essay for most students. And I type fast. I also type fast because I also know how to spell...
No amount of words is going to get past your egocentric self is it???

Let me quote you:

"Warning!!! Explicit Content!!!
Reasons:
1. Very very sexy car
2. Very very sexy curved body
3. Topless Photos!!!

(No, there arent any female pictures, there're only car pics)"

Well, with comments like this, you really are full of yourself aren't you??

So why don't you respond to Gunman then? He's backed me up all the way, and Carsncars too. I tried to respond to you in a positive way with those 8 bullet points on my last post- I really did hope you would at read them at least with interest as they were hard facts about the industry, and not comments based on personal opinion or conjecture.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:54 AM   #52
PhantomDesign
AF Regular

O.K. Congratulations you complete idiot. You successfully ruined one of my threads. Good job moron. You just moved up from complete idiot to the scum of society. Yes, there are personal insults, but I’m merely restating the facts.

I already pointed out that your first post was not objective, and you can't argue against that.

Seriously, you have no idea what sort of people hang out here. They're kids/teenagers/young adults, racers, car fans, car designers(not the type on www.cardesignnes.com), mechanics, etc. They like to have fun. They aren't stuffy wannabe car designers. So, I talk to them in a way they'll like. Hot sexy curved topless cars. I thought that was pretty funny considering that I somehow got my site listed as adult content on WebSense (I fixed that). I don't have a clue why you missed the obvious humor.

Why do you insist on being a pain in the ass? You’re a total idiot if you truly believe you aren’t being extremely insulting from the very first post, and barely objective. The little objective parts are merely used to pretend your insults are justified. Any 14-year-old could get that from www.cardesignnews.com forums (and they do). You're mostly wasting your time. Even if you type as fast as I do, there is little point to publicly downgrading me unless you're afraid I'll take your job.

How many times do I have to ask you to leave? I could try to get you banned, but I don't think that is necessary. If you really want a response, sort out your questions from the insults, and send me an e-mail.

www.GryphonAuto.com
Old 07-02-2003, 05:26 AM   #53
spaghetti
AF Newbie

Right, and how did I not post an objective first post??? I based those comments on YOUR responses to previous replies from other threads on other forums (all started with the same "this is my design isn't it wonderful, I'm getting someone to make it" post) and who gave objective opinions based on FACT and knowledge from being in industry, only for you to instantly dismiss them with your unbelievable pig-headedness. So much for wanting to know how you can improve..... For your information, my knowledge is based upon ACTUAL EXPERIENCE you pri*ck. If Car Design News was that thorough then at least you would have an inkling of how it all actually works you complete idiot. And you still haven't explained your supposed "number one" status over there- just like all your other over-exaggerated claims- complete garbage.
So now this forum is for people who want to have FUN now are they?? So what happened to the idea of you selling your idea to a manufacturer? Because that's where all this began.... Is your website just there for a laugh, and you don't really run a studio?? For your information, most people here ARE wannabe car designers- you included!! And just for the record, I actually think 14 year old Numbwares could probably get into a good design school with the right influence. Your announcement that everybody should boycott CDN just because you couldn't uphold your lame exasperated claims and your flawed opinions of how a vehicle should actually be designed is one thing- but to deem them "immature and jealous" is just laughable- you still haven't justified this statement, yet you keep banging on about it. I don't belong here, or there or anywhere- but when you make false claims, then why shouldn't I make a statement????? This IS a public forum isn't it????

Oh, and I sent you questions. Those 8 bullet points- read them!!!

The only person who ruined this thread is you- you with your single-minded incredible self-belief that you are never wrong. The reason this thread is ruined is because the kids have stopped coming here to massage your over-inflated ego, and the fact that you cannot reasonably respond to any criticism from anyone......
Old 07-02-2003, 07:26 AM   #54
Gunman
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by PhantomDesign
O.K. Congratulations you complete idiot. You successfully ruined one of my threads. Good job moron.
How about just ignoring what you view as personal attacks, and address the core issues in those 8 points? From personal experience, I find it more satisfying to reply to a web debate with substantiated facts, or experienced based support, rather than flames. It seems to get under peoples skin when you can let insults roll off, and "own" them with information.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:45 AM   #55
PhantomDesign
AF Regular

Fine, I’ll respond to the 8 points:
  • Do you have any sort of knowledge about design?
  • I’ve done extensive research of what others know and research into the undiscovered. There are many areas of design to have knowledge of. Be more specific.
  • …lack of sketching…
  • I sketch quite often. I just don’t feel the need to show my sketches. I focus primarily on the final product. I think it is vastly more important that I can produce than all of the detail how I got there. There are certain cases in which knowledge of certain aspects of my design process would be important, but my design process varies greatly depending on the type of “job” I’m working on. I’ll use very different design processes if I’m designing for a specific car company than if I’m making something any car company can adopt into their product line. Also, if I’m designing for a corporation, the focus is a large audience while I have very solid techniques for designing a car specifically for an individual. To limit the ways I go about my design process would restrict my creativity and capability, and the ability to grow and improvise. On a side note, most sketches I do are intended to record ideas for me, and therefore aren’t very artistic. I can do artistic sketches, but usually it’s a waste of my time if I’m not designing for a specific client I’m communicating with.
  • How have you come to the conclusion that the world actually needs a another super-car clone on the roads?
  • I wouldn’t consider it a clone. I think you should watch the video I uploaded to the internet. You’ll see that the design is more in-depth than the pictures. Perhaps one missing factor in your argument is that a super-car like exterior could easily be applied to a $25k car as it could be applied to a $200k car. If someone wants to make my inferno the next Mitsubishi Eclipse, there’d be a very cheap, extremely hot car on the road. My design is undoubtedly very hot according to the majority of [1] car fans, [2] people I meet in person, [3] and people of all sorts of varieties all over the internet. It doesn’t have to be a super-car, but I built it in a way that it could become one.
  • Have you looked at the competition?
  • Yes. Your point?
  • Some of the proportions on your cars need re-evaluating…….
  • I’m not completely sure I completely understand this critique. I got the part where the window could act as a lens, but maybe you should take one of the pictures, and draw diagrams/arrows on-top of it in some paint program.
  • Another example is that some your doors would never open properly in real life....
  • I checked all my designs, and the predator, assault, and inferno doors can open properly without intersecting the rest of the vehicle. I’ll have to take another look at the panther. About the inferno movie, I forgot to make the mirrors rotate upwards, but after something like 40 hours of rendering a clip, it wasn’t worth my time to remake that clip.
  • Designers spend hours upon hours perfecting surfaces…
  • I spent at least 2 hours on every 4-spline area; often much much longer than that.
  • For budding designers, some math skills would be useful.
  • I doubt there are many (if any) artistic designers that have higher mathematical skills than I do. I slept through my Mathematics Bachelors of Science. I don’t think this will be a problem AT ALL.
  • 3D CAD knowledge is useful…
  • I guess I already have that….
  • Any 3D model will be based upon fixed points such as positions for the occupants…(continued)
  • I give as much consideration of that as much as possible. If a client had any sort of dimensions (for example a Chevrolet Camaro mod where I couldn’t replace the windshield), I could easily build exactly around those dimensions. I’d first build the substructure, then stylize over that sub structure. If I have a substructure to work with, then I build over that. If I don’t, I try to approximate one in my head and use that. One example dimensions in the inferno is I used the dimensions from a real sports seat, and then tried to make enough leg room for someone 6’6”. I already know how this works, so if there is something specific that I missed feel free to point it out.
  • Again, could you explain what you meant by "confidentiality"....?
  • Yeah there’s this multibillion-dollar corporation that is paying me 2.8 million dollars to design your momma. I’m obviously joking, but what would be confidential if I told you? I guess I shouldn’t have mentioned it in the first place.
  • You need to work on your English
  • I usually don’t take too much time worrying about spelling and grammar, and sometimes use obvious non-grammatically correct language on purpose on more informal forums, cuzz that’s the way it is

I really don’t see the point of replying to most of that because it is general knowledge, and the questions are mostly rhetorical. If you want me to answer any more of your questions, you may consider dropping your insults. To me that list of eight looked like a ploy to validities yourself so you could continue your insults. Just like disposed villain on cardesignnews.

www.GryphonAuto.com
Old 07-02-2003, 11:19 AM   #56
Gunman
AF Newbie

I'm curious, and excuse me if this is too far off topic, but do you have actual clients? No need to name names, confidentiality is understood, I'm just curious if you already have clients, or if your intent with these designs is attract clients (similar to how B. Engineering went about it, but without producing a physical part). If you have clients in the auto industry, are they large corps., or small niche manufacturers?

On a side note, the headlights look low on the car in the video. Scale is hard to judge, but they look like they are under the legal limit. No biggie for concepts, but could be a downstream pain in the arse.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:52 AM   #57
carsncars
AF Newbie

Your designs are attractive at first, but they're nothing new.. They attract attention because the look good, but not in their own way- it's the generic supercar.. Just try something new- your 'different' designs look like the same car morphed over.

Just a point- try something new, that isn't already out there or done before! Maybe throw in some sharp edges (where they'd look good, of course) for contrast.

BTW- from a non-design point of view- your cars look nice.. That probably explains the #1 rated portfo., people that are new to CDN or just browsing (which like 2/3rds are).
Old 07-02-2003, 12:33 PM   #58
SupaStealth TT
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to SupaStealth TT
I'm sorry i would have to agree with carsncars, but the designs you have for you cars are kinda un-origional, unless you have some serious breakthroughs in the chassis or drivetrain underneeth the skins, then i would take all that back. But i still appreciate the time and effort that you put into them. Good Luck
Old 07-02-2003, 01:15 PM   #59
spaghetti
AF Newbie

Well there you go- you've explained everything to me now. You must be a real designer then- don't forget your black polo neck and rimless spectacles- you wouldn't be a proper designer without those.....

So you've looked at a few websites and that gives you complete authority to dictate your opinion over anyone else's? There are techniques for working in a design environment, automotive epecially, that you're not just going to pick up on the internet.
And yes, I've seen your sketching thanks- let's leave it at that.....

[IMG]ftp://pcdan.myftp.org/reefer/New Folder/phantom.jpg[/IMG]

No use replying to my posts in your personal brand of nonchalance- yes you do 3D, yes maths, etc etc- it's quite obvious that you're still adamant you know it all. Fine. If you looked properly again, it was also aimed at other people that might take an interest in the industry as a future career move- in all fairness, you did tell me you were ignoring me...
If you really do think you can put a car on the road, then fine- just let me know when you do and I'll eat my own d*ck. But a Mitsubishi Eclipse?? Are you serious? I was about to give you the benefit of hindsight, but you really take the cake... Because designing a mid-size coupe or the best ever supercar is oh-so-easy for you isn't it??? You're saying that you can design this car, then CHOOSE whether to build it as a mid-engined supercar which sell in low numbers and usually made by hand, or a mass-marketed front-engined coupe based on mechanicals from a mid-sized family saloon??? I've never seen a Mitsubishi Eclipse constructed from...er, what was it again? Well, it's gotta be some sort of composite, as some of the panels in your car are nigh on impossible to press from steel..... And the doors are still dodgy... But hey- you're right of course...

You say:
Quote:
My design is undoubtedly very hot according to the majority of [1] car fans, [2] people I meet in person, [3] and people of all sorts of varieties all over the internet. It doesn’t have to be a super-car, but I built it in a way that it could become one.
My God! There you go again! You're just so full of yourself! Which car fans are these?? Your friends who say "yeah" because they don't know any better or don't want to offend you? Or your cult following of impressionable schoolboy leet-speaking non-"noobies" who pat your back fervously whenever you reveal the next big thing???
And how exactly is your car "hot"?? Is it "hot" because you've managed to STEAL various design features from other cars then merge them together in a completely tasteless and hideous fashion????

So you spend at least two hours refining your surfaces?? Wow. I wished Mercedes-Benz could get it right in so easily- it'd cost less to develop cars and I could finally afford that SL......

And so you've "designed" your car to facilitate occupants of at least 6'6"?? Maybe so, but they'd have a hard time getting in and out....
This is known as ingress/egress, but I suppose you knew that already didn't you....??
A Chevy Camaro is a completely different car- I doubt you've even considered the prospect of wheelarch intrusion especially as the wheels are considerably larger, and your occupants sit much lower with legs extended....I see there's also little room for struts, so you must be using wishbones (a-la supercar of course)- even more intrusion....
i doubt you'd pull that one off for a supercar, let alone a Mitsubishi Eclipse.....

And which exactly of my comments are general knowledge?? Just stop talking crap. And I stopped insulting you ages ago- stop hiding behind this excuse to avoid actually giving a reasonable response.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:30 AM   #60
PhantomDesign
AF Regular

Sketch: That’s a personal sketch, not a display sketch. I agree that skecth is crap from an artist view, but that sketch is not intended to be art itself, but a basis for another work of art. Read what I wrote earlier, and you'd realise I already adressed this, especailly if you read cardesignnews forums.

Mitsubishi Eclipse comment: I could easily port the styling to a similar construction. Chances are the door would be less exotic.

Full of my self?: Does it really matter if I’m full of myself. I gave up arguing this issue long ago. I replied once to you about this, and that is enough.

Reasonable Responses: You haven’t completely cut the insults yet.

Seriously, I think our communication would be much better off if you e-mailed me. I’m much more willing to reply to every tiny question you might have. phantomcars@hotmail.com All you’ve achieved here was destroying my thread.

www.GryphonAuto.com