Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
MaximumBandit
AF Newbie

USED Nissan-350Z or NEW Mazda MX-5 Miata

I just got a new job which is paying me well enough to be able to afford a new... or NEWER car. I had my heart set on a Nissan 350Z but decided a new one was way to expensive. I'd like to spend AROUND $20,000 on a car.

I'm considering either a used, 2005 Nissan-350Z with about 40,000 miles on it - or a new Mazda MX-5 Miata. I don't know enough about cars to know how to compare the two... so I'm hoping you guys can give me some wisdom.

Thanks in advance. Include as many fancy car terms as you want... I'll look them up and be pleased to learn new things tomorrow.

Peace guys!
MaximumBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
akboss
AF Regular

Re: USED Nissan-350Z or NEW Mazda MX-5 Miata

Get an MX-5.

Mazda has an amazing history with the MX-5, and as long as you're man enough to handle a few people saying 'dude, that's a chick car', then you're going to have the most fun legally allowed on four wheels. The resale is one of the best out there - look up an early 90's model in good shape, you won't find one in good shape for under $5K. They're cheap to own and fun to drive, only drawbacks could be 1) cozy interior, not much room for 'stuff'. 2) soft-top convertible, depends on your preference and where you live. 3) Stupid people call it a chick car. It isn't. They have flocked to the VWs, Cute 'Utes, and Mustang convertibles.

Don't take my word for it, check out Motor Trend, where they found it was more fun than a brand-new 370Z, a Shelby GT500, and even a ZR1.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...x_5_miata.html
akboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

350Z is fun, Miata is funner. I'd suggest used car either way, due to the resale. Both are pretty good cars.

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
Neilsweaky
AF Newbie

get the miata if you want to be the biggest fag in your town
Neilsweaky is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
350z , mazda , mx-5 , nissan