Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 05:44 AM   #1
96wWindstar180K
AF Regular

94 Camry blew 100 amp Fuse jump Starting

Hope someone can help. My daughter left work and came out in the sub zero temps and the battery was dead. Not sure how old the battery is. Car worked fine in the morning. I thought she may have left something on in side. I was going to go oout and jump start but the mall people tried to jump start it and it wouldnt do anything no lights on dash interior etc. I checked the 100Amp main fuse on the driver side fender and found it blown. Repplaced the fuse. Replaced the battery. I now have all lights car turns over but doesnt appear to fire.

I believe the mall people tried jump starting it backwards and blew the 100amp fuse. Is there a fuse or relay that works the ignition?

Just some ideas so I can check when I go back. Its -6 below zero.
Thanks
96wWindstar180K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #2
Mike Gerber
AF -Advisor

Re: 94 Camry blew 100 amp Fuse jump Starting

Well, it's warmed up to a balmy 19 out now so it's a bit easier to work out there. It's hard to say what other fuses may have blown. I recommend you go back with a 12 volt test light or a digital volt/ohmmeter and check all the fuses. There are 2 main fuse boxes on your car. One is behind the coin tray to the left of the steering wheel. Remove the coin tray and you will have access to it. The other is under the hood along the driver's side fender. It has a black plastic cover over it. That's the one you probably were aware of since you replaced the alternator fuse.

Good luck and stay warm.

Mike
Mike Gerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:04 AM   #3
96wWindstar180K
AF Regular

Thanks Mike went back yesterday morning at about 7:00 am it was like 4 above zero. I could see well though and looked in the same box and found a fuse for EFI blown. (By the way if you turn over the cover there is a legend of what each fuse is for. For those people like me that didnt know.) I didnt have any fuses of course and had to find a place open at 7:00am. Home Depot. Put it in and it started right up.

Hope this helps someone else.
The Following User Says Thank You to 96wWindstar180K For This Useful Post:
Brian R. (01-30-2014)
Old 01-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #4
Mike Gerber
AF -Advisor

Glad it was something simple and you got the car going again. Most fuse boxes have some type of legend on the back side of whatever cover is there. The one behind the coin tray should have one on the coin tray itself.

Thanks for posting the solution.

Mike
Mike Gerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #5
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96wWindstar180K View Post
Thanks Mike went back yesterday morning at about 7:00 am it was like 4 above zero. I could see well though and looked in the same box and found a fuse for EFI blown. (By the way if you turn over the cover there is a legend of what each fuse is for. For those people like me that didnt know.) I didnt have any fuses of course and had to find a place open at 7:00am. Home Depot. Put it in and it started right up.

Hope this helps someone else.
Thanks for the information. Some people buy extra fuses of the ratings used in their vehicles and tape them to the inside of a fuse box.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
96wWindstar180K
AF Regular

Thanks Brian, Good idea. Its my daughters car normally Ihave an assortment in the glove compartment. I havnt got around to it yet in her car.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista