Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 09:46 PM   #1
swedish
AF Regular

Question How Long?

Hey, i know I'm gonna get alot of "google, dumbass" for this, but i already tried that. Anyway, I might be coming into a well paying job soon (especially for someone still living with their parents), and I was just kind of day dreaming. As much as i enjoy horsepower (read torque), corners are fun too. i was wondering, roughly how much time (hours) would it take to pull the body off, engine out, ect, basically disassemble the car, and put it back together (with some new parts and clean up the old ones). I idealy want to go with 4-way discs, negative roll kit, swaybars, springs, shocks, control arms, bushings, and all the other little stuff that involves handling. Sorry i got off track, but how long would that take.

Learn to swim."
swedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 01:46 AM   #2
Kevin
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
depends really.
There is no set time for restoring a car. You have to put into count the time it takes to get your new parts in, the time it will take to clean the parts. the time it takes to adjust new/old things that you took off or putting on. I cleaned and painted my steering box from my goat, that took aprox. 3 hours. You will find that once you start tearing apart the car, you will want to replace this, and that. You wont be able to go and tear it apart with only thinking your going to replace this. that wont and never will happen. How much time will you have? Do you plan on working on it every night? every weekend? Its really hard to guess, even an est. its "unkown". If you going to put new bushings in your a-arms, those will have to be pressed in, either buy the press kit and do it yourself, or take it to a shop, there is time there, it all adds up. I think that if you have the money at hand and I recomend in using a credit card for orders as many places charge a shipping fee to use either UPS or Fedex. and the time, and no major suprises, sholdnt take more than a year depends again, on how far you want to take it.
MSD Ignition, MSD Pro Billet, MSD Blaster, Edlebrock Carb, Edlebrock Manifold, J&R Headers, Crane Cam, Flowmaster Exhaust, Hurst Dual Gate Shifter, and much more!
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote