Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > RX300/RX330/Harrier
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #1
farmerfelts
AF Newbie

RX300 Steering Wheel Squeak

Hi, new to the RX300 forum and have a question. I have a 99 RX300 that has a squeak in the steering wheel especially in colder weather. I used to valet park cars and noticed other RX300s had this same problem. The dealer suggested spraying WD 40 where ever I could but of course, that didn't work. Anybody else experience this? Anybody found a solution?

Thanks
farmerfelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
bfeiock
AF Newbie

Re: RX300 Steering Wheel Squeak

[quote=farmerfelts;4406316]Hi, new to the RX300 forum and have a question. I have a 99 RX300 that has a squeak in the steering wheel especially in colder weather. I used to valet park cars and noticed other RX300s had this same problem. The dealer suggested spraying WD 40 where ever I could but of course, that didn't work. Anybody else experience this? Anybody found a solution?

Thanks

I had one also for several years. I used to think it was coming from the steering wheel itself until I crouched down and heard it was coming from the point where the steering wheel shaft enters a rubber housing going into the floor board. With the car on, I sprayed WD-40 at that location while moving the steering wheel back and forth. It hasn't made a noise for over 3 months now.
bfeiock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
farmerfelts
AF Newbie

Thanks bfeiock, will sure investigate that possibility, Lord knows I've tried everything else I could think of. I"ll give it a shot next time I try my next brainstorm fix on that pesky drooping sun visor.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
farmerfelts
AF Newbie

Hey bfeiock, finally tried that WD-40 thing at the base of the steering column where it u-joints and just as you predicted, it doesn't squeak anymore. Thanks a million.

Last edited by farmerfelts; 06-29-2009 at 03:05 AM.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > RX300/RX330/Harrier