Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 02:18 AM   #1
GiNO805
AF Regular

Question g20 year info please

okay...i've decide to get a g20(if everythign goes as plan) now...question...can peeps tell me whats better between the models..whats different...i'm lookign at 99 and up so is there big defferences between a 99t vs a 2002t(if theres nay) i need some help..now doe they come in stick ..if so whats ur feed back vs the cruising auto??hehee i'm going mroe for show and some speed but not to much:0P ight htanks guys...and i do plan on gettign rims to :0) not chrome.buybyes
GiNO805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 02:52 AM   #2
DAT240Z_MAN
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to DAT240Z_MAN Send a message via AIM to DAT240Z_MAN Send a message via Yahoo to DAT240Z_MAN
get manual!!

My bro owns a 93 G20, and its an auto. Pretty guttless too. He always regrets not getting the stick. The new G20 are pretty much the same power. Very good choice in cars though. His has been so reliable, and fun to drive. He also put 17' SLR Spider wheels on it. Looks awesome!!
DAT240Z_MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 09:11 AM   #3
kenchan
AF Enthusiast

i have an AT 2001 model. its good for commuting in tight traffic and showing off around my buddies. it has enough power to roam around town and seek good looking girls (oops, me married ) . the AT is somewhat sloppy compared to other AT's I've driven, but it's decent enough to carry me and the wife around town without any regrets. for a fun car though, you should get a MT for sure. this is just my commuter.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 10:02 AM   #4
redvalkrie
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to redvalkrie
Thumbs up Get A M/T 4 sure!

:o I would say this is they way to go I bought an A/T for my wife & just can't wait to get an M/T 4 my self have to wait 3 more years till the lease on My pathfinder is up! Stupid stupid stupid!

1988 CRX Si
2001 CBR 600F4i Silver & black FAST!
2004 Toyota Tundra (TRD)
2002 dodge grand caravan.
redvalkrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 01:26 PM   #5
dre
AF Enthusiast

99-02 are basically the same, some minor changes that if you don't want to mod too much, than you probably won't care...
though, the 2002 did get some styling changes for interior.
Such as the white (well silvery white) gauges, and the door sills are aluminum. The seats are different too. (I like the full leather ones from 01 best)

Didn't the redline change a little bit between 99 through 02?
And, I thought the hp numbers Infiniti put out might have changed...slightly changed.

Oh, and Yeah..Get a standard transmission.
dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 06:42 PM   #6
GiNO805
AF Regular

well i test drived a 99 g20t today(auto) it picks up quick but not fast:0P hehe..but very clean...id otn know if i shoudl get it..its a light brown sand color....now si the interior differnet form a 99 g20t vs 2000 g20t?? they will be getting in a 200 white next week( color more my flavor) now.... i was wondering here the price for a 99 g20t....17,950(if i rmemeber thats what htey where gonna sell it to me for) but it had 33,000 miles on it and a lil crazy in the fornt left bumper...is it worth it?? interior was veryyyy celan so no problem there:0).well i'll problme wait for hte white one since its more of my color but its more..so is this 99 a good deal like he tells me??thanks
GiNO805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 11:19 AM   #7
WRAITH
AF Regular

Quote:
well i test drived a 99 g20t today(auto) it picks up quick but not fast:0P hehe..but very clean...id otn know if i shoudl get it..its a light brown sand color....now si the interior differnet form a 99 g20t vs 2000 g20t?? they will be getting in a 200 white next week( color more my flavor) now.... i was wondering here the price for a 99 g20t....17,950(if i rmemeber thats what htey where gonna sell it to me for) but it had 33,000 miles on it and a lil crazy in the fornt left bumper...is it worth it?? interior was veryyyy celan so no problem there:0).well i'll problme wait for hte white one since its more of my color but its more..so is this 99 a good deal like he tells me??thanks
I can't you any difference on the interior issue. But I can tell you NOT to get that '99T G20 auto! First, auto cars do not get rev that much in their lives. So, the engines tend to die sooner because of sludge built up. This was discussed lengthly in the SE-R list. Second, '00 G20T uses a new roller rocker valve engine. It makes 5 additional hp and 4lbs-ft of troque. And please get a 5 speed G20T. The heavy P11 will need all the help in accelerating to speed. Last, brown color isn't that cool in the eyes of chicks.
WRAITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 11:45 AM   #8
esanmiguel
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to esanmiguel
Re: g20 year info please

Quote:
Originally posted by GiNO805
okay...i've decide to get a g20(if everythign goes as plan) now...question...can peeps tell me whats better between the models..whats different...i'm lookign at 99 and up so is there big defferences between a 99t vs a 2002t(if theres nay) i need some help..now doe they come in stick ..if so whats ur feed back vs the cruising auto??hehee i'm going mroe for show and some speed but not to much:0P ight htanks guys...and i do plan on gettign rims to :0) not chrome.buybyes
I am also getting a 2000 or 2001 G20 this week. It may be brown or Titanium. Must be AT ..booo! :finger:
esanmiguel is offline   Reply With Quote