Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Tracker
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 10:09 PM   #16
bigdaddyp
AF Newbie

Hope this helps I just pulled the engine out of my 96 to replace all the oil seals and at the same time I fixed this problem with mine. It also had the check engine light on with the EGR flow malfunction P400. I took off the upper intake where the throttle body connects and You would not believe the carbon on the back side of this it looks so clean on the front side and on the inside at the back where that small pipe goes from the intake to the EGR was stopped up with carbon. I took carb cleaner and cleaned out all of the metal lines that vac goes through from the intake and that tube to the egr and I took the egr off and cleaned out behind it also. Put over 200 miles on it this week and it is perfect now with no ac on. I got my info from this page http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/feb2005/techtips.cfm

It didn't make much sense till I got into it but this man knows what he's doing. I'm sure this can be done with the motor in but I had to replace the seals so with it out it made it so much eaiser. I think this will help I had the same problem. Well worth the trouble.
bigdaddyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:48 PM   #17
Evenkeel
AF Newbie

Re: Wont idle

Tri taking out and cleaning the egr valve. Most importantly, in the intake manifold, the passage that connects with the front hole of the egr valve (vacuum port) has a tendency to accumulate carbon, especially in cold weather, effectively blocking the egr vacuum port, which renders the EGR valve unoperative. Try inserting a small screwdriver in there and if you find a carbon blockage, scrape it out. This should get your egr valve working again and your motor will run normally. Hope my cent works
Evenkeel is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Tracker