Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > SC300/SC400/SC430/Soarer
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 07:13 PM   #1
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
turbo kits for sc300

ok im new hear to the sc300 forum so please be gental on me, i want to start a new project turboing a sc300, basically get a 5sp sc300 and install the f-max turbo kit, it comes with everythings (supposdly) to do the swap,

my quesion is does it realy come with everytihng or do i have to look into fmu, can i use a safc for now to tune or do i need stand alone? afc is way cheaper, and later i will get standalone, as for starting off i only want a modest 300whp and 7-8psi of boost, untill i start to look into fmu and ignition timings, and internals(greddy 2mm head gasket 8.5:1 comp)
is it possible to buy this kit and jsut "bolt it on" and have the car run? or will i need fmu? i know it has to be tuned, heres the link for the kit

http://www.turbo-kits.com/SC300_turbo_kits.html
thanks

also can i get this kit to work on a sc300, its designed for the is300 but its more complete, or will i have clearence issues with the turbo?

http://www.turbo-kits.com/IS300_turbo_kits.html

Shift_BOOST
97 s14
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:22 AM   #2
Yaggus
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Yaggus Send a message via MSN to Yaggus
well i dont know much about turboing the N/a 2jz. but in Australia they come stock with the 1jz motor. you might want to consider an engine swap to one of these or just swap in a 2jz from a supra. its the same engine as whats in there atm but just turbo. ask about the NA 2jz in the supra forum. thye would know more about it than i do.
TT Mitsu GTO ------| Apexi AVCR, Dual 2 1/2" Exhaust, T3/T4 turbo, BOV
--------------------| Lowered King springs, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Whiteline swaybars, Cusco Strutbraces
--------------------| 17" Advanti Rims, Kenwood Stereo, 94+ Tailights

K3:i have had this itch... the itch to bang a somewhat chunky girl... like i want it to jiggle a little
Yaggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:43 PM   #3
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

Re: turbo kits for sc300

thanks i posted there but no response, as for the 1jz swap, its alot more $ and headach.. i think the total cost of install and wiring and tuning was around 10k, that a little too steep for me, damm you australian's and your jdm approved cars lol..

Shift_BOOST
97 s14
Old 12-28-2004, 01:47 AM   #4
Yaggus
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Yaggus Send a message via MSN to Yaggus
hahahaha 10 grand US???

you can buy a twin turbo Soarer for under that here
TT Mitsu GTO ------| Apexi AVCR, Dual 2 1/2" Exhaust, T3/T4 turbo, BOV
--------------------| Lowered King springs, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Whiteline swaybars, Cusco Strutbraces
--------------------| 17" Advanti Rims, Kenwood Stereo, 94+ Tailights

K3:i have had this itch... the itch to bang a somewhat chunky girl... like i want it to jiggle a little
Yaggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 04:56 PM   #5
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

damm i need to move out of the us, you guys get everythings, turbo soarer, aristos, supras, skylines, silvias' ect, we get all the crappy low end underpowered cars.. man it sucks

Shift_BOOST
97 s14
Old 07-12-2005, 02:33 AM   #6
yoshimitsu9
AF Newbie

u get all the huge muscle cars and SUVs in the US, i dun think u can get an escalade here in aus unless u import it. could u pm me rough prices of cars in the US, just the typical jap cars plz
yoshimitsu9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:48 PM   #7
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 04:47 AM   #8
KahnBB6
AF Newbie

yoshimitsu9,

Yes, we have old muscle cars and some new ones just being offered. We also have all those big SUVs.

-- older muscle cars are still... well... old... and dangerous... and gas hogs... oh yes and fast, too. Unless you have $30k+++ to throw at one of those old things, you'll have to deal with everything that comes with age.

-- new muscle cars are still gas hogs and aren't exactly agile. They all cost $30k and up when equipped with the engines they are intended to be optioned with.

--SUVs are so prevalant in this country they have practically taken over the roads. They are not often subject to gas guzzler taxes and actually are less accountable to emissions and fuel economy standards that everything from a Toyota Corrolla to a Porsche are subject to. People used to burn less gas on average before these things became so popular to buy.

--I'll admit there are a few options for the car enthusiast. Let me emphasize the word "few". I visited Japan recently and I simply marveled at how many choices in transportation exist there, and not just in the "boy racer" class of car like the Evo or Silvia. I saw station wagons, Kei cars, saloons, coupes of all kinds. Some were sporty and some were just nice to look at. I did notice that you could option a turbo or AWD on plenty of vehicles in all classes there. I also noticed a lot of Nissan and Toyota RWD sedans with factory turbo motors. Some of those sedans were at least as old as 1995MY.

Now I would love to car shop here in the U.S. for an older factory original sedan or coupe that has some performance lineage, good handling, a manual transmission option, and a turbo engine WITHOUT having to type Toyota Supra Turbo or Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo or Mazda RX-7 in the search plane.

I don't understand why this country never appreciated the very good imports that were sold to us unless they were German or Italian.

Our highways and most of our road systems are straight, rigid and full of stoplights. Maybe this has killed any need for cars that handle well.

Our gas is cheap (but getting more expensive) and we really have no tax on engine size to limit the huge V8's in our Caddy Escalades, Hummer H2's or even our own version of the sportscar.

U.S. car manufacturers never bothered to build a vehicle like the Silvia Turbo because for the same money that goes into making an inexpensive sportscar with a turbo engine that doesn't exceed two liters, you can sell a Mustang with an unregulated 4.6 liter V8 that weighs more and is less agile. Unless you are into imports and know how to build one, the Mustang V8 is America's Silvia, meant to go fast in one direction. I love old muscle and I used to own a 1969 Mustang but I prefer the Japanese Silvia turbos and I'd love to be able to buy one here without the hassle of illegally modifying my car's engine.

I rant. I rant. Really, economy dicates what people demand they be able to buy, however, we really don't get what the rest of the world does in terms of average joe performance cars. The Subaru WRX is a step in the right direction, but if anything good comes over, it's usually priced and marketed at premium buyers.
KahnBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > SC300/SC400/SC430/Soarer