Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > SC300/SC400/SC430/Soarer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 04:10 AM   #1
johnny
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to johnny Send a message via AIM to johnny
Question Sc300

Okay, I've been thinking of picking a used model SC300 for myself. I need to know the availability of the 5-Speed version of it. How long did they make them for, and what are the stats on 'em? I hear that some can go for as low as $10K. This is really enticing me, but I just don't have enough information. Can anybody help me out here?
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 05:21 AM   #2
johnny
AF Enthusiast

egad, no help yet?
Old 11-05-2001, 09:00 PM   #3
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Jonny, how close to Lake Forrest do you live, there is a nice little rice shop there that might be able to help you!
JBL85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 01:50 AM   #4
johnny
AF Enthusiast

lemme check... I'll get back to ya asap
Old 11-12-2001, 08:53 PM   #5
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i didn't even know the SC300 got a 5 spd
i thought they only came in auto

it's not a bad car though, i'd spend a little extra cash and get the faster SC400 you could probably get that pretty cheap too
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 11:18 PM   #6
EVL R33
AF Newbie

SC300 / 400

How ya doing..

The SC300 is the Twin Turbo 2.5ltr and the SC400 is the 4.0ltr V8 in Australia and Japan, I guess it's the same over there is the US. The 300 is around a second quicker than the 400 in auto form, and even quicker if you can get the rare manual. Power is around 260hp for the 400 and 276hp for the 300.

Personally I'd go the 300 but the V8 is easier to source parts for as it comes in a few other Lexus models. And there is always Supercharging and NOS for you guys to play with....

I'm out......

EVL
Old 11-12-2001, 11:23 PM   #7
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Re: SC300 / 400

Welcome to AF!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by EVL R33
Personally I'd go the 300 but the V8 is easier to source parts for as it comes in a few other Lexus models. And there is always Supercharging and NOS for you guys to play with....
I think the 300 has the N/A Supra engine, on the other hand... Perhaps a turbo swap could be handy...
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 11:42 PM   #8
EVL R33
AF Newbie

N/A???

HI Jay,

Thanks dude,

Our normal website forum is down so we are all here for a while. (we are all Skyline owners)

So you guys don't get the Twin Turbo SC300 over there??? That's a shame because they are quick!!!!!

What is the SC430?? we don't get that one over here...

EVL
Old 11-12-2001, 11:44 PM   #9
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Re: N/A???

Our SC300 was naturally aspirated. :cry: We don't get anything good!
Quote:
What is the SC430?? we don't get that one over here...
Look up the Japanese Toyota Soarer. It's a hardtop convertible. There's some pics in the other threads. It has the same "430" engine as the GS430.
Old 11-13-2001, 03:27 PM   #10
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Re: SC300 / 400

Quote:
How ya doing..

The SC300 is the Twin Turbo 2.5ltr and the SC400 is the 4.0ltr V8 in Australia and Japan, I guess it's the same over there is the US. The 300 is around a second quicker than the 400 in auto form, and even quicker if you can get the rare manual. Power is around 260hp for the 400 and 276hp for the 300.

I'm out......
EVL
why would the cheaper model be faster?? it's not like that here, we got the N/A

the SC430 is the picture i posted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sc430.jpg (49.2 KB, 1358 views)
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 06:45 PM   #11
SportSC4
AF Enthusiast

The 5-speed SC300 was available from 1992-1997. The body went under a slight update in 1997. The 1992 has 5 more hp than the 93 and above. I believe only about 10% of the SC300's are 5-speed. In 1997 there were only 500 5-speeds sold in the US!

The SC300 is a N/A 3.0 liter Inline 6, which is also found in the N/A supra. The twin turbo 2.5 I6 never made it stateside (I know where you can get one here in the states if interested).

It's actually much easier to find parts and upgrades (and cheaper!) for the 3.0 liter. There are numerous turbo kits for the SC300.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:57 AM   #12
MatT3T4
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MatT3T4
I have a 1992 SC300 5-speed. It is a WONDERFUL car. I have 118.4k miles on it, and it runs like new.

The SC300 shares the same 2JZ-GE motor as the N/A MKIV Supra. It has 225hp @ the fly stock. The automatic transmission SC300 is less powerful than the 5-speed. The auto tranny really robs the power, up to 25%, where as the manual tranny has the standard 15% loss. I would recommend getting a 5-speed for sure.

The 2JZ-GE motor is VERY strong from the factory. I know people who have made upwards of 600hp with stock internals, only a head gasket to lower the CR. I have an intake on my car, cost me $59, and it added a nice amount of power. My SC300 should be turbocharged sometime by the end of the year maybe...The SC300 has FAR MORE tuning capabilities than the SC400 does. There is just a massive aftermarket for the 2JZ engines.

Great car.
MatT3T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 03:05 PM   #13
Leon Millette
AF Regular

but now, there is a growing aftermarket for the 1UZFE [SC400]

Area 51 is doing a s/c kit that is making some beautiful power on only a few lbs of boost....tunable up to 20psi.....at that point, of course building up the internals is required
\\
http://clublexus.com/forums/showthre...threadid=63202

Thank you,
Leon Millette
Legendary Legendz CC
President and Founder

Last edited by Leon Millette; 05-11-2003 at 09:28 PM.
Leon Millette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 03:08 PM   #14
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Wait is every trim level on the SC300 a twin turbo in every trim level? i want this car but im kind of a turbophobic. No that is not just a corny ass joke, is it really a TT?

Whoops... didn't realize this thread started in the stone age, but if anyone could happen to answer the question it would be great
Old 03-04-2003, 03:16 PM   #15
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Quote:
Originally posted by pontiactrac
Wait is every trim level on the SC300 a twin turbo in every trim level? i want this car but im kind of a turbophobic. No that is not just a corny ass joke, is it really a TT?

Whoops... didn't realize this thread started in the stone age, but if anyone could happen to answer the question it would be great
The SC300 was non-turbo in North America.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > SC300/SC400/SC430/Soarer