Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-06-2001, 09:17 AM   #16
cas8_1999
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to cas8_1999 Send a message via Yahoo to cas8_1999
Comments
umm
1. as far as to why i dont use the quote button to tell you the truth i'm using a very very very old computer that barely has javascript capabilities and this site is running off mostly javascripts if i try to post a smiley pic in my message or go to quote or other stuff it messes up and just doesnt show the page plus memory on the computer is 0% unused 100% used so u get where i'm going with this ....
2. as far as my name to tell you the truth my full real name is Bruce Casual Vxion but when i came to the u.s. i lived in NJ around newark in irvington NJ mostly black people and spanish and they didnt want to call me Bruce since i'm black they said it sounded funny so everyone got a custom to calling me cas or casual plus t pretty much matches my lifestyle.
3. about the cost of the skyline swap i read that i t was possible in one of the skylines forum to buy one of the engines for about $5000 if thats it i can hang with it in a few months and get the rest of the parts this year and do the swap next year if i could even find anyone able to do it since you sid it probably would drop right in thats a plus for my ears...
4. lets talk det from what i know det about 1500 shipped to us from luke overall swap price about 2500 including upgrades i cant remember but i dont think the det even pushed us past 200bhp u can correct me if i'm wrong i thought it brought us up to about 190 wich translates to the front wheel about 165-170 but anyway all that money just to be able to compete with an civic SI not cool we need more even with full bolt ons and ecu upgrade i think it pushes us up to about two something . to the suggestion about NOS i like the effects of NOSbut i will never add it until i'm done with any project i want to build the raw hp to the wheels then when i quezze all i can out by upgrading everything then i add NOS at maximum psi possible on the car.
i know these questions should be in engine section if you want to you can copy and paste it for me but i'm too lazy right now at work

QUESTIONS
5. -whats the weight of the skyline as oppose to the g20 ?
-would it even be possible for us to dual turbo to that det and what would be needed for the upgrade so we could have the low end turbo and high end turbo.
-what is used in the in the all wheel drive g20 to make it all wheel drive .. specific parts and would we be bale to just convert our g's to AWD?
- what is even better then the det but still affordable?(not the price of buying another car)
-Is it possible to get the det and also supercharge ? what would need to change or be nescessary for this i remember a long time ago i heard of someone in cali doing this to their mr2 but it never became a trend if it was because of money then hey looks like thats the route i'm going towards not that i have alot of money but i'm willing to do what it takes .

P.S.
1. My g is garaged right now and i'm about to get a new car not sure wich i'm going to get with my girl maybe the new q but the g out of all cars i love the body style and if i could math the engine bay with performance equaling its exterior beauty then i would be a very happy g20 hot rod man trailor and everything for life .
2. hey fellas now that our g's are gone out of the linup now of nissan were just a memory so i plan on going all out wih this g to make it the legend it should be...

sorry for such a long post
Old 09-06-2001, 09:26 AM   #17
cas8_1999
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to cas8_1999 Send a message via Yahoo to cas8_1999
excuse me about the bhp output of the det i think i was way off its that stuff they smoke dow here in fl it mudt be getting to my head
lol
casual