Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 09:48 AM   #1
esanmiguel
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to esanmiguel
Planning on getting a G20- Advice

Planning to get either a 1999, 2000 and maybe a new 2002 G20.
Which year is better 1999 or 2000? Any major changes between them?

For those people with a 2002, is the extra 5 hp noticeable (versus the old 140 HP SR20DE). ? Also, how much did you pay out the door for a 2002 with auto trans and leather?

Thanks.
esanmiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 10:14 AM   #2
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Hello Esanmiguel! First off welcome to AF. You will find plenty of advice and information on this forum. For beginners, you can read previous posts that are here. They contain a wealth of information on modding G20's and many other things.

On a side note, one thing that I'd like to ask of you is that you only post a topic once, instead of posting it multiple times. If you look on the main screen that shows the list of forums, you'll notice on the upper right that there is a "View new posts" hyperlink. All new posts are then brought up. So your post will be viewable.

Other than that, enjoy your stay here!
Old 07-23-2001, 12:41 PM   #3
kenchan
AF Enthusiast

nagahahahahahaha!!! getting a G20, a 2001 model you say? gahahahahahhaa!!!:frog: I will keep my mouth shut.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 06:41 PM   #4
primera man
"P-Man"

Send a message via AIM to primera man
Quote:
Originally posted by kenchan
nagahahahahahaha!!! getting a G20, a 2001 model you say? gahahahahahhaa!!!:frog: I will keep my mouth shut.
I shouldn't laugh.... but thats a good post Kenchan !!

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
primera man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 06:57 PM   #5
primera_gte
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to primera_gte
edmunds.com

check out their townhall for the g20. most of what they talk about is the buying price.
you should be able to get it at or below invoice.

later
primera_gte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 07:15 PM   #6
kenchan
AF Enthusiast

blahahahahaha!!!:frog: don't read the engine thread or the maintenance. oh, giving out too many hints. gahahahahahha!!!:silly2: tanks, my wife says i gotta big mouth.
Old 07-23-2001, 10:11 PM   #7
Brian P
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Brian P Send a message via AIM to Brian P
whatever you do, make sure it is a MANUAL. do NOT get an automatic. a 3000lbs car with 140/5 hp needs all the help it can get. for the '99 G20t, i believe car and driver said it will typically do around 8.9s for 0-60... the best time ever recorded from a magazine was 8.5s. for the auto, that time drops to a best time of 10 seconds, with 10.5 likely, and as high as over 11 seconds as reported by edmunds (who, btw, are complete morons. they have terrible reporters and terrible drivers... how does one mag report a time of 10 seconds with an auto and edmunds report 11 seconds? unless they are driving it in Kenya, they must be absolutely retarded).

Also, i recommend the touring edition. you get lower profile tires. they provide better handling from the low profile... and well, Bridgestone Potenzas are just better than the regular Firestone Affinity tires when it comes to grip. but the best reason to go for the touring edition is the viscous limited differential... like i said, this car doesnt have much power... what it does have is amazing handling, one of the best you will ever drive. thats how this car can win races, fast cornering. for that reason, you NEED to get the viscous LSD... it will let you maximize what little power the car has while cornering at high speeds, or making big turns at low speeds and full throttle.

other than that, the G20 doesnt have many other options. As for the 5 hp gain in the 2000s and above... i think that is all just from the muffler. on the other hand, i believe the 2000 has a lower first gear than the 99 (for mannys). so i'm guessing the 2000 must do the 0-60 in almost 8 seconds.

but like i'm saying - if you get an automatic, youll have no hope for any noticable speed gains unless you do some major moding, and i dont think you want that. the auto is terrible, it upshifts at 6200rpm, even tho peak hp doesnt come until 6400rpm... rediculous! plus i'm told the manual is very smooth shifting.

hope i helped!
Brian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 11:30 PM   #8
slickkedar
AF Enthusiast

Yea, i would definitly recommend a manual....also, you might think about getting a 99 over a 00, 01, or 02, because ,from my experience, there are more aftermarket parts out there for it.....
slickkedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 12:35 AM   #9
kenchan
AF Enthusiast

hey now, easy with the AT issue!!! just because it's sloppy and shifts up at no apparent reason at 6200rpm under the peak hp and it costs $800 more doesn't mean that it sucks??! yah it does! gahahahahahhaa!!!:frog:

i gotta AT P11. it works okay in daily traffic around town for commute. if this is going to be your only car for fun(!) driving, get a MT for sure. this AT is damn sloppy and slops up power like there's a pair of 500lbs fatass blubber pigs in the back seat.:finger:

but I think of it this way. even a MT you can't beat a 325I, or a Is300, or a Altima GXE, or a Civic SI, etc. off the line....why bother go through the trouble of shifting when you can have your right hand on your girlfriend's thighs when she's wearing a miniskirt? :smoka: think about it. so whos smarter now?:sun:
Old 07-24-2001, 01:46 AM   #10
2002G20Racer
AF Enthusiast

Well I got my 2002 G20 Sport with every option except heated seats (dont need em here in Cali). Thats a whole 4 options baby! Sports package, Auto trans (my first car and I cant watch RPM's, the road, speed, and mirrors all at the same time!!!), 6 cd changer, and splash guards. Also got a free carbon fiber dash kit with my car. Total cost was $25,500. But I also got the 7 year warranty which added a little more. I still dont know if that was a good deal, OK, or bad deal. Oh wellz had been riding in my friends G20 many times b4 and after the Audi dealer gave me shit and wanted me to pay 28k for a used car just went with the Infiniti.
2002G20Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 02:07 AM   #11
slickkedar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by 2002G20Racer
Also got a free carbon fiber dash kit with my car.
You got that carbon fiber dash kit from the dealer??
slickkedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 03:04 PM   #12
kenchan
AF Enthusiast

think it was josuatree.com or somewhere where they make custom trims. wanna get that wood trim one, but hell, gonna probably get me a sus kit for the civc. yah, baby, another set of NA's .
Old 07-24-2001, 09:42 PM   #13
WRAITH
AF Regular

Ha.... G20 woes...

Get the last of the P11 which is the 2002 model. Afterthat, there will be more FWD P11 plaform code. It will be replaced by a RWD 3.5 V6 Skyline plaform. That is the result of Renault ownership...
Oh, get the performance or sport package with VSLD and five speed. A true Nissan must have VSLD!!!

However, the best Primera for handling is the P10. If you can find a '96 G20T with five speed, thank your lucky stars!!!

'95 P10 T last of its kind....:frog:
WRAITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 10:12 PM   #14
2002G20Racer
AF Enthusiast

I got m carbon fiber dash kit from the dealer. They also installed it for me. So hahahaha.
2002G20Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General