Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > SC300/SC400/SC430/Soarer
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 11:39 PM   #1
Boostaholics
AF Newbie

sliding

does anyone here goes drifting with their sc/soarer??........show some pics
Boostaholics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:55 AM   #2
sunsetsandturbos
AF Newbie

i dont have any pics but I have seen it done. many soarers here are turbod with 1jz or 2jz engines, with autos, 5 speeds, and six speeds trannies. There are a few japanese sponsors that have built soarers as competition drift cars, and they do quite well (of course they have the money to sink into it). With enough money, they can be a potent drift car.

as for personal experience, my friend had a soarer with a 1jz engine and auto tranny. Prior to that he had a skyline and was getting pretty good with it, but the soarer was just so much heavier, he had trouble keeping it sideways and in control. He let a japenese friend drive it with much more experience while he rode in the passenger seat. SCARY! there was plenty of power but it was wheel lock to wheel lock to control the drift. looked cray as hell from the sidelines. I could only imagine what it was liek to ride in it. But he did drift it, successfully.

If I were going to drift a soarer/sc300, the basic set up I would start with is enough power (anyway you want to get it), a manual trancmission, lsd, and a fairly stiff susspension (typical for any drift car). Next I would gut the interior, and maybe look at some other ways of losing some weight (wheels, fiberglass/carbon fiber hood, fiberglass seats with rails, remove a/c, stereo, smaller battery, etc).

check out these links

http://www.jasonelcan.com/index_page...eek%20355k.wmv

http://velocity.isfaster.com/webpage...y/drift/53.jpg

found these on google
sunsetsandturbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:58 AM   #3
sunsetsandturbos
AF Newbie

sorry. misread the post.
sunsetsandturbos is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > SC300/SC400/SC430/Soarer