Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > E Series
E Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford E-150, Ford E-250, Ford E-350, and Ford E-450.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
ET54
AF Newbie

E250 brake lights

None of the 3 brake lights on my 2005 E250 cargo van work. Hazards and turn signals work fine. I have power to and from brake pedal. Replaced multifunction switch. I did drive a staple through a wire or wires at rear of truck, but none appear to have been severed. Both fuses, 10A at position 7 and 15A at position 11 are okay. When brake pedal is pushed, no terminal to the multifunction switch changes voltage. Wire from brake is blue-green, no similar wire at multifunction switch. One staple did blow the #7 fuse, but replacing it and removing the staple fixed the turn signals. Taillights and backup lights ok also. Besides miscalculating on where to put the staples, what am I missing, and how do I get brake lights again?
Thanks
ED
ET54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:47 PM   #2
Selectron
AF Enthusiast

Re: E250 brake lights

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I'm not familiar with your vehicle but I had a quick look at the wiring diagrams for it and they show fuse #39 (10A) as being in series with the brake lamps - that's located in the central junction box (same box as fuses 7 & 11). With a bit of luck it will just be a blown fuse #39 but if not then let me know and I'll take a closer look at the diagrams.
Selectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
ET54
AF Newbie

I tried a quick reply, but I don't know if it went through. My Haynes manual had no wiring diagram, so I was kind of working in the dark. That fuse worked, and I'm okay again. I was hoping there was another fuse somewhere in that circuit. Thanks very much.
Ed
ET54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
Selectron
AF Enthusiast

That's good - thanks for letting us know. If there are gaps in your Haynes manual then you might want to take a look at this thread - follow the instructions in the first post and select your vehicle, and then you'll find the Wiring Diagrams section on the main menu, with additional useful information in the Repair Procedures section.
Selectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:13 PM   #5
Willranless
AF Newbie

I just want to say thank you for this question and answer. I recently purchased a 2006 E-250 and discovered the brake lights were not working. After reading the post here I checked the fuse 39 and found there was no fuse at all in the socket. I installed a 10 amp fuse and now the brake lights work. Thanks again.
Willranless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 01:37 AM   #6
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Awesome! And THAT is why we leave old threads open here at AF.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > E Series