Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Forenza
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
jmgreetis
AF Newbie

2006 Suzuki Forenza with new starter, whirring, but not starting

The title pretty much explains the gist of it.

Basically, I had a new transmission put in and a new alternator. I was driving the car fine for a few days. I was on the freeway doing about 80mph and the car just died out of nowhere. Any time I would try to start it I would hear the starter whirring up, but that's all it would do.

I had the original starter tested at O'reilly's and they said that it seemed ok but a little weak. So I bought a new starter and replaced it just today. Tried to start it up and got the same result.

We tried again with a separated fully charged battery.

There was no apparent starter relay in the cars fuse box diagram. So we checked anything that might be even remotely related and they all seemed to be in order.

We're stuck. And putting this starter on was the biggest pain in the butt I've ever dealt with on a vehicle.
jmgreetis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:28 AM   #2
ctesla
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2006 Suzuki Forenza with new starter, whirring, but not starting

jm,
i know you posted a year ago; sorry, i was overseas and incommunicado..
i would be interested in finding out how you solved the anamoly.. usually when the starter 'whirrs', it's just a bendix going bad, but the 'driving down the highway and dies' routine sounded like a grounding issue..
what did it end up being? do you still have the forenza?
hope it was something simple; like the positive battery cable loose and corroded, or the IAC or MAF/MAP disconnected or chaffed wire shutting of
signal to the ECU/ECM.. let me know; my daughter has an 06 Forenza, it'll be nice to know what i'm in for..
ctesla is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Forenza