Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 12:48 PM   #1
sanchan
AF Newbie

250hp Audi TT vs stock 99 GTP

Hello, I have a friend who own a 2004 250hp auti tt (stock), and I have a 99 stock gtp. She always brags about how fast her car is...I was wondering how they compare to each other performance wise!!?
sanchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
sanchan
AF Newbie

I know that these two cars are in different categories, but I still need to know...her bragging about her audi is driving me NUTS!!!!
Old 10-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
want a supra
AF Enthusiast

Re: 250hp Audi TT vs stock 99 GTP

Well, this might sound crazy but... RACE HER.
want a supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
sanchan
AF Newbie

Well...here is the problem...I don't want to race her unless I know how good or bad my chances are.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:18 PM   #5
dxasaurus
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 250hp Audi TT vs stock 99 GTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchan
Well...here is the problem...I don't want to race her unless I know how good or bad my chances are.
It would be embarrasing if he did lose though.... To someone who brags about an Audi, which are basically dogs in their performance category.

Here's the thing, make sure she has the quattro 3.2. If it's the 1.8 T, go ahead and race her. If it's the 3.2, you might be in for it.

If she has the roadster it will be close. Her car will weigh more and will have far less low end grunt, drivetrain loss might factor in, too. If you can, maybe a few bolt ons will be in order. You have a factory S/C, take advantage of easy hp and go to a Gran Prix tune site and buy some bolt ons. My friends GTP had a catback and some pully package for the S/C and it really made a difference. Most factory Super Chargers can make way more horsepower with an upgraded pully.
With that aside, I would just race her now with a "yeah, you car will probably beat me but it will be fun" attitude, so if you lose, no ego loss, if you win, you win. It might be a close race, though.
dxasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:57 AM   #6
sanchan
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 250hp Audi TT vs stock 99 GTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxasaurus
It would be embarrasing if he did lose though.... To someone who brags about an Audi, which are basically dogs in their performance category.

Here's the thing, make sure she has the quattro 3.2. If it's the 1.8 T, go ahead and race her. If it's the 3.2, you might be in for it.

If she has the roadster it will be close. Her car will weigh more and will have far less low end grunt, drivetrain loss might factor in, too. If you can, maybe a few bolt ons will be in order. You have a factory S/C, take advantage of easy hp and go to a Gran Prix tune site and buy some bolt ons. My friends GTP had a catback and some pully package for the S/C and it really made a difference. Most factory Super Chargers can make way more horsepower with an upgraded pully.
With that aside, I would just race her now with a "yeah, you car will probably beat me but it will be fun" attitude, so if you lose, no ego loss, if you win, you win. It might be a close race, though.
I raced her....to finally get the whole issue out of the way and put her in her place...she had the 250hp engine which pulled pretty quick but i stayed on her since she cannot drive too good....heh heh. well, i was satisfied and walked off with a huge grin on my face. thanks for all your advice....but i dont think im going to invest in any mods since im afraid that it would reduce the road life of my car if i dont do it right...and being a student, i dont think i can afford another car :-).
Old 10-10-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
dxasaurus
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: 250hp Audi TT vs stock 99 GTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchan
I raced her....to finally get the whole issue out of the way and put her in her place...she had the 250hp engine which pulled pretty quick but i stayed on her since she cannot drive too good....heh heh. well, i was satisfied and walked off with a huge grin on my face. thanks for all your advice....but i dont think im going to invest in any mods since im afraid that it would reduce the road life of my car if i dont do it right...and being a student, i dont think i can afford another car :-).
Nice to see you hung with her. Figured you should unless she acutally races on her free time.
dxasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:51 PM   #8
regalfriend
AF Regular

Ive heard about the Audi turbo...off the line there is alot of Lag...S/C gets most of its HP at a much lower RPM.....Chances are she may have seen you take off like a bat out of hell and got discouraged...If she was an experienced driver with no fear, she would have flew past you at the 50-60 MPH mark
regalfriend is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix