Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 02:01 AM   #1
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
Comptech Headers 25-30 more HP myth or truth ?

Well there about a grand and I hope for a grand that they would give me some kind of power like that . Does anyone here some installed on there CLS and does the headers really make the exhuast sound louder ? This is something that i'm considering about getting . I would like to get the Aem cai too , does anyone have those installed on there car too if so tell me how it sounds with it .
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 12:14 AM   #2
justin@af
Old Mod

Send a message via AIM to justin@af
I"m pretty sure they won't give 25-30 HP realistically. They will make the the car breathe easier, and allow more free flow, but i doubt they will give 25-30 HP. That sounds too outrageous, but then again i could be wrong, but until someone can prove it, i will stick with my feelings. And yes they will make the car louder, as will an AEM intake.

Peace
Old 08-16-2001, 08:13 AM   #3
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
I agree with justin. The number by themselves is a little misleading. That kind of horsepower gain comes from working the insides of the engine. Just putting those headers on alone, won't give you that much gain. I believe the most you're going to get from them alone is about 1-2 or 2-4hp. If you do that whole port and polish, just work the internals you could probably hit those numbers. But GOD, I thought you said a while back that you weren't going to mess with that stuff, just rims and a kit I think. Regardless, I say read more into it before you spend that money and don't get what you want.
Old 08-16-2001, 12:06 PM   #4
GOD
Banned

Old 08-23-2001, 10:03 PM   #5
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Why not check the Comptechusa dyno chart for the header combine with downpipe? http://www.comptechusa.com/images/dyno/1999TLplot.pdf
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 12:56 AM   #6
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

wow that's a pretty big gain!
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 01:20 AM   #7
F20C
AF Enthusiast

At the highest point there was 17.9 Whp gain.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 08:05 PM   #8
caddy
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to caddy Send a message via AIM to caddy Send a message via Yahoo to caddy
Headers

Check the DYNOS out on Acura-CL.Com site

I've seen em run up to 32 HP at Certain RPMs, mostly at Higher RPMs but yes...they do make a Fair amount of difference when you have your FOOT in it. On a Scale of 1-10 as far as loudness. I'd say 4. Can't say about CAI. I don't have one yet. Haven't decided if that's what I want, cause I don't want 8+ Sound when Mashing it...and that's about what i've heard it does.

Cheers
Neuspped Upper Tie Bar
Hayden Transmission Cooler
Viper 550 Car Starter / Alarm
14 % Tint !
caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 10:05 PM   #9
GOD
Banned

Welcome caddy ...weren't you the one that talked crap to me on acura-cl ?
Old 08-31-2001, 09:25 AM   #10
caddy
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to caddy Send a message via AIM to caddy Send a message via Yahoo to caddy
Same One :)

Yep that's me. God forgives right ? Truthfully, I still don't like your choice in names, and certainly being from the South, you've thought of it as "Pacliuar" and "Wrong" more than once. And then again, maybe you haven't, but let's just let It die. I'm NOT some Yokel on a mission, but an Educated guy who just turned 40 ( and a Car Lover ) that happens to think there are some things that should be "sacred". Also, there will come a day, I think "that every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Christ (yes Jesus) is Lord." God being one and the same with Christ, I don't think you fit the Bill for that. But am I able to laugh, joke about things, sure. I'm a happy go lucky-fellow I just happen to think STUFF LIKE "GOD" is serious business. Cars are just a Hobby; fun to work on, fun to MOD, but they AINT the reason I live my man.

Just give it some thought. Sorry for any hard feelings. Wish you the best, but still wish for a name change

Cheer
Caddy (Steve, would be my real name)

Have a Nice Day
Neuspped Upper Tie Bar
14 % Tint !
Old 08-31-2001, 11:26 PM   #11
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

are you a priest?

yeah isn't using God's name without reason one of the 10 commandmants.... or somethin like that??
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 08-31-2001, 11:27 PM   #12
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

BOW DOWN TO GOD FROM DOWN SOUTH!!!!!
Old 02-04-2002, 12:51 AM   #13
90CRXZCSi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to 90CRXZCSi Send a message via Yahoo to 90CRXZCSi
yea almost 18 WHP is quite an increase. i guess it's not amyth because you have to think it probably is around 25 HP at the flywheel.
90CRXZCSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:17 AM   #14
caddy
AF Newbie

What Do you think ?

About these ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg montegimr5.jpg (85.4 KB, 276 views)
Neuspped Upper Tie Bar
14 % Tint !
Old 01-20-2003, 11:09 AM   #15
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

i don't like the studs along the offset
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote