Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 10:17 PM   #61
EPVQ30
AF Regular

Re: Welcome to all Noobs, Post it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdog
Hey thanks EPVQ30 &BK2KMax for the warm welcome. I took some pics of my max to post here but i'm not sure how to put them in this post so here's my webpage http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/444291
so let me know what you think. I'll put up some more of the system once I clean out my trunk (it's a freaking mess right now).
i bet you can't wait for Matrix Reloaded to come out on DVD.. nothing better than lots of action and special FX movies for a car AV system.

EPVQ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 04:30 PM   #62
chrisr67
AF Regular

Talking nOOb here!

Hey guys/gals,
Chris from South Florida, currently own a 98 Eclipse GS-T heavily modded, but due to pick up my 03 Maxima this Saturday. I can't wait! Imagine, 255hp WITHOUT MODS! Whoohooo! Can't wait to do some intake and exhaust work on my Maxima once I get it!
I'm sure I'll be visiting this site alot once I get going. I sure am going to miss the feel of the turbo though! Nothing like having that turbo kick in and slam you against the back of the seat!
Thanks for the warm welcome all!
See ya round!
chrisr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:58 PM   #63
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Re: nOOb here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr67
Hey guys/gals,
Chris from South Florida, currently own a 98 Eclipse GS-T heavily modded, but due to pick up my 03 Maxima this Saturday. I can't wait! Imagine, 255hp WITHOUT MODS! Whoohooo! Can't wait to do some intake and exhaust work on my Maxima once I get it!
I'm sure I'll be visiting this site alot once I get going. I sure am going to miss the feel of the turbo though! Nothing like having that turbo kick in and slam you against the back of the seat!
Thanks for the warm welcome all!
See ya round!

Don't worry if you've ever rode in a Maxima you will feel like a Turbo kicked in when all that Torque from the mighty VQ kicks you in the pants and slams you back into your seat.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:07 PM   #64
JayMaX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JayMaX

Noob in the house... i've been a maxima owner for 5 years now. its about time for an upgrade, i'm driving a 92 black maxima, 5 speed. i'm happier with my car then most people driving in a 2003 ______. <--- (insert toyota, honda, etc.)... unfortunately my abs system is leaking so i've been forced to drive my truck all summer. but once i find a someone who can fix it at a reasonable price (preferrably one thats less then the value of the car) i'll be back!!!
JayMaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 11:15 PM   #65
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Welcome to all Noobs, Post it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMaX
Noob in the house... i've been a maxima owner for 5 years now. its about time for an upgrade, i'm driving a 92 black maxima, 5 speed. i'm happier with my car then most people driving in a 2003 ______. <--- (insert toyota, honda, etc.)... unfortunately my abs system is leaking so i've been forced to drive my truck all summer. but once i find a someone who can fix it at a reasonable price (preferrably one thats less then the value of the car) i'll be back!!!
2003 Honda S2000 would make me very happy...

welcome to AF dude

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."
Steve Martin.
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 11:20 PM   #66
EPVQ30
AF Regular

Re: nOOb here!

wassup Chris and Jay.. i used to live Kendall for a couple of years.. loved every minute of it but i love it up here a little more. anyway they have the South FLorida Maxima crew down there. i think they are well organized set up meets and stuff like that. anyway Jay hope you get that ABS thing back up b4 the springs here..no fun driving a big ol' SUV in the hot weather... i love hitting the twisties with the max in the early spring.

click here to see the other side of AF

Last edited by EPVQ30; 11-13-2003 at 11:57 PM.
EPVQ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 12:11 AM   #67
IcESouL
AF Enthusiast

hi thanks for the welcome
i got a 95 acura integra ls
planning on getting a 2002+ is300 cause i'm into drifting but i want a nice luxy car i'm hoping they will make a coupe but i doubt it
i don't really know much about cars thats probably why i joined
IcESouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:24 AM   #68
*420*92MAXSE
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to *420*92MAXSE Send a message via Yahoo to *420*92MAXSE
Talking Re: Welcome to all Noobs, Post it Here

Hello all. I am Sean, I bought my 92 Se for ...get this......$600!!! It is FULLY loaded, and now I am having problems with it. Runs only when the key is turned but sputters to a halt when I let off the key. Any ideas let me know, I would really appreciate it. Peace out all!!!
*420*92MAXSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:36 AM   #69
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max

maybe your air filter's clogged with bong resin.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 03:06 PM   #70
*420*92MAXSE
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP2K2Max
Ok man.....an answer without the bong thing would be cool. Just cuz I toke a little doesn't mean I shouldnt get a good answer. Do u think it would be my air filter cause I dont even have it in the air box till it will run so what else????
Old 11-19-2003, 07:13 PM   #71
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by *420*92MAXSE
Hello all. I am Sean, I bought my 92 Se for ...get this......$600!!! It is FULLY loaded, and now I am having problems with it. Runs only when the key is turned but sputters to a halt when I let off the key. Any ideas let me know, I would really appreciate it. Peace out all!!!

What's up to all my new homies onboard: 420, IceSoul and Jay.

To my boi 420, if I were you I'd get my ignition system diagnosed, is your check engine light on?

If so, take it to Autozone and get a free diagnostic check maybe they can give you the codes and help you figure out what is wrong, if not call up Nissan and tell them what your car is doing, maybe they'll be able to tell you on the phone.
Good luck
Old 11-19-2003, 09:29 PM   #72
*420*92MAXSE
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Welcome to all Noobs, Post it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk2kmax
What's up to all my new homies onboard: 420, IceSoul and Jay.

To my boi 420, if I were you I'd get my ignition system diagnosed, is your check engine light on?

If so, take it to Autozone and get a free diagnostic check maybe they can give you the codes and help you figure out what is wrong, if not call up Nissan and tell them what your car is doing, maybe they'll be able to tell you on the phone.
Good luck
Got her runnin tonight......it was the little diaphragm thingy in the fuel pump. Thanks for the info though. All that stress over a damn fuel pump........oh well. You live and u learn......u only REALLY live in a maxima!!!
Old 11-20-2003, 12:30 PM   #73
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max
Re: Re: Re: Welcome to all Noobs, Post it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by *420*92MAXSE
Ok man.....an answer without the bong thing would be cool. Just cuz I toke a little doesn't mean I shouldnt get a good answer. Do u think it would be my air filter cause I dont even have it in the air box till it will run so what else????
chill out, dude. if you didn't want people to comment on your drug habits maybe you should omit the 420 surrounded by asterisks in front of your name. if i had an answer for you, i'd give it.

Last edited by BP2K2Max; 11-20-2003 at 02:59 PM.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:23 AM   #74
VQmax95
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to VQmax95

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP2K2Max
VQmax95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 02:50 AM   #75
VQmax95
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to VQmax95
What the hell is all that about?
VQmax95 is offline   Reply With Quote