Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Laguna/Laguna II
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 04:47 AM   #1
sajida
AF Newbie

Immobiliser

I've had problems with my immobiliser and this weekend it decided to completly pack in. I was in a car park and the immobilser would not disarm.

Its now been towed to the dealer, and I'm expecting sky high costs of repair. I find it quite strange that there appears to be many people who have experienced similar problems yet Renault have not done anything about this.

Do you think we should do something about this?
sajida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:58 PM   #2
davmal3663
AF Newbie

Re: Immobiliser

I have had an Intermittant problem with my 1999 Laguna too. I changed the Batteries in the key etc, I found that by disconnecting the Battery positive lead whilst leaving the key in the ignition for one minute, then reconnecting the lead securely, then removing the key from the ignition and locking the car using the key and leaving the car for 2 hours sorted the problem for me. I have been told that this problem is a common occurance and is either the fault with the Key chip being out of sequence with the immobiliser, or a fault with the recieving ring on the Steering lock. If its the key, Renault quoted me £120 + VAT and a 12 day wait for the new key to be delivered from France, then the key has to be re-coded at the Main Dealer. If its the ring, then its between £40 - £60 plus VAT and a 12 day wait for the ring to be delivered from France then It has to be Syncro'd to your key chip and Immobiliser. Point to note though is that I found it worked for me - it may be you have a different problem and it may not work for you, either way - before considering removal of the Battery lead - make sure you have your stereo code!!! Hope you have some luck.
davmal3663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 05:02 AM   #3
chumbawumba
AF Newbie

Personally, I think that we need to get a group of us together who are having this problem and as a group, contact trading standards. If this is a known fault through some kind of faulty equipment, Renault should be fixing it at their own expense, not ours. And all those who have had this done should be re-imbursed.
chumbawumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:27 PM   #4
scott587646
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Immobiliser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
Personally, I think that we need to get a group of us together who are having this problem and as a group, contact trading standards. If this is a known fault through some kind of faulty equipment, Renault should be fixing it at their own expense, not ours. And all those who have had this done should be re-imbursed.

RENAULT DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT ABOUT 3 YRS AGO IF YOU COMPLAINED ABOUT THE KEYS NOT WOKING WHEN IT YOU TOOK THE CAR IN FOR SERVICE THEN THE KEY WOULD HAVE BEEN CHANGED DIDNT TAKE IT TO THE DEALERS FOR SERVICEING ... WHOSE FAULTS THAT RENAULTS
scott587646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:15 AM   #5
MorganS
AF Newbie

Renault Immobiliser

I have just had a problem with my 1994 Laguna ommobilser locking on. This problem was caused by water getting through the aerial point leaking. Water has gotten onto the receiver printed circuit board which I understand is a common fault with Laguna and Megane models. My fix was to get a replacement second hand receiver board which cost me 10 pounds. I instaled it this morning and it worked. It seems that not many people know where the 4 digit securuity code for the immobilser is stored. Some people think it is in the key fob, others in the receiver circuit board located in the overhead panel. It is in fact located in the ECU under the cars bonnet.

Changing thereceiver circuit board does not lose the code so there is no need to recode anything. This should be your firt option before taking your car to a Renault dealer which will cost you loads of money. Don't forget to get a tube of silicone sealant and seal the aeriel point on the roof of the car as well to prevent further leakin.

Quite a simple fix, takes a couple of minutes. The front panel on the overhead console with the internal lights on just slides forward and reveals this circuit board. Try this before anything else and you may save yourself a lot of money and anguish.

My car ahs been immobilised all this week until I received the replacement circuit board this morning.

Let me know how you get on as I have seen all sorts of theories about getting code numbers and all tha sort of stuff.

Maybe I was just lucky but it would have to be something really big for the ECU to pack up and you you do have an expensive problem.
MorganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:33 AM   #6
SHARKY7SHARKY
AF Newbie

Re: Renault Immobiliser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganS
I have just had a problem with my 1994 Laguna ommobilser locking on. This problem was caused by water getting through the aerial point leaking. Water has gotten onto the receiver printed circuit board which I understand is a common fault with Laguna and Megane models. My fix was to get a replacement second hand receiver board which cost me 10 pounds. I instaled it this morning and it worked. It seems that not many people know where the 4 digit securuity code for the immobilser is stored. Some people think it is in the key fob, others in the receiver circuit board located in the overhead panel. It is in fact located in the ECU under the cars bonnet.

Changing thereceiver circuit board does not lose the code so there is no need to recode anything. This should be your firt option before taking your car to a Renault dealer which will cost you loads of money. Don't forget to get a tube of silicone sealant and seal the aeriel point on the roof of the car as well to prevent further leakin.

Quite a simple fix, takes a couple of minutes. The front panel on the overhead console with the internal lights on just slides forward and reveals this circuit board. Try this before anything else and you may save yourself a lot of money and anguish.

My car ahs been immobilised all this week until I received the replacement circuit board this morning.

Let me know how you get on as I have seen all sorts of theories about getting code numbers and all tha sort of stuff.

Maybe I was just lucky but it would have to be something really big for the ECU to pack up and you you do have an expensive problem.

When Renault cars were sold the buyers should of had a scratch card with a 4 digit number. But Renault have kept these cards from the public. I can only presume it's because then we are at the mercy of Renault. I have just got my number from them after telling them I will prosicute them for holding back this code. Just take your logbook & maybe key code you can found this on the back of the circuit in the key. This 4 digit number will disable the Immobiliser.
SHARKY7SHARKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:30 AM   #7
chumbawumba
AF Newbie

Re: Renault Immobiliser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKY7SHARKY
When Renault cars were sold the buyers should of had a scratch card with a 4 digit number. But Renault have kept these cards from the public. I can only presume it's because then we are at the mercy of Renault. I have just got my number from them after telling them I will prosicute them for holding back this code. Just take your logbook & maybe key code you can found this on the back of the circuit in the key. This 4 digit number will disable the Immobiliser.
When I asked for the code the Renault staff insisted it was illegal for them to provide me with the code!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott587646
RENAULT DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT ABOUT 3 YRS AGO IF YOU COMPLAINED ABOUT THE KEYS NOT WOKING WHEN IT YOU TOOK THE CAR IN FOR SERVICE THEN THE KEY WOULD HAVE BEEN CHANGED DIDNT TAKE IT TO THE DEALERS FOR SERVICEING ... WHOSE FAULTS THAT RENAULTS
Had I owned the vehicle at the time it would've been mine so check your facts before you flame. And check your spelling before you post if you're going to be a clever dick.
chumbawumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #8
seani
AF Newbie

I don't know whether is of any interest. I had a problem with my immobiliser: nothing - nothing would get it to start. Then I disconnected the battery for 1 hour - reconnected it and hey presto.

Sean
seani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 08:49 AM   #9
TazzyK
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajida

I've had problems with my immobiliser and this weekend it decided to completly pack in. I was in a car park and the immobilser would not disarm.

Its now been towed to the dealer, and I'm expecting sky high costs of repair. I find it quite strange that there appears to be many people who have experienced similar problems yet Renault have not done anything about this.

I'm just curious with this one so bear with me.

A few years ago here in Birmingham, there was an issue with the Immobilisers on most Renaults in that there was a newly built shopping centre in Solihull and if you were in the car park, your immobiliser would not disarm. Not sure how this was rectified (I didn't have a problem with my 1997 Laguna in that car park so I think it probably effected newer cars). The reason I'm saying this is because your car packed up in a car park so maybe there is a similar problem more to do with that location. As crazy as it sounds, it is true about this shopping centre (ironically called Touchwood!)
TazzyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:09 AM   #10
bluehawk06
AF Newbie

you dont wanna go to main dealer lol
i work for blue hawk electronics and we come across with alot of immobaliser probs on the reanult clio/megane & laguna's but what we can do is decode the actual siemens E.C.U (engine control unit) which does away with the immobaliser all together let me know if you need any help
Regards Dennis @ Blue Hawk Electronics
bluehawk06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:12 AM   #11
bluehawk06
AF Newbie

Blue Hawk Electronics
We are able to Decode the E.C.U control Units which does away with the immabaliser all we need is the part number of the E.C.U and we'll let you know if its possible please contact us on 07773289170 / 07966684240 / 01159539077 mon-fri (9am-5pm)
bluehawk06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:34 AM   #12
manandvan
AF Newbie

hi i,m having the non start problem on a laguna, took it to renault in liverpool and after a two hour deep diagnosis they tell me i need an ecu, key controller and keys plus re-programming, total cost £1050! as if! its a p reg car for god sake, the annoying part is i was told £85 pounds job done in the first place, then the bad attitude of the service reception manager saun voslo, and £180 to retrieve the car with no result! buy another renault?
over my dead body! from what i have gathered and going by another bypass i did the end result of these things is usually one live or one negative to the ecu being controlled on or off, so if anyone knows which wire it is please give us all a break. share share share and stuff renault
manandvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #13
John Corps
AF Newbie

I get a Vocal warning that the imobiliser is not working properly - does this mean that soon I want be able to start the car, if so, Why can't we just rip out the usless imobiliser and fit an after market item does anyone know how to bypass the imobiliser, alarm and central locking controller ?
John
John Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:16 AM   #14
John Corps
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajida

Is there any way we can rip the bl--dy immobiliser, cetral locking and alarm system out and replace the whole lot with a more usable, non malfunctional system - Does anyone know how best to tackle it?
Old 04-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #15
John Corps
AF Newbie

Is there any way we can rip the bl--dy immobiliser, cetral locking and alarm system out and replace the whole lot with a more usable, non malfunctional system - Does anyone know how best to tackle it?