Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2001, 06:11 PM   #1
Starchild
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Starchild
Unhappy Installed Intek, smoke near engine??!! Help!!

Hello everyone! I have a Honda Accord 99 EX.
Today I went to my dealer and we did a complete engine tuneup and oil change, and added a powerful and loud intek ($300 or so, but got it for free). Stupid me got scared when I heard a loud noise when I gased my car on the freeway and knew that it was the intek. (excuse me for my stupid knowledge, but is an intek part of a turbo upgrade? I sound stupid) I came home from the place by using the freeway and when I opened the hood, I noticed some small smoke coming out near the intek and engine, on the left side.
I was thinking that it may be from oil that may have fallen near the exhaust, but I was told that it may be from the computer. The engine temperature is normal (and wow, even a little lower than what I used to get before the intek install)

Whats wrong?? I can take some pictures from the car and everything needed if you guys need a visual picture to see. I will get this fixed by this Monday or Tuesday, but I am afraid to drive my car till then.

Thank you guys!

Starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 11:54 AM   #2
Starchild
AF Regular

Lightbulb Doh

The problem is fixed. It was oil that went into the exhaust and somewhat made a burning smell. Nothing is damaged. The car is running all perfect.

I went around town for a while and checked the hood frequently and didn't see smoke coming out or a burning smell.

Old 10-14-2001, 01:10 PM   #3
Verse914
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Verse914
Thats what I was going to say Were you talking about the intake? The air intake?

*92 Accord* -AEM CAI- -DC Header- -Thermal Cat Back- -High Flow Cat- -Unorthodox Pullies- -Zex Kit(65 Shot)- -Skunk2 Cam Gear- -ST Sway Bars- -Neuspeed Race Springs w/ Tokico Blues- -16" Konig Monsoons w/ Kumho Tires- -Custom Grill- -Front & Rear Upper Tower Bars- -Red/Clear Tails- http://www.Verse914.com
AIM: Verse2001...Updated 8.25.05...
Verse914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 08:26 PM   #4
Starchild
AF Regular

Talking Ya

Yep I was

hehe, well doh, I still smell sometimes the burning oil or whatever it might be. Getting the car fully checked this monday or tuesday depending on the day the coilovers and the mirror comes. Doing some fix to the car

Old 10-14-2001, 09:58 PM   #5
Verse914
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Verse914
Cool. Hopefully your cars alright.

*92 Accord* -AEM CAI- -DC Header- -Thermal Cat Back- -High Flow Cat- -Unorthodox Pullies- -Zex Kit(65 Shot)- -Skunk2 Cam Gear- -ST Sway Bars- -Neuspeed Race Springs w/ Tokico Blues- -16" Konig Monsoons w/ Kumho Tires- -Custom Grill- -Front & Rear Upper Tower Bars- -Red/Clear Tails- http://www.Verse914.com
AIM: Verse2001...Updated 8.25.05...
Verse914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 11:25 AM   #6
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
I'm glad you got that solved, and pretty easily. If your ECU was making smoke like that, I think you'd be writing a new page in Honda troubles. Never heard of anything like that. I mean you can "fry" an ECU, but I don't think that it could literally smoke from this. You would have some serious issues with your car if it could make your ECU smoke!!
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 07:39 PM   #7
Starchild
AF Regular

Unhappy Doh

Quote:
Originally posted by JD@af
You would have some serious issues with your car if it could make your ECU smoke!!
Exactly, thats what i am thinking. I was like "Noway that its the computer, uh".

Well, seems like my car won't be looked at and fixed today. Tomorrow probably.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid