Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caliber
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
todd_zempel
AF Newbie

2007 2.0 Caliber SXT Hesitation issue

My 2007 2.0 SXT seems to hesitate when I am accelerating from a dead stop while on an incline. It barely crawls for 2-3 seconds, then it seems to kick into gear.

Because the exit to my apartment is on an incline into a busy road, just around the corner from a blind curve, I have risked my life several times.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?
todd_zempel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
Kevster324
AF Newbie

Re: 2007 2.0 Caliber SXT Hesitation issue

I also have a 2007 SXT. Mine does the same thing occassionally, except it's not always on an incline. Most of the time it is on a straight stretch. I'm hoping for an answer as well.
Kevster324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
bigtsr
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_zempel
My 2007 2.0 SXT seems to hesitate when I am accelerating from a dead stop while on an incline. It barely crawls for 2-3 seconds, then it seems to kick into gear.

Because the exit to my apartment is on an incline into a busy road, just around the corner from a blind curve, I have risked my life several times.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?
You can re-calibrate the fly by wire gas pedal in the Caliber.
You may think this is wacky or pie in the sky but it is a proven
fact already tested by many Caliber owners.
Do exactly as follows:
1-Turn the ignition to RUN but do not start the engine.
2-Counting to 15 SLOWLY depress the gas pedal to the floor.
(remember fly by wire-you will not flood the engine)
3-Again counting to 15 SLOWLY release the gas pedal to full up.
4-Turn igniton to OFF and remove key.
5-Start car and test drive-you can do this anytime you feel it's required.
bigtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:35 AM   #4
scoobytuff
AF Regular

You should also see your dealers service department about this. There is a TSB that covers this problem on the Calibers. From what I had read online I didn't think that my car was part of this TSB but it was. It's a lot better now.
scoobytuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #5
Stwstl
AF Newbie

OK!

I've ran into the very same problem with my 2007 Caliber... The hesitation issue was discovered after a rather long stretch of highway.

I stopped at the light on the off ramp and found zero response until half throttle was depressed. I went to fuel up and turned the engine off. When I restarted my engine it was fine and off we drove!

There have been at least five times now that the same problem occured. Each time turning the car off and starting it again worked !

Last night the car started losing speed on the Intersate and after slowing to 50 MPH. The OVERHEAT LIGHT illuminated and a BEEP or DONG sound.

The system had plenty of coolant and it was not in stop and go traffic.

There was no reason for this to happen. After pulling over and resetting the throttle,(turning the engine off and restarting it) the light still iluminated and the BEEP or DONG sound happened again. But the power was restored to the pedal.

Just a guess but I'm startig to think that the TEMP SENSOR that engages my COOL DOWN FAN is on the "fritz" and may need to be serviced.

Anyone else having this problem?
Stwstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:47 AM   #6
rccrrc
AF Newbie

I found the fix mentioned by "bigstr" in the forum for the SRT4. I have a 2008 RT and have been plagued with the hesitation since I picked the RT up new in 2008. I returned it to the dealer and all thay told me was thay didn't find anything wrong (they hinted at me not knowing how drive a 5-speed manual) (BULL!!!). The hesitation was a serious problem when using the AC. The SRT4 forum mentioned the fix but didn't know if it would work for other models. I tried the fix, turned the key on without starting, waited until all the dash lights, execpt service engine and brake, went out. Pressed the gas pedal to the floor and slowly let it up. I started the car WITHOUT TURNING THE KEY TO OFF, and the result was unbelievable!!! It now runs like it should have from the day I picked it up. It took 4 years + to correct it and the dealer was absulote no help in solving the problem. Good luck!!!
rccrrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #7
rccrrc
AF Newbie

I add that I found the fix at "caliberforums.com" in a section on the SRT-4. I don't recall which item I read the fix in, but it was under the "Caliber SRT-4 Discussion."
rccrrc is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caliber