Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Liberty
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
JessK4283
AF Newbie

2006 Jeep Liberty Power Problems

The other day, my AC began not having any speed to it, no matter what the setting. The next morning, my battery was dead. Jumped it, and all seemed fine, until after 15-20 min of driving, the AC started not having any speed again. (As in you had to put your hand up to it to know it's on. You can hear the blower, but to pressure.) The air coming out was cold. Replaced the battery, and that seemed to do the trick. I did notice the accumulator was icing over within minutes of turning on the car though. Tried refilling the Freon, which read as being properly pressurized, but put a little in anyway. No more icing, but the lines do get a little condensation on it. Being in Florida, meh. Not too worried. Yesterday, two days after replacing my battery, TADA! It's dead. Jumped it and took it to the parts shop, and the alternator failed their test. Replaced it, and all seemed fine. Drove it around town for a while too. This morning?... You guessed it. Dead. Not fully though. The doors will unlock with the fob, the dome lights come on, and it clicks when you turn the key, but that's it. So. Is it possible I didn't drive enough to get a charge on the battery? To add to this, I noticed that the AC clutch doesn't stop. I allowed the AC to run for some time, and the cabin was nice and frosty, but the clutch never stopped. This thing... She's got 120,000 miles, and has so far been running great, until recently. Any ideas?
JessK4283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
dagwan11
AF Newbie

Re: 2006 Jeep Liberty Power Problems

Hi,

I have a 2005 Liberty that has intermittent times where the battery just dies for no reason. I have replaced multiple batteries, charging system checked with no issues noted. There are no fault codes found in the computer. Talked to Jeep folks and they don't have a clue. Sure, bring it down and we''ll check it out and just leave the checkbook...
I have checked grounds and still no reason behind it. My Jeep will only do this after sitting for about 2 days. I think there is a parasitic voltage draw down somewhere but I'm not going to spend more money in fault isolation than the damn thing is worth.
dagwan11 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
alternator , battery , clutch , drain , jeep
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Liberty