Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 12:50 PM   #1
Gooberfd
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Gooberfd
Girls in the sport compact scene

Hey guys...uhhhh I mean girls,

I am about to write an article on girls in the sport compact scene and I honestly dont know where to start. So I figure I would try to see if any of you could give me some feedback. Who knows, I might even quote you in my story.
So if you girls could post some info that might spark an idea in my head that would be great. What are do you mostly like to do with your cars? Show or do you race them? What are the first modifications you guys want done to your cars? Is there are car that you particularly like? Is there something you are hold an advantage over pertaining to your cars that we bonehead guys dont or cant have. Possibly your approach to tuning your vehicles that differ.
Any ideas would be great, but basically I need to be engulfed into the female sport compact scene and find out what its all about.

The title of the thread should of been in the sport compact scene. So Focus, Cavy, Ion or anything else please chime in.

Thanks!
Jon
Old 03-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #2
girlieSR
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to girlieSR
Re: Girls in the import scene

It is really easy to play "the dumb" girl and get a guy to set you out in a race, and get him to bet lots of money. Guys are slowly starting to catch on, but it still works most of the time. Beating guys is tons more fun than beating girls!
It's actually an advantage!

Be Intolerant...some things are just too stupid.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:04 AM   #3
chixSI
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to chixSI
Re: Girls in the sport compact scene

To help you out with some of the questions you have asked, I will give you my input and opinion. If you want to write an article about us females getting more involved then ever today in a hobby that men thought was and should only be made for men, then I think it should be called GIRLS VS. GUYS! The reason I picked this topic is because it covers more then us females competing with our male competitors at show and race events. Ever since I have been involved with cars, I have only meet guys who either knock down the girls, saying we don’t know what we are doing or talking about, even though I think some females know more about cars than guys. And they also have the attitude that females shouldn’t be allowed into this hobby. I have also meet guys who only dig us because they are only trying to holla. I will admit, there are good guys out there who don’t do any of the things above, and do help us understand more about cars and help instead of judge, but they are hard to find. Pretty much what I’m trying to say is that we (us females) don’t just compete with the males on the tracks or in shows but also with our interest with this hobby and day-to-day lives.

Now you asked what kind of cars we like and what we like to do… well I can only answer for myself. Just like the fellas, us females are just the same...some are into show and some are into go. Like myself…I’m more into performance and racing my car than going to shows and making it pretty. I just can’t seem to get that interested in looks because I feel like there is no excitement. (that is just me) I like to find ways to make my car faster and then taking it to the track to see how well I can do. I first started off doing the whole show look, but then got pulled more into the direction of racing and performance work. I have been racing my car every weekend during the racing season for about four years now. I wouldn’t want it any way. I have some guys who totally respect me because of what I do, but I dump into more guys who hate on me because I’m better than they are and because I’m more serious about my interest.

I can go on and on and on about this whole thing, but since I’m work and its time for my lunch break…and a girl needs to eat, I should be going. Please if you need any information that can help your article out, shoot me an email at dischixsi23@comcast.net I have so much input and opinion that maybe can help you or not help you out. I myself was actually thinking about writing some up to submit it in to a mag., but I just never got around to doing it. I’ve been interview by news reporter when they did a story on street racers (which I am not) when all these kids in my county kept dieing. So good luck with your big article, please when you do finish it up, I’m very interested in reading all about it.

***Never Drive Faster Then Your Guardian Angel can Fly!!!***

www.teckademicseast.com
www.teckademics.com
www.dtmpower.net
www.motivonline.com
www.importvelocity.org

: TURBO is now in...
Old 08-14-2005, 12:15 AM   #4
nissanstreetz
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nissanstreetz
Re: Re: Girls in the sport compact scene

damn haha girls are really competetive do girls really see tuning their cars as a way to put it in guys's faces. I think girs who tune their cars and know stuff about cars are rreeallyy hot so I'm not judging or anything but I mean that doesn't seem like the right reasons to race just to prove to guys you can beat them. If you want to race thats cool but I hope all girls who tune their cars havn't turned this into some war of the sexes because that just seems crazy to me
Old 08-15-2005, 01:57 PM   #5
Night Rider
AF Newbie

^^ any girl thats into cars is wicked.... but alot of them around here... gets the b/f to mod there car... my ex g/f .. loves cars.. anything about them.. but she doesn't know how to take off a wheel.... and her sister .. shes into cars as well... somewhat... "war of the sexes" ...girls tuning there car to beat guys.... if thats what girls are doing nowadays.... wow... guess they really want to win... .. just my
Old 08-15-2005, 04:29 PM   #6
95whitehb
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 95whitehb

personally i do it b/c i love it, and nothing beats the feeling you get when the guy laughs at you & you smoke them i know there's a lotta girls out there like me, who, b/c u like your car, guys try to get at cha by "talking cars" and when u talk back, you confuse them b/c you know so much more. its nice to see girls who are doing it themselves, know what they are doing, and are doing it better then the boys.
i think one advantage girls have w/cars, is if they want it, they will have it. we dont look back. (in personal opinion) also, most of the time we weigh less (weight reduction -lol)
i myself am into the performance aspect. i would like to have a 11 NA drag car, but w/out another car to drive daily idk about that. there is nothing like beating a $40,000 car with your old honda i dont mind show cars, but i do hate "trailer princess" show cars; you should be able to use your car for something other than looking at, may it be a daily driver, drag car, rally, auto cross, w/e...
i have noticed girls going the performace route in my area do a hella lot better job w/their cars then the girls who want a show car.
thats all for now

'95 CX hatch:
-JDM ITR swap ('98 spec.)
-ITB's
Old 08-15-2005, 04:39 PM   #7
Honda Gal
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Honda Gal Send a message via Yahoo to Honda Gal

well i just bought a new project last week, a Nissan Skyline Gtst, well the first thing i'm getting done to the car is a nice new paint job! To me that is the first thing to get done, other people may have different opinions, but this is how i do it! But i did alot of what could you say research to pick the right colouring for the car, i wanted something no one else has! So then i ended up witha nice combo of pearl metallic and fuisha metallic as here there are no Skylines in those colourings! But while its in the paint shop, i'm organising other bits n pieces that are going in the car! Like the interior (seats, door panels and floor) goes in next week to get trimmed to what i want! The two front seats are getting the flick to replaced with Bucket seats, that will also be custom aswell! The exhaust is also at the muffler shop so they know the exact size so they can make the one i want which will be a (RAGE big bore) with studder valve! but will also be free flow! Engine goes to the mechanic in two weeks just to get cleaned, cos the engine is in excelent condition just needs a tidy up! Also the kit which has already had measurements taken and will be ready in 6weeks! The mags which i'm hunting round for now,not sure yet on those and also sounds! Then taillights, spoiler, bonnet scoop thats sorta shit aswell but some of that will come later! Then once back together, the chrome piping on the engine and the pod etc. . . The personalised number plater, neons, and what ever else that will go on it, but that won't be for about another 3-4 months! This Skyline will be a show car, which will hopefully be ready for next year for the 4 and rotary! So hopefully this may help you with your article on what i do first to my show car, others maybe diff, but this is the way i'm doing my car and my previous one got done!

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot