Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 06:26 PM   #1
originalname
AF Newbie

Lightning Audio fast and furious set-up

Whats up all?
I was wondering if anyone can help me make a purchase. Money is tight, and I was looking at best-buy and I seen the have a lightning audio- the fast and the furious setup. Is this any good? here are the details..

Dual 12" woofers handle up to 750W peak, 150W RMS @ 4 ohms
Polypropylene cones with foam surrounds
1.5" four-layer copper voice coils
Eye-catching graphics from "The Fast and the Furious" light up your ride
System includes a rugged sub box, pre-loaded with subwoofer drivers and a performance-matched amp
Amp delivers 700W peak @ 4 ohms; 250W RMS (continuous) x 1 @ 2 ohms; 150W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
1-ohm stable power supply
40-130Hz variable crossover lets you dial in just the right thump
Variable Juice Boost bass EQ (0-12dB)
Line- and speaker-level inputs integrate with virtually any car stere
Remote level control

its only $200, but I want something that really pounds, something that I can be heard around the corner with.

I have another option of getting one off of my cousin.. he has 2 rockford fosgate punch 12's with 400Watt peak - 150 continous his amp is a rockford punch 900W peak power @ 2 ohms
300W RMS (continuous) x 1 @ 2 ohms
150W RMS (continuous) x 1 @ 4 ohms
all for about $250

Im new to this stuff, but I know his pounds really good. So can anyone give me suggestions please... I would appreciate it.
Let me know which one you think I should get, or should I look on ebay for better deals???
Thank You
originalname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 12:30 AM   #2
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Re: Lightning Audio fast and furious set-up

Definately don't get the fast and furious crap. I saw that at best buy and almost collapsed on the ground in a fit of laughter. You can go with the punch setup if you want, it should hit decently hard but the sq will be lacking. At this point in your audio "career" that probably won't matter much to you, but later it will. If you like the way it sounds in your friends car then it could be a viable option for you. Do you have an aftermarket headunit?

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 10:51 PM   #3
originalname
AF Newbie

thanks for the reply..
I have a sony xplod 52x4 head unit the one with the two knobs on it. Its just begging for power..lol. My speakers are nothing but crap right now, i really need an upgrade. I was looking at bazoka setup too, the p. miller ones. It was something like the 500-watt peak subs and what ever amp, im not sure which one. What do U think about bazooka's?
My cousins does sound good. What is sq?
When im in his car, you can feel the bass vibrate you.. he has a kenwood 419 headunit.
I dont really know much about all teh technical detals yet, like teh ohms and shit, but I know i dont want junk. I was reading that the legacy and pyramid amps on ebay are junk... So i decided against those.
Thanks again for the reply
Old 10-09-2003, 10:53 PM   #4
originalname
AF Newbie

one more thing I forgot to mention about my cousins set-up... he has subs in a dual sealed box... I didnt see ports
Which box do u think is best for two 12's???
Old 10-09-2003, 11:43 PM   #5
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

The box completely depends on the subs, and so does the amp

Pick out a sub or 2 subs first, then find an amp to power them and a box to put them in. My friend has a bazooka sub and you can't even hear or feel it unless you put your hand on the box itself. Personally I would go with elemental designs, resonant engineering, or image dynamics for subs. Just pick anything from those companies that fits your price range, pick an amp to power it, stick it in the recommended box, and be on your way.

btw - sq=sound quality

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 03:42 PM   #6
VQmax95
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to VQmax95
For the price, Adire audio subs are very nice. The Shivas are 125 a piece and they sound great. the Tempest is 150 and worth every penny as well. I had 2 tempests in my car and they got loud...
VQmax95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 03:42 PM   #7
loismustdie
AF Enthusiast

since you've already been talked out of the lightining audio
sh!t, which is good, you should definetely take your cousins deal. that stuff at best buy is so crappy you'll be lucky if you could hear it in the drivers seat, much less around the corner. that rockford setup will probly get the job done. just run them at two ohms and my prediction is: that it will bump.
loismustdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 03:55 PM   #8
VQmax95
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to VQmax95
Yeah, even though I don't like rockford stuff....I'd say out of the 2 choices, go with the Rockford. Its cheap for you and it will serve you better than the LA crap. Good luck.
Kevin
VQmax95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #9
mikecella
AF Newbie

Do stay away from lighting audio. I am currently using a Fast And The Furious amp and it blows.

http://reviews.cnet.com/car-amplifie...-30519986.html

Im trying to push 2 12" kenwoods with it.

I had a 2000 watt legacy amp but it stoped working.

I do have a Kicker ZR-600 but I need a modular crossover card for it
mikecella is offline   Reply With Quote