Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 02:51 AM   #91
MikeMan
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to MikeMan
Yep, it fits alright. Just don't expect to be able to see the sides of the engine, and make sure you run some petroleum jelly up the sides of the engine bay when you're trying to squeeze her in.

Seriously though, I'm 95% complete on my project, so if you have any questions whatsoever on the swap, feel free to drop me an email or PM or something.

-Mike
MikeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:05 AM   #92
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Good to see you Mike..
I use petroleum jelley for other things than installing engines.
What do you mean it's a tight squeeze in the Z31. It isn't much better in the Z32.
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:10 AM   #93
MikeMan
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to MikeMan
Re: Twin Turbo Swap... READ

Well I don't know about the z32, but I can't fit my hand between my rocker covers and the engine bay wall.
MikeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:08 PM   #94
b18chic
AF Newbie

Hello all....well here it goes. I was on yahoo looking for a wiring harness for my friends 1994 300zx motor. We are currently in the process of doing a TT swap into his convertable NA 300z. The most we have done at this point is putting the new TT motor in his car, but in the process of exchanging the motors some how the wiring harness off his old NA motor was lost or stolen. So now I am stuck with the task of finding a wiring harness for his car. Does anyone here know of any place that I could find one? Also what do you do about the intercooler? Where do you find an intercooler with two inlets on each side? Also is there any pertinate info that you would give to me that would help in this project? I am sure people have asked this eariler in this thread but unfortunatly I don't have time to read all 7 pages worth of this thread. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
b18chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #95
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by b18chic
Hello all....well here it goes. I was on yahoo looking for a wiring harness for my friends 1994 300zx motor. We are currently in the process of doing a TT swap into his convertable NA 300z. The most we have done at this point is putting the new TT motor in his car, but in the process of exchanging the motors some how the wiring harness off his old NA motor was lost or stolen. So now I am stuck with the task of finding a wiring harness for his car. Does anyone here know of any place that I could find one? Also what do you do about the intercooler? Where do you find an intercooler with two inlets on each side? Also is there any pertinate info that you would give to me that would help in this project? I am sure people have asked this eariler in this thread but unfortunatly I don't have time to read all 7 pages worth of this thread. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
well you have completed the easiest step of the TT swap, swapping the motors. now, you have to pull the motor back out!!!

i do not see how there is any way possible for you to install the EFI harness with the engine in the car. here are some places to look...

http://www.amzperformance.com (check the OEM parts list)
http://www.conceptzperformance.com
http://www.z1motorsports.com

if you want to go cheap and take a chance...
http://www.twinturbo.net (go to the classified section and start a new post or search through)

it sounds like you dont really have a clue on what parts you need to complete the swap. i would search around on twinturbo.net and z1motorsports has a winderful write-up that explains what your getting yourself into.

just a list, make sure you have these parts...

-AC lines (if you want AC)
-TT transmission
-TT flywheel
-TT clutch & pressure plate
-AC condensor (if you want AC)
-N/A power steering pump
-AC compressor (if it is a JDM motor & you want AC)
-Boost controller (unless you buy a TT EFI harness)
-TT ECU
-Boost piping (from turbos to intercooler to TB)
-intake pipes (from intake to Turbos)
-TT radiator and upper radiator mounts*
-TT upper radiator hose
-pilot bushing (if you bought a TT motor out of an automatic car)
-TT half shaft or a custom driveshaft
-N/A speed sensor (tranmission specific)
-intercoolers, ducts, and brackets
-oil cooler and lines

-if you bought a JDM motor, you can use the stock N/A midpipes
-if you bought a USDM motor you will need TT midpipes to connect to the downpipes

*to put in the TT AC condensor and TT radiator you will need to customize the lower supports because they are narrower but taller than the N/A pieces. so the TT radiator sits farther down in the bay than the N/A to let the boost piping go on the side of it.

if you have any questions, start a thread and post or PM me...i am doing a TT/5-speed swap as we speak and i can more than likely take pictures for reference or verbally help you.

good luck!!! hope you know what you have gotten yourself into.

BTW: how in the hell did you lose the efi harness??? it shouldnt even have been removed from the car.
ZedEx Crew Member #4

Last edited by k3smostwanted; 06-08-2005 at 06:01 PM.
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:33 AM   #96
masood
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to masood Send a message via AIM to masood Send a message via MSN to masood Send a message via Yahoo to masood

man.. i'd rather sell the car and buy a TT.. it will cost you more than buying a tt car.here in CA cost around $5600 to convert it to a TT... go to racycler.com and get a TT
masood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:18 AM   #97
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

sometimes it's not about just knowing you own a fast car, sometimes it's about knowing you put sweat tears and blood building the car to make it as fast as it is. or there's times where it's more expensive to buy a tt car than to convert one to tt (in my example, in order to get a tt for a perfect body, i'm looking at over 16 grand, where i could find an n/a with a bad engine and perfect body for between 4200 and 6400. now factor in it Just being the engine swap... no tranny, no nothing, just the engine, wiring and ecu (other stuff necessary of course) which i could find on ebay (again just the engine) for a little over 1500. i do all the work myself, now i've got a tt with a perfect body for 8-9 grand.

i guess it just depends on availability.... up in canada, any z car is hard to come by
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:46 AM   #98
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

the only reason why i am doing a TT/5-speed swap is because my N/A is in mint condition with a fresh paint job and some minor body work. plus, i want to belong to an even rarer club by having a 2+2 TT. in some peoples position it is better off to perform a TT swap.

i would need to find a mint condition TT with a fresh paint job, 25k miles on the motor and 95k on the body. also, needs to have a JDM front fascia and a mint condition interior with a very nice stereo. i think that would be hard for me to come by for $10.5k and thats about what i have put into my car, and thats including upgrading the motor to 475 hp.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 01-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #99
masood
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to masood Send a message via AIM to masood Send a message via MSN to masood Send a message via Yahoo to masood

Japanese engine Racing JER in S. CA will swap the RB26DETT for $10,000 . they are working now on two old Zs 260z and 280z. almost done. will take pictures for you guys
masood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #100
PirateKingofCuba
AF Newbie

ditto. after looking at this, I'm thinking I may just go buy a camry and a crotch rocket.

-Will
PirateKingofCuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #101
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKingofCuba
ditto. after looking at this, I'm thinking I may just go buy a camry and a crotch rocket.

-Will
wuss...what would be the fun in that? part of owning a Z is the modifying part. Z's + good owner = money pit for the owner because he or she will modify till their pockets are completely empty. its what makes Z ownership, Z ownership.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 06-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #102
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

f'n expensive z's... mine will ruin me before the year's out...
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:29 PM   #103
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleriousZ
f'n expensive z's... mine will ruin me before the year's out...
lets not even talk about it...
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 06-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #104
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Z's suck.

I'm on my second one.

It's definately a love/hate relationship.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #105
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Stig-
Z's suck.

I'm on my second one.

It's definately a love/hate relationship.
i have hated more than loved, but i cannot deny the love.

mine has been sitting since february of 05'. all for some upgrades...
ZedEx Crew Member #4

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)