Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Non-Performance
Non-Performance This is the place to discuss interior, exterior, and other non-performance related modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
lilsweets3138
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to lilsweets3138
HID Kit

I'm planning on getting a HID kit for my 97 cavalier but I'm not sure which one to get out of these two.

HB3/9005 or H3/9005

My sylvania bulbs say HB3U /9005.On my projector headlight housing it has HB3 stamped(on the low beam side) .

Thanks alot

www.cardomain.com/ride/2821880
lilsweets3138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: HID Kit

People actually go to all the work to install inferior lighting on their cars? I thought it was just the manufacturers cheaping out on lighting.

Once you drive behind HID lighting for a few years, you may regret it. Then again, if you only drive in the city where you don't need good lighting, it probably won't matter. It does look different, but it's also poorer lighting.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
lilsweets3138
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to lilsweets3138

Thanks for the info,but that did not answer my ? at all. And I live in the city so I don't think it will effect me any.

I think anykind of HID will be brighter then what I currently have on my car. I'm not going to be getting the blue or purple tint.

Thanks again

www.cardomain.com/ride/2821880
lilsweets3138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

I'm not familiar with either of those systems. I know that retrofitting an HID system properly is a LOT of work. There is ballast mounting, cutoff switch wiring, noise filtering for the rest of the vehicle, converting the dimmer system, etc.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
kwk39018
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bowtie
I'm not familiar with either of those systems. I know that retrofitting an HID system properly is a LOT of work. There is ballast mounting, cutoff switch wiring, noise filtering for the rest of the vehicle, converting the dimmer system, etc.

The hid kits are very easy to install.Not sure were you are getting your info from but you are wrong.If you are not familiar with them you shouldn't give your opinion.
Back to the Question Are you looking for the low beams or the high beams?9005 is the high,9006 is your low.When buying a kit dont go over 8000k or you are losing light out put.Any thing between 6 and 8000k is more than enough.Ebay has good deals.Hope this helps.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
ahazbun
AF Newbie

lilsweets3138, your bulb size 9005 and HB3 are the same thing when you get an HID conversion kit. They use a xenon bulb that's motorized, giving the ability to instantly switch between highbeam and lowbeam without a warm-up period. I get mine from ultrabrightlights.com.
ahazbun is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Non-Performance