Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 10:29 AM   #1
ACURAGIRL05
AF Newbie

Sponsor

Ok I'm Kinda New At This And I Need Some Help On Finding Someone To Sponsor My Acura Rsx Help Please
Old 07-28-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93
Re: Sponsor

LOL, i give you an A for your effort. But no real companies advertise here, and most of us are broke and trying to make money for our own cars.. your best bet is to write a letter to companies with pics of your car and current mods explaining them why they should sponsor you. and remeber companies look for "ROI" or Return On Investment.... that means what will they get out of sponsoring you? hope this helps, and good luck
Old 07-28-2005, 12:49 PM   #3
QUICK_EG_B16A
AF Regular

I know it sounds wierd but try carsponsorhips.com, at first I thought they wer full of ...I'm now sponsored by decalkits.com and blaupunkt because of them.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:12 PM   #4
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICK_EG_B16A
I know it sounds wierd but try carsponsorhips.com, at first I thought they wer full of ...I'm now sponsored by decalkits.com and blaupunkt because of them.
You never pay for a real sponsorship. They give you "free" decals (which you're paying for) to put on your car, and you have to put your car into all or most shows in your local area. And they "sponsor" almost any car that signs up, like 85-90% of them; so what does that tell you?
Old 08-01-2005, 11:31 AM   #5
chixSI
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to chixSI
Re: Re: Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicSpoon
You never pay for a real sponsorship. They give you "free" decals (which you're paying for) to put on your car, and you have to put your car into all or most shows in your local area. And they "sponsor" almost any car that signs up, like 85-90% of them; so what does that tell you?
I agree with exactly what CivicSpoon said. I got sponsored and not through a website and I sure as hell didn't pay for anything. The best way to do it is to write a proposal about your car and what kind of mods you have on it. Along with your future mod plans. And let me know what shows you will be attending and if you won any shows put that in the proposal also. And whatever you do, make sure you send them plenty of pictures of your car. Good luck, it's not that easy! I've been turned down plenty of times before

***Never Drive Faster Then Your Guardian Angel can Fly!!!***

www.teckademicseast.com
www.teckademics.com
www.dtmpower.net
www.motivonline.com
www.importvelocity.org

: TURBO is now in...
Old 08-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #6
Shpyder
Moderate moderator

I was looking into carsponsorships.com too a while ago, I think my car's almost ready. I filled out their entire on-line application with great excitement...and then, at the end, they wanted about $70 from me. I was like, WTF. Sponsorships were supposed to be free, because you play your part when you drive around with the sponsors decals on your ride, right?

The daily driver. The weekend cruiser. The lazy shop hog.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:41 AM   #7
SI Chick
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to SI Chick
thats totally cool about sponsership. i got offered a sponsership by some company but in reality im a girl and sometimes thats all they see. all he wanted was a peaice of ASS! But its okay i got other sponserships on the way including a shop for car stuff called TR3. its cool but when i wanna do something to my car its little by little cuz im not a model yet (hahaha yeah right) and basically im broke (hehe) but looking for a better job. keep your head up and if you were in cali id call u right away to chill. its hard to find an gurl who likes cars around here
Old 08-04-2005, 01:30 AM   #8
Shpyder
Moderate moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI Chick
its hard to find an gurl who likes cars around here
Where are you located? I'm in San Diego, and there's a Tuesday night drift meet ( a parking lot full of 240s, WRXs and RX-7s) off Clairemont Mesa Blvd near the 163 freeway. There are a few girls that come by now and then. Qualcomm Stadium races on Friday nights draw a huge crowd, and I've seen some girls give it a go on the drag now and then. It's easier to find at least two more people as crazy as your about cars, and meet up once a week. When people see that, they want to join, etc etc. Craigslist.org is a good site to post these kinds of things on, though I guarantee you you'll get swamped by a horde of desperate phalli.

The daily driver. The weekend cruiser. The lazy shop hog.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:06 PM   #9
nissanstreetz
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nissanstreetz
Re: Re: Sponsor

car sponsorships.com is such a load of crap. If you really want to get sponsored do what I did I went online and sent emails to about 30 companies and got 5 positive responses. And these positive responses we're from REAL companies that make good performance parts. Carsponsorship.com has the shittiest sponsors so do that. But I hate to tell you since you have such a common car it's gonna be hard to get sponsored. And it's not all its cracked up to be my sponsors make me travel everywhere for car shows I have to go to Texas and Florida all the time and it sucks when you live in Colorado lol you basically have to go wherever they want you to go whenever they want you to go. All in all I would think about it if I could do it over I would have probably just saved my money but I did get a TON of free shit, well I had to pay shipping but thats it
Old 08-14-2005, 01:38 AM   #10
nissanstreetz
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nissanstreetz
Re: Re: Re: Sponsor

hell no sphyspyder or whatever lol. trust me you can get sponsored ssssooo easily man if your really interested I can talk to my sponsors where do you live and how old are you. I know for a fact you can get sponsored if you try. Look all you have to do is do searches online about what you want to get sponsored. If you want an ECU look up ECU's for your car find a smaller company and send them an email that says. I love your company and I would love to represent your company at car shows and in magazines. MAKE sure you say that you would mention their companies name in any and all shows and any and all magazines. Your car would be a little more difficult to get sponsored because it is so popular to tune. I have a 1999 nissan sentra so when I sent emails out they we're pretty excited about it because they know it would be alot easier to get my car into a magazine. HOTSHOT sponsored me with headers and a CAI and all i had to pay for was shipping. I'm talking to them about sponsoring me with a turbo right now. Like I said though I got an email 2 weeks ago telling me to meet them at a car show in texas, I live in colorado lol. Like I said if you don't the spare time or will to travel wherever and whenever than it's not the right path. I'll let you know right now I like traveling so I don't mind driving to texas and florida 5 times a year it just depends what you like. As far as carsponsorships.com goes I wouldn't suggest it at all. Any sponsorship where you have to pay first is a BAD idea. And warning ahead of time don't sign with SPORTCOMPACT they offer everyone sponsorships and promise everything but you have to pay 100 dollars signing fee its a scam you never hear back from them again. Make sure you sign on with something you want on your windshield too lol. Awesome decals.com wanted to sponsor me but I would rather pay the 100 dollars for the vinyl than have a huge awesome vinyld decal on my windshield lol. All I have to say to anyone who wants to get sponsored is be careful and do your HW first and make sure you do plenty of ass kissing when you email them. I signed with hotshot because I genuinly love hotshot and I recomend them to everyone not just because they sponsor me but because they make good products. It's nice having free things but it comes at a big costs. I'm starting to wonder how many more sponsorships I can do before my car starts to look like a huge billboard on wheels lol. I know that was long but I sure as hell wouldn;t want you guys or anybody signing on with a sponsor and not knowing what you have to do "like I did". Make sure you can take a weekend off anytime and make sure you have friends tat would travel with you to shows too. And by the way they don't pay for your gas lol some companies wont even pay for your hotel room so ask those questions too before you sign on the dotted line. If it's something you can save up for I would. In my case headers, CAI, and turbo was too much to pass up so I signed. I know the owner now pretty well so I can help some people out if they don't own to much of a widely tuned car
Old 12-16-2005, 11:53 PM   #11
98StangGT
AF Enthusiast

You can drift in an AWD car?
Old 12-17-2005, 06:11 PM   #12
chixSI
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to chixSI

it can happen if you have power to break the tires loose...but what do you know since you drive a 2001 mustang GT...

***Never Drive Faster Then Your Guardian Angel can Fly!!!***

www.teckademicseast.com
www.teckademics.com
www.dtmpower.net
www.motivonline.com
www.importvelocity.org

: TURBO is now in...
Old 12-17-2005, 11:30 PM   #13
98StangGT
AF Enthusiast

Wtf is that supposed to mean? For starters it wasn't a smart-ass question. I dont know much about drifting and I thought you could only drift a RWD car since I have never seen an AWD car drifting before. You don't have to be a bitch about it because I asked a simple question. And are you trying to imply that you know more about cars than me me because I drive a mustang? Just because I don't know anything about drifting doesnt mean I'm as big a car enthusiast as you, if not bigger. Around here we have no places to drift, therefor I'm not into it at all. However we have a drag strip or two, so thats probably why drag racing is what I like to do. But I'm not trying to start an argument as to whos car is better or whatever because frankly, thats not worth my time. Anyway next time you go to post maybe you should consider answering a simple question politely instead of trying to alienate everybody that doenst know as much as you do about the subject. Because we all know you're god's gift to the automotive world and all....

Last edited by 98StangGT; 12-18-2005 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:30 PM   #14
1st racerette
AF Newbie

Thumbs down Re: Re: Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chixSI
it can happen if you have power to break the tires loose...but what do you know since you drive a 2001 mustang GT...
That's mean........
Old 12-20-2005, 12:05 AM   #15
98StangGT
AF Enthusiast

And ignorant....

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot