Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Clubs > Team Maniacalmind
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 01:12 PM   #1
lilpsychoryda
AF Newbie

i'm in VA too

There is tons of information on the web available! I am in the process of starting one as well! if you have any questions, you can email me!

I found an article from lowrider magizine. It has some good info!:

How to Start a Car Club
Uso C.C. Founder and President Kita Lealoa Lets You Know.

By Jessica Lopez
Photography: the LRM Staff

Back in 1998, LRM crowned Uso C.C. the Car Club of the Year, which was quite an accomplishment considering that Uso had only been cruising the streets together for less than a decade. At the start, Uso--who spawned out of the Harbor area of Southern California--only had a handful of members in the organization, but in just six short years the club had grown to include 22 chapters nationwide. When we first interviewed Kita Lealoa, the co-founder of the organization, for an article that appeared in the April '98 issue of LRM, he stressed that one of the biggest goals set for the club was to someday be the standard for all other clubs to follow in the future.

Well, needless to say, all of us here at LRM feel that Uso has met that goal, and in some cases, even exceeded it. Today, Uso boasts 36 chapters across the United States, including a new chapter recently started up in Guam. With more than 400 members and countless spreads in LRM, Uso has certainly raised the bar on what it takes to be a numero uno car club. So, who better to give us the lowdown on how to start and maintain a car club than one of the men who started it all, Kita Lealoa?

LRM: I think that the most often asked question is how did you guys come up so quick? Kita: Basically, we started with some local cities around us. When we started Uso we really didn't think about branching out like this, you know. But I told my brother Daniel, "How are we supposed to let everyone know what Uso means if we don't branch out?" So that's where we got the concept. And, I guess that we just got lucky; we also made a lot of mistakes along the way though. But I think to start a club and get it going, it's really word of mouth, and going out to car shows, that helps. When we're out at shows, people would just come up and ask how they could get a chapter started with us. Also, interestingly enough, now, we're just Interneting like crazy. Everyone's on line now, so that a good way of connecting with people, too.
LRM: Initially what is the process when you have perspective members? Kita: Well, we try not to throw all of our business out there at once and that's why talking to new members and speaking with them a lot is so important. Get a feel for what they are like and stuff. Like, I'm getting ready to go out to Guam and meet those folks. You have to really get to know the leaders of each chapter. If one of our leaders isn't meeting our standards we'll go in and just take over and get new people in there. LRM: So do you ever turn anyone away? Kita: Well, we don't turn anyone down, we give everyone a fair chance. But, yeah, there's been some people who just don't fit our standards.

LRM: Whatever it was it worked; 36 chapters now, huh? Kita: Yeah, 36 and we have about 20 other cities waiting to join in.

LRM: Can you name a few of your newest chapters? Kita: Well, we have a chapter in Guam now, Milwaukee, Salt Lake City, Denver, Espanola, Albuquerque, Corpus Christi, Modesto; those are just a few that I can remember right now.

LRM: How are you able to enforce your club rules? Kita: We have a main set of rules, but we are pretty flexible. Some chapters are full custom and some are radical custom. So we give them the rules and they add or delete their own rules. As long as they follow the bylaws by keeping the name in good stature that's all we ask of them.

LRM: What is the main thing that your members have to adhere to? Kita: Family. That's what we want. There are a lot of clubs out there that keep it like a male thing, but we want our wives and our girlfriends to be involved, too, and the kids.

LRM: So, you said that there are other cities waiting to get in; what are they waiting for? Kita: Well, I like to groom these people; we have really raised our standards for people who want to start chapters. Back in the day, it really wasn't like that, but now we really need to make sure that new people are up to par with the new wave of lowriding, the new millennium style of lowriding, especially our chapters out there that are out of state. We teach them the California-style of lowriding.

LRM: Which is? Kita: Candy paint, undercarriage, custom trunks, color-spoke Daytons. It's like if you go to Texas, you can clearly see that it's a different style of lowriding, some people may have chain steering wheels and one type of diamond tuck, and usually, you can define what part of a city they are from. That's how they lowride. In California, we lowride with Nardi steering wheels, high-tech dumps, chrome trunks, chrome undercarriage, stuff like that.

LRM: So, do you think that it's important for new clubs to have totally decked-out cars? Kita: No, like us, we don't need a fully done-up car right away, we'll settle for mild custom. What we like is a clean vehicle, we prefer candy, but stock is fine and we prefer chrome undercarriage, but basically we just want people to look at our cars admiringly because people have to remember that the way the cars are has a lot to do with the organization that they represent.

LRM: So even though you have diverse members, from all parts of the state and beyond, you're unified by a common look? Kita: Yeah, like when people look in the magazine and look at a car from Lexington, Kentucky, they see it and say, "I didn't know that car was from Lexington," they think it's a car from California.

LRM: Another thing that makes your club unique is that there are absolutely no color lines. Kita: Yeah, we have different people from all different nationalities, creeds and religions. We want to let everybody know that starting up a club that you can be a White boy in lowriding, you can be a Chinese in lowriding, you don't have to be a Mexican or a Black dude. When we get together it's all about one love and we're all on one page. As long as you love the game of lowriding that's all that should matter.

LRM: What would you say is one of the most rewarding things about having a car club? Kita: Meeting people. I meet people of all different walks of life. Uso, which means "brothers" in Samoan, is a real sacred word in my country. That's why we decided to go with it. I call my brothers Uso. To us, it's a universal word. It amazes some of my Samoan people sometimes when they see other races saying, "What's up, Uso?" It freaks them out. You have kids, White, Black, whatever with those Uso tattoos on them; it's a trip. It's just respect.

LRM: You also put on a lot of charitable events, right? Kita: Yeah, we do Toys for Tots, Graffiti Patrol, stuff like that. During the Holidays we pick a family from Red Cross and we have Christmas dinner with presents, food and stuff like that. We try to devote our time to helping the community.

LRM: What about law enforcement and lowriding, any advice? Kita: When you get smart with them and start talking trash, that's when the hate rolls in. But if you kick it with them and just say, "Hey, man, come and join us," then it's cool.

LRM: What is the most important advice that you can give to someone who is starting up a club? Kita: I just think that the biggest thing is really getting to know their members. That was one of the biggest mistakes that we made. Back in the day, we would just have a guy come in for three meetings and they're voted in. That is no longer our process, you're going to have to hang around with us for like six months before we even consider you being a member. We have tightened up a lot of things. Also, make sure that it's 90-percent the person, 10-percent the car. Get to know the people, they make you and represent you. We have a big strict policy about drinking alcohol and smoking during a function. They can do that on their own time. When we go to a function, we want everyone to be 100-percent. Sometime things can happen and if you're not 100-percent to protect your family then something can go crazy.

LRM: Any last words of wisdom? Kita: I just want people to know that our organization is not out there to compete with anybody. We are there for ourselves and for the glory of lowriding. We don't start trouble with any club. We should all be friends and not enemies. We aren't trying to say that we are the best in the world, but we try to be. We're trying to represent lowriding in a positive way and it's been a hard job for me and Jae, my CEO, to put this all together, and we're just trying to put in for LRM, as well. Every show that you guys have, we're there deep. ,

Forming A Non-Profit Corporation

Most of you have probably heard the term "non-profit corporation" many times; churches and charities are all non-profit corporations. But did you ever think that going non-profit would be something that you should do when forming a lowrider car or bicycle club? Well, think again.

Why Form a 501(c)(3) Corporation?

There are several main reasons why clubs should decide to incorporate and become 501(c)(3) federally non-profit corporation. These are:

·Limited Liability - when acting as an unincorporated association or as individuals pursuing a common goal, each person may be individually liable if sued by another person or organization. By incorporating, limited liability is conferred, and thus, only the assets of the corporation can be reached by a suing party.

·Tax Deductible Donations - after attaining 501(c)(3) status, the organization can attract donors that wish their donations to be tax deductible. Under current IRS regulations, donors can deduct an amount up to 50-percent of their adjusted gross income on their annual tax return.

·Eligibility for Funding - almost all local and state government agencies and privately operating foundations require funded organizations to have 501(c)(3) status. A routine part of funding applications is a request for an IRS determination letter as proof that the organization has attained 501(c)(3) status.

·Other advantages include (1) ability to use Public Service Announcements on local radio and television stations; (2) ability to use discounted space from Internet service providers; (3) lower postal rates on third-class bulk mailings, and (4) ability to use interns from local universities.

The main disadvantages to forming a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation are: (1) additional paperwork for maintaining corporate records, tax correspondence, and annual IRS reports, (2) payment of incorporation costs and fees, and (3) the time and energy necessary to maintain the corporation.

Additional Help Guides Available

There are various in-depth help guides available for determining whether your organization should establish a 501(c)(3) corporation and the step-by-step processes by which to form a non-profit corporation. The most helpful guides include: Anthony Mancuso, Esq., How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in All 50 States: Qualify for Federal 501(c)(3) Tax Status, Nolo Press (1993), available at Barnes and Noble, or online at www.barnesandnoble.com for around $35.00.

The IRS also produces several publications to assist organizations that are seeking to become 501(c)(3) non-profit corporations. These can be obtained by calling 1-800-TAX-FORM and are offered free of charge: Publication 557: Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization and Publication 578: Tax Information for Private Foundations and Foundation Managers.

You'll also have to file for non-profit status with your state. Fees range from a low of $30 in Maryland to $300 in Texas, with most states charging about $100 for the filing. Filing forms are available at most good stationery stores. However, they are long and involved. If you like the "turn key" approach instead, many companies specialize in incorporation--including the two listed below--and they will provide you with complete packages and help with the paperwork.
lilpsychoryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
lilpsychoryda
AF Newbie

STARTING A CAR & TRUCK CLUB

By Tim Tepas

One of the greatest advantages of being involved with custom vehicles is meeting fun and interesting people. When groups of people culminate at a gathering like a 3 day event, everyone seems to relax and become better aquatinted. Although the sharing of knowledge and new trends is a great benefit, having a good time is much more worthwhile.

After being involved in the mini truck scene for over 15 years, I look back in retrospect at the many clubs I have been involved with and the people who have crossed my path. Beginning back in the early eighties, my life in the world of custom trucks started like most young people. I acquired a new truck with the help of my parents and drove it awhile as simple transportation. Even though custom cars and trucks weren’t as prevalent back then as they are today, cool lowered cruisers were still rolling on the streets now and then. When I had the opportunity to see these cool rides up close, I knew that I wanted to build one of them.

After working hard at minimum wage jobs and saving my money, my custom GMC S-15 was finally taking shape, but there was something missing. I needed friends who were into the same hobby. My search for other vehicle enthusiasts ended when I was approached by a group of guys and girls that were forming a truck club called "Uptown Minis." The concept of a truck club was simple. A group of friends who like building custom trucks gets together each week to hang out at a pizza shop and talk about trucks. It sounded like fun, so I joined.

Since that time in 1984, I have been involved with several clubs. I have been a member, officer and founder of car & truck clubs and an officer on two occasions of a prominent mini truck council. Over the years I have seen people come and go in the sport, but I have never had as much enthusiasm for the direction customizing is going as I do today. I encourage those people not associated with a club to find a group of people who enjoy their hobby. If you do not know of a club in your area, search the many club listing found on most club websites. Find a club in your area and attend one of their meetings to gain more information about the type of people involved with the club and the activities they enjoy. Perhaps you can find a good, well established club to join. But if after you have searched you still can’t find a club that interests you in your town, perhaps it may benefit you to start a club of your own.

Every day, a new club is formed. Many clubs are organized by a group of friends that have no intent other than slapping a club logo on their vehicle and cruising the boulevard. Without much thought and even less enthusiasm by club members, these types of clubs don’t last more than a couple of months. But with a sense of direction and solid goals, many of these temporary clubs would last much longer.

If you are forming a new club, here are some guidelines to help you build a club that will be around for many years-

1) Chose an unparalleled name. The club name is the single most influential factor that you will be judged by. The name should reflect your club in a positive way. Research your name by searching club listings to see if a name you have chosen has already used. Do not use profanity or phrases that could offend another group of people. The more professional the name, the easier time you may have in hosting a show later on, or fewer problems you may have with the police. But by no means should your name be stale. Have fun in choosing a name and involve all members interested in forming the club in the decision making process.

2) Create a set of rules called by-laws. By-laws are a form of constitution that will be used to govern the club. They can be as simple as a few lines scribbled on a piece of notebook paper or as detailed as dozens of typed pages of text. How involved your by-laws are is completely up to you. Some important issues that should be addressed in the by-laws are requirements for membership, the process in joining, the place & time of meetings, club logos, officers, dues, rules & punishment and club participation in events.

3) Requirements for membership should spell out exactly what type of people and vehicles you want in the club. If your target is only people 21 years and older or race-ready sport compact cars, make sure you specify it in the club requirements. Considerations for membership should include the type of vehicles you are looking for including mini trucks, full-size trucks, compact cars, full-size cars, 4X4’s, hot rods, vans, etc. Minimum modifications should be addressed, such as altered suspensions, custom wheels, custom paint or whatever the club feels is appropriate. It may also behoove you to point out that all members be required to have current proof of insurance and registration in their vehicle at all times. I can recall 3 incidents where two or more club members got in an accident with each other during a trip and current insurance became a big concern.

4) The process to join the club is completely up to you. I have seen some clubs just ask the members informally, "What do you think of Joe?" and if everyone likes him, he’s then a member of the club. Others are more strict. For these clubs, a minimum amount of meetings & club events must be attended before the club will be put to a vote. The petitioning member leaves the room and the club will have a secret ballot to decide Joe’s fate. And still other clubs get pretty bizarre by having petitioning members turn around 3 times to let the club see their "assets" before the vote, while others arrange a special road rally where the petitioning member must spend up to 3 hours driving around the city solving clues to find out where the final destination is located. If the petitioning member reaches the final destination successfully, a party is then held in their honor and the petitioning member goes through a ritual indoctrination to become a full member. Whatever method you choose, outline the details in the by-laws and stick to it for each new petitioning member.

5) Place & time of meetings can be difficult to establish. Depending on the work and school schedules of members, not everyone will be able to attend all the meetings. Pick a time and day of week that most members will be free from obligations. Meetings can be held anytime, but they are normally held weekly, monthly, or bimonthly. Set the day of week & time and don’t alter it. Most members will remember the date and time if it becomes a regular routine. For a meeting place, try and find one that is centrally located. This may be almost anywhere, including a fast food restaurant, car wash, drive-in movie, coffee shop, park or a club member’s house. Consider that the meeting location will be used year-round and that weather may have an effect on an outdoor locale. Many restaurant owners are happy to facilitate a club who regularly eats at the restaurant, but eating pizza every Wednesday night gets old pretty quick. Considerations for size of the meeting room, parking area and noise level should also be considered before choosing a location to meet. Anticipate the growth of your club and plan for it’s future.

6) Club logos should be designed for easy reading and are typically made of vinyl, paint or metal. A vinyl logo is first designed on a computer and cut out on a plotter before being affixed to the front or back window of a vehicle. These logos are inexpensive to make and easy to apply. The drawback is that you are limited to less intricate designs than other forms of logos. Painted logos are applied to a vehicle by a custom painter. Painters vary in prices, however a painted logo is more expensive than vinyl and can cost as much as several hundred dollars depending on the size and detail of the design. The advantage to painted logos is they can be customized to reflect the taste of the owner of the vehicle with the use of special colors and designs. The paint is usually more brilliant than vinyl, but without proper care, the paint has a tendency to chip off of windows. Metal plates can be designed to be placed on the rear deck of a car or the tailgate of a truck and are visible through the rear windows. Metal plates can be removed and located to a side window opening for display during cruising, or held up at a function like an award ceremony. Plates vary in price depending on intricate designs, but once the mold is made, dozens can be mass produced and kept for new members joining the club in the future. The logo is sometimes hard to see in certain lighting, and artisans who make the plates can be difficult to find in remote areas.

7) Officers are used to better organize a club. The number of officers needed will depend on the size and formality of a club. Some clubs are so informal that they do not use any officers, while others have a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Historian and numerous Sergeant at Arms. Choose which positions would best serve your interests and have the club host regular elections to vote for officers. Naturally, a club with 10 members shouldn’t have 8 officers. A title without any power is worthless. Conversely, a club with 60 members can’t be organized if no leaders are in place. Get input from everyone, and add positions as they become needed.

8) Dues are used to pay for club operating costs. Although not every club uses dues to pay for expenses, it is often a good idea. Costs such as a club banner, T-shirts, photocopies, a club newsletter or a club event can be paid out of dues collected from members. Typical charges range from $2 to $10 per month for each member. A system of monthly or yearly collection by an appointed Treasurer or President should be put in place, and penalties assessed for members not paying their dues in a timely manner. All rules governing dues should be spelled out completely in the club by-laws for each member to know what is expected of them. The club may wish to keep the club funds in a bank account. Two trustworthy officers should be placed on the account. All too often a club Treasurer has been found with a new set of custom wheels while the club account has been left empty. Keep a close watch of monthly treasury reports and verify money transactions.

9) Rules & punishment are pretty basic. The actions most detrimental to the club should be addressed in the by-laws. Actions such as drunk driving, using drugs, spinning tires, missing meetings or events and so forth should be listed with punishments for each. These actions can be punished by a reprimand, probation, a monetary fine, or expulsion from the club. A Sergeant at Arms (or several) can enforce club rules and keep track of offenses.

10) Participation in events is key to meeting other enthusiasts and making a name for your club. It’s important to have as many of your club members participate in other car & truck club’s events to be well thought of. Search out shows and functions that most club members find interesting and plan to attend. Larger events, such as a 3 day truck run, may even be considered a "mandatory" event for all club members with few excuses for not attending accepted. Beware of making too many events mandatory, though, as this may make club members tire of a full calendar of functions.

11) Hosting an event may be a long term goal of the club. Events can range from scavenger hunts and road rallies to one day car shows and 3 day events. Allow the club to grow and let members become comfortable with each other before attempting such a feat. Your club should have a well established reputation in the community to attract the most participants to your event, and be sure to have enough members in the club to successfully host it. Include everyone in the planning of your event and cover all the bases prior to setting the wheels in motion.

Although there are many facets to organizing a successful car and truck club, these basic steps should help you get started. These ideas are by no means the only way to set up and run a club. Many clubs, large & small, have been run successfully by using different approaches. When in doubt, use your best judgment. We hope you find these steps useful is starting a new club or improving your already developed club. Feel free to e-mail us at ModernMovement@aol.com for more information and tips that have allowed Modern Movement, Inc. to flourish and overcome many of the pitfalls other clubs have succumbed to.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:19 PM   #3
lilpsychoryda
AF Newbie

CHOOSING & PROTECTING A CLUB NAME

By Tim Tepas

Many mini truckers and custom car enthusiasts begin their journey into customizing alone. Either by attending a custom car & truck show, or by seeing cool vehicles driving on the street; they get "the customizing bug". If exposed to the show circuit or by being seen on the street, these same enthusiasts are often invited to join a custom vehicle club. Benefits of joining a club are many. The camaraderie of having friends that share the same interest is terrific. Also, many enthusiasts have talents such upholstery or electronics that make inexpensive customizing between club members very attractive.

Occasionally, members become dissatisfied with a club for one reason or another. This may prompt them to join another club or form a new club. Most anyone can choose a name for their new club and host meetings, but what about protecting the club? If a club has an established name such as POETRY IN MOTION, for example, one member may leave the club and decide to use the same name. What legal right does the original POETRY IN MOTION club have against another club using their name? Not much if they don’t protect themselves.

The easiest way to protect a club’s name is to register with the Secretary of State’s office. For clubs in the Las Vegas area, a stop on the second floor of the State building at 555 East Washington, across from Cashman Field, is the place to start. By filing non-profit organization paperwork and paying the $25 filing fee, a club will receive an official state document with the club’s articles of incorporation. Simply take the papers and type in the club’s "Board of Directors". This should include four people minimum- usually the President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. Submit the papers with a copy of club by-laws via snail mail to the state office in Carson City, and pay an additional $15 when the certificate arrives. The club will then be registered as a not-for-profit organization with the state, ensuring an audit of the Internal Revenue Service won’t break their bank account. Further action may also be taken by hiring an accountant or lawyer. However, just by taking action with the State will help prove in court when the name became official.

For out-of-state clubs, similar results can be reached by contacting the local office of the Secretary of State. Check local non-profit filing procedures for your individual state.

Modern Movement was established in 1996 and first incorporated in 1997. The name is therefore protected, despite club names not being eligible for trademark or copyright infringement protection.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:20 PM   #4
lilpsychoryda
AF Newbie

HOW TO HOST AN EVENT

By Tim Tepas

Up to this point, we have given suggestions on how to build a custom vehicle right the first time and how to start your own car & truck club. Once you have built that custom ride and moved forward to organize a club, a natural progression to host an event develops. Every weekend in towns across America, successful scavenger hunts, poker runs, cruise nights and car shows are thrown. Although many events are the product of large clubs with years of experience, these are not a guarantee of having a successful event, nor a requirement.

If you’re interested in hosting an event, you must first decide what type of event your club would like to put on. Most clubs start off with a local one day show & shine, however if this is your first attempt at running an event, perhaps you should get your feet wet with either a scavenger hunt, poker run or cruise night.

TYPES OF EVENTS

Scavenger hunts are very basic. Starting at a designated point, teams of 1 or more people per vehicle must gather as many items on a provided list within a specified time limit. The team that collects the most items within the allotted time and returns to a final rally point wins.

Poker runs are driving road rallies where teams of 1 or more people are given a clue to reach a destination from a starting point. Upon deciphering the clues and arriving at the checkpoint, a playing card is given to the team, along with a new set of clues to reach the next checkpoint. The team continues until 5 playing cards are obtained and they reach the final destination where all teams meet. The winning team is declared by the best poker hand collected from the 5 playing cards.

A cruise night is not what the name implies. No real driving is required. This event is a nighttime gathering of custom vehicles and people at a drive-in restaurant or local hangout. Participants casually display their vehicles in an attempt to win an award in different vehicle classes, similar to a show & shine. Amusing games are normally planned in conjunction with the cruise night, along with a disc jockey or live entertainment. Awards are handed out at a ceremony at the end of the night by the host club after either judging the vehicles themselves, or spectators have chosen popular choice vehicles.

Show & shine events can be either simple or elaborate, depending on the complexity of the design. The fundamental aspect of a show & shine is an assembly of custom vehicles that are displayed in competition for awards and prizes. The event can be held in nearly any parking lot or grassy field and may include games, a disc jockey, vendors, a raffle or other features. Planning a successful one day show & shine is a big undertaking, and guidelines to help have a successful event are listed below.

Three day truck runs are complete entertainment packages that can include a show & shine, a raffle, games, vendors, food concessions, camping, disc jockeys and much more that encompasses a three day time period. During the three day event, the host club is responsible for the protection and well being of all attendees at the event. Details to consider include 24 hour security, first aid, restroom & shower points, adequate food supplies, event clean-up, staffing, communications, transportation and a location large enough for as many as 5,000 people. A truck run should never be attempted by a club hosting their first event, and a great deal of planning should be worked out before ever taking the challenge of hosting one of these monster events.

WHERE TO START

Several decisions should be made right away to get things started. First, choose what type of event your club would like to throw. Next, come up with a catchy name like "The Hunt of ‘99" or "Obsessive Behavior's Poker Run." Finally, choose a date, time & location of the event. Take into consideration any participants traveling from nearby cities or states when you choose the date and time.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

For a scavenger hunt or poker run, the location will be used as a meeting spot. A starting location and ending location need to be designated. Participants can start and end at the same location, but ample parking and seating must be available for all vehicles in attendance and people playing the game. Usually a neighborhood restaurant, favorite hangout or custom car & truck shop work well. By including a custom shop in the event, you may be able to negotiate a full or partial sponsorship with the owner for trophies or prizes in exchange for bringing vehicle enthusiasts to their door. Restaurants may also offer deals to the host club for bringing hungry people to their meeting room. Be sure to choose a large enough meeting room for twice the amount of people you expect. No one enjoys standing for long periods to find out if they’ve won.

Shows and cruise nights require a different type of event site. A large show area must be designated for the many vehicles you expect to attract. Either grass or pavement will suffice, but keep in mind the task of parking each vehicle. If you are able, select a site that has easy access to pull vehicles straight into their show spaces. Other considerations for a show site include ample parking for spectators, available food & beverage and restrooms, shade or nighttime lighting, cost and availability. Just as with a site for scavenger hunts and poker runs, you may want to include a restaurant or custom shop in the selection of the site to gain a partial or full sponsorship.

FEATURES

With a time, date and location chosen, decide what type of entertainment and features you would like to include in your day of fun. A good happening will have more to offer than just a gathering of people and vehicles. Little nuances like games, a disc jockey or a raffle will make the day a good memory for your audience rather than a time to forget. But be careful not to have an overly complicated event. Simple events cost less to produce, require fewer staff members and will usually yield fewer headaches. With time and experience, you and your club can add bigger features such as a car audio competition or hydraulic suspension hop-off
Old 06-23-2004, 09:07 PM   #5
street essentials
AF Newbie

Re: i'm in VA too

What:Underground car show
Where:Fayetteville,NC
When:October,2,2004
Why:Need support,this will be strictly underground so invite all crews

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT LEON WALDENT AT
910-487-5569 OR 910-987-3985
street essentials is offline   Reply With Quote