Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 10:47 AM   #16
Lethidox
AF Newbie

Re: Can catalytic converter cause misfire?

yea i tried to change the damn sensor to see if it would fix the issue but i didn't expect it to be so damn tight. rounded the nut and pretty much screwed now. got to see if i even got any pliers. last night i tried to use the damn clamp pliers. probably just going to go to the store pick some stuff up and prep it for when replacing the converter it's already here but won't ship until monday probably.

as for the cylinders yea you are right. i was looking at the coil and it confused me then i traced the wires to the plugs and cross checked with pics online seemed correct.

sucks too the bank 2 is in such as weird angled position that it's just to even get leverage on even with the breaker bar. i'll probably try and soak it tonight and change it tomorrow before work maybe. don't really got a whole lot of time to work on car when i have work.
Lethidox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:38 PM   #17
Lethidox
AF Newbie

yea its how you described it the cylinders that is.

the bank 2 sensor 2 is the one i rounded but my catalytic came in today sucks though it didn't come with any gaskets :/ looks like 1 plug it came with won't screw in either looks like the bolt it came with inside that one is stripped a little from manufacturer so it won't screw on but i will just use another one since it has a 1 i know i won't use in replace with the o2 sensor.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:06 AM   #18
Lethidox
AF Newbie

whelp i changed my catalytic converter today. replaced all o2 sensors ( 4 ) and entire converter setup. started it up let it run a little and checked exhaust i see white smoke doesn't smell sweet and it's not a lot just steady.

it actually smells a LOT better now then it did with the other converter though which just straight up smelled like a faint gas smell. car been sitting for idk how long i think 2 weeks maybe now. drove it only for 1 day and that was it.

it still has the rough idle. it's quieter now on start up though. got to check on air leaks or what not tomorrow. my guess though is that engine light will come on again. cylinder 1 misfire code, maybe.. clogged injectors. i added some of that injector stuff to the fuel but i mean my tank was already full when i added it. gonna try run it down and add some more maybe. i can't really think of anything else why just the 1 would misfire i'd figure if cylinder was cracked there'd be an error code for that.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General