Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > MG > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 08:40 AM   #1
365DaysofMotoring
AF Regular

Happy 21st Birthday MGF

The famous MG sports car brand, not seen on a volume sports car since 1980, was revived 20 years ago today (17 February) when the Rover Group unveiled the new MGF sports car which went on sale in the autumn of 1995. It was powered by a 1.8 L K-Series 16-valve engine, the basic having 118 hp (87 kW) while the more powerful VVC (variable valve control) had 143 hp (107 kW). Rover Special Projects oversaw the development of the F's design and before finalising the styling bought-in outside contractors to determine the most appropriate mechanical configuration for the new car. Steve Harper of MGA Developments produced the initial design concept in January 1991 (inspired by the Jaguar XJR-15 and the Ferrari 250LM), before Rover's in house design team refined the concept under the leadership of Gerry McGovern. An interesting feature of the F was its Hydragas suspension, a system employing interconnected fluid and gas displacers which provided a surprisingly compliant ride but which could be tuned to provide excellent handling characteristics. The MG F quickly shot to the top of the affordable sports car charts in Britain and remained there until the introduction of the MG TF in 2002.

Last edited by 365DaysofMotoring; 02-17-2016 at 08:53 AM. Reason: typo
365DaysofMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:46 AM   #2
anne marie benoit
AF Newbie

Re: Happy 20th Birthday MGF

Hello my name is Anne I got a rare MG B 1970 Roadster prototype with a Ford blue print motor. It was build or put together by a company in the state called Kustom. It's a fast and beautiful car, I can't drive because I do not know how to drive standard. I would love to know more about the car I own. George Barris and Carol Shelby's name came to me as people who would of maybe had dealing with my car. Yet I got no proof of that except a few clues. Thank you Anne
anne marie benoit is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
http://bit.ly/1u7lbyy
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > MG > General Discussion