Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Rolls Royce > Silver Series
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 01:10 AM   #1
kratefan
AF Enthusiast

Silver Spur Daily Driver

I'm thinking about buying a 199X Silver Spur as a daily driver. I drive less than 10,000 miles a year. I'm not affraid of the gas, I'm affraid of what I'm missing. I saw the word "accumulators" in association with the Silver Shadow. "Accumulators" in the Buick Turbo world means made of unobtainium. I owned a 1961 Silver Cloud for a little bit and enjoyed it more than I can express. I bought it hoping to sell it at a profit. It didn't work work out. The Spur would be simply to drive (and hopefully ride in).
Jeff
Old 04-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
Philspirit85
AF Newbie

Re: Silver Spur Daily Driver

My accumulators have just been replaced and they have to do with the braking system.The accumulators go out , you have no brakes.I was also leaking fluid so the brake pumps were rebuilt and resealed at the same time. My car is an 85 Spirit with the Spur interior option. It is my Daily driver. I am getting ready to sell it but it has a starting problem like the guy who has posted "Silver Spur III starting problem" when that is fixed it will be for sale and at a good price also. It runs great and in addition to the work I mentioned has a new fuel pump, the AC blows cold having been converted to R-134, and less than 10,000 miles on new tyres. It does have a couple of minor issues not related to the safe operatin of the car. More like"I should fix that one of these days" type of problem. Hoefully I can list it here and get it to someone who can take care of it for me. I just got another car, a deal too good to pass up and 1 car has to go. The Rolls is it.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: Silver Spur Daily Driver

This thread is nearly 2 1/2 years old. The original poster hasn't been around for over 2 years. That is one reason why ask members to not resurrect old threads. Closed.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Rolls Royce > Silver Series