Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
Taxiracer88
AF Newbie

2013 Dodge Grand caravan dummy light ?????

I have had my van for almost 2 years. It had about 37,000 miles on it. Now it has 82,000. I am an Owner/Operator taxi. I lease my van to a taxi company and I am the only driver. At 62,000 miles the manual said to have the tranny serviced. Since I had no idea if it had been serviced before I got it, I took it in to the dealership. Soon afterward (about 3-4 months) I was coming back from the beach and going UP the bridge. The check engine light came on. I know from experience that it doesn't always mean a big problem, so I ran a trip that took me closer to O'Reillys. My friend checked it out and it said:

Torque Converter Clutch Sylenoid Circuit Open

I called the dealership and set up an appointment. I became real sick before I could get it there and canceled. Anyway...I was better and was calling to get another appointment, and the light went off as I was coming back from the Airport. It stayed off for a while, then going UP the bridge again...it came on again. A few hours later I had to stomp on the gas to avoid hitting a vehicle and looked down...light was off. And so it has gone on for over 6 months now. It comes on when I am going UP the bridge, or stomp on the gas. It goes off when I stomp on the gas or go over 60mph. I am stumped. I was told by a mechanic not to really worry about it until the check engine light starts Flashing. I can not afford to just keep taking it in, and I have to have an appointment. I only have 18,000 miles till my warranty is over. Any idea what this could be? My gas mileage doesn't change with the light on or off. Temps stay the same, RPMs are normal...Really hate dummy lights.
Taxiracer88 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager