Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
sam4109
AF Newbie

Door ajar light/noise

My door ajar warning light stays on and at the same time the warning bell/noise keeps going off. Is there something that I can disconnect to make the noise stop?
Thanks
sam4109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:24 PM   #2
yardboss
AF Newbie

Re: Door ajar light/noise

This is an interesting experience. We seemed to have this problem only when it would rain. It would randomly start and stop. I also had a problem that the dome light would not come on when I opened the driver side front door. On the frame where the door latches is a plastic button. I replaced this button (about $8 from the dealer) (one screw). I have not had the "possessed" problem again and my dome light works properly with the door open. There is also the same button on the passenger side. Hope this helps
yardboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #3
DancingCrow
AF Newbie

My '96 T&C suddenly developed a problem with the 'Door Ajar' light also. I got a Haynes manual for it just to get the schematic. Following the schematic, I located the Body Control Module (BCM), unplugged the mass connectors on the bottom, identified all of the wires going to the door switches and checked each one individually. All checked fine with door opening and closing. Yet STILL that 'Door Ajar' light is lit and the chimes pings every time I start off from a dead stop. PLUS, I cannot lock the vehicle because the damned alarm will just 'decide' to go off. Or not. Anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours after locking the car,. Sometimes it won't go off at all. But I am certain that it is ALL related to the Door Ajar system. SO....MY question is: does anyone know if the BCM is responsible for this mess? Do you think that CHANGING the BCM would fix it??

Thanks
DancingCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:51 AM   #4
Teddie
AF Newbie

What year of Minivan do you have?

My 95 Voyager (may she rest in peace) had a new sliding door put on in 2009 and by 2010-2011 it would not shut properly. What I ended up doing involved, a metal file, a chisel, a rubber mallet, a wrench, blocks of wood, a floor jack, and help from a neighbor.

We filed and pounded down the metal around where the latch or latches that hold the door closed are inserted. We also shimmied the door a bit to make it fit better. The chime would go off when you went over 10, but it would shut up after that, the interior light was not triggered, and I put a piece of black tape over the door ajar light. That solution worked for 5 or so thousand miles and did not increase the road noise.
Teddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:55 AM   #5
RIP
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingCrow View Post
My '96 T&C suddenly developed a problem with the 'Door Ajar' light also. I got a Haynes manual for it just to get the schematic. Following the schematic, I located the Body Control Module (BCM), unplugged the mass connectors on the bottom, identified all of the wires going to the door switches and checked each one individually. All checked fine with door opening and closing. Yet STILL that 'Door Ajar' light is lit and the chimes pings every time I start off from a dead stop. PLUS, I cannot lock the vehicle because the damned alarm will just 'decide' to go off. Or not. Anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours after locking the car,. Sometimes it won't go off at all. But I am certain that it is ALL related to the Door Ajar system. SO....MY question is: does anyone know if the BCM is responsible for this mess? Do you think that CHANGING the BCM would fix it??

Thanks
Did you check the rear hatch switch?

07 Fusion / 06 RAV4 / 06 Accord / 96 Gr Caravan
RIP is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager