Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
skibum08
AF Newbie

Need help disabling a bunch of things in my montana

Hi i have a 06 montana sv6 awd which i bought to be used as a taxi.
The company i work for has a few of these already and have done things to disable what i am about to mention but i dont really want to do everything the same to my vehicle.
Plus i would rather not work with the company mechanic as he is a money grabbing dick..

So any advice that would help me do this myself would be great!

So to start with, I need to know if the door chimes are being produced by the stereo head unit?

When these vehicles are used as much as this one will be the sliding doors tend to get a little abused and dont always shut properly...Not to mention that passengers dont always wear seat belts...So that chiming noise can get a little annoying after a few hours on a busy shift.

The way the company fixed the problem was by removing the front speakers as the sound is being played through them. I like music, just having rear speakers sucks!!!

So does anyone know if i can just re-wire the front speakers to bypass whatever is producing the noise or do i need to buy another stereo unit?

Secondly, I need some cheap easily replaceable keys for drivers to use.
The car only came with one factory key and i already tried getting a cheap copy made which does open the door but will not start the engine because of the immobilizer...

I want to completely disable it so i can use cheap keys..(Stupid drivers lose them all the time!!)

And last, I want to have the AWD on constantly as the vehicle will be driven in heavy amounts of snow/Ice on a daily basis.

I know that the other montanas the company has have had their on demand AWD locked into full time AWD as they have all had problems with (I think it was) the ABS or traction control, which cuts out the AWD leaving you stuck in someones driveway or on a hill.

I remember hearing something about a well placed screw in a control valve somewhere that keeps the valve in the AWD position... Anyone know where it is...what it looks like?

Thanks in Advanced!!!
skibum08 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
awd , montana , sv6 , uplander
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6