Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Rendezvous
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:25 AM   #1
BigBriar63
AF Newbie

Exclamation AWD Rear End NOISE

I test drove a 2004 Rendezvous equipped with AWD. It drives fine on the highway and in the city.

Only untill I turned tight (left and right) did I hear a noise similar to tires rubbing but louder. The noise was almost like a hydralic pump struggling. I am concerned that the noise is due to AWD abuse.

Also the noise sounds a lot like tire rub because you can hear the rotation in relation to the the noise.

I am trying to determine if sticking to 2wd rendezvous's is a better plan...

Obviously it is difficult to describe the noise via words, but if you have any IDEA of noise in the rear differential please reply. Thank you all very much.
BigBriar63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
spike88
Banned

Re: AWD Rear End NOISE

My one neighbour had an AWD RDV and it gave him problems. My other neighbour had a AWD RDV and it gave him problems as well. Both of them traded in their RDVs and got different vehicles. One got a Mazda 3 and other got a Ford Focus. My wife has a 2003 RDV (2nd edition of 2003 with better intake gaskets) and its FWD does great in my winter roads. And being a lighter weight vehicle (compared to more mechanics of an AWD system), our FWD RDV gets better MPGs as well. So far, our FWD RDV has been going great. Knowing what I know today and my limited winter driving distance, I'll get a FWD vehicle again.

Hope this helps in your FWD or AWD vehicle research....
spike88 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
awd , differential , end , noise , rear
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Rendezvous