Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > AF News
AF News Find out what's happening here at AutomotiveForums.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #136
ballz3
AF Newbie

Re: Nissan Skyline GT-R to Make North American Road Racing Series Debut in SPEED GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballz3
good racing though. i too wish there was more coverage, or at least shots, of Igor during the race. oh well, next time. it was looking good when the others were getting knocked off and Igor was still in it!

Bad luck, man, last lap even! Can't wait for the next one! congrats on your first GT Race anyway!
how come it looked as though you were on the last lap, and one page says that, but then another results page said you were out on lap 13? strange.
ballz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:14 PM   #137
Doubletap
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Doubletap Send a message via Yahoo to Doubletap
Re: Nissan Skyline GT-R to Make North American Road Racing Series Debut in SPEED GT

No No No... damn. If you were actually looking at the results you would have noticed that everyone above and below Igor had also retired during the race. he didn't finish but since he finished more laps than the other 23-30 finishers he gets a better position in the final standings. But if you look higher in the standings you can see Lou Gilotti who was first through most of the race and then blew up and retired.

DoubleTap
Doubletap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:18 PM   #138
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
No No No... damn. If you were actually looking at the results you would have noticed that everyone above and below Igor had also retired during the race. he didn't finish but since he finished more laps than the other 23-30 finishers he gets a better position in the final standings. But if you look higher in the standings you can see Lou Gilotti who was first through most of the race and then blew up and retired.

DoubleTap

Exactly. Thank you.

He did good on his first try out... nobody can say otherwise.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #139
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af

I look forward to seeing more. I might see him at the Road America track in person, which might be interesting . MATT! You can take a road trip and come watch with me! You can make it to Wisconsin by August right?

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
jon@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:42 PM   #140
The Gimpster
AF Newbie

Sorry about your weekend Igor
Hope to see you at Mid-Ohio
The Gimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:39 PM   #141
merritr
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to merritr

The AutomotiveForums.Com Race Team collected 2 points at Sebring. It was only a small issue that caused the mechanical black flag that brought the car in for the remainder of the race. Everything will be good to go for the next race at St. Petersburg. We'll see how the car does on the smaller street course.
merritr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:47 PM   #142
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merritr
The AutomotiveForums.Com Race Team collected 2 points at Sebring. It was only a small issue that caused the mechanical black flag that brought the car in for the remainder of the race. Everything will be good to go for the next race at St. Petersburg. We'll see how the car does on the smaller street course.

Thank you Merrit for the Race team Update!

I promise, next party I'll get out and dance with you.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:43 PM   #143
R.S. Vlady
Imprezza Guy

Send a message via AIM to R.S. Vlady

Way too much despair with the results guys and girls.

I was at Sebring with the team. Considering how many logistical and technical problems this rookie team had to overcome, I think they should be congradulated on their debut. As far as I know, the AF team is the first rookie to have made it to the series for the opening race, most don't meat the deadlines and end up entering mid-season. Moreover, it would have been silly to expect a stunning performance from the start, considering that the next few races will be used primarily to figure out the right set up for the car to mach the competition. I won't be surprised if they petition SCCA for some neccessary changes to the vehicle.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #144
SuperStock96
AF Regular

True Igor and the crew did a great job getting there and making it there ready to race. I was at the pre-race inspection and talked to Igor soon afterward. You could tell he was very excited for this race.
I haven't seen anyone ask about the suspension set-up. I was at turn 3 and everytime he came out of the turn he was bouncing all around. When I stopped seeing the 69 car come around I wonered if that had anything to do with it.
Either way, good luck at the next race. If you guys make it out to Road Atlanta later on I may see you there.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:18 PM   #145
Vitamin J
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Vitamin J Send a message via MSN to Vitamin J Send a message via Yahoo to Vitamin J

how similar is the race car to the R34 street car? i know the C6's, Caddy's, and the Porsches all started life pretty much as street cars. where as the Viper's are bought as Competition Coupes.

also, i've noticed that the AWD cars of the past (and coincidentally turbocharged cars) have dropped out after a season or two (Volvo and Audi).

do you think the R34 can even be competetive with the top cars? those Corvettes and Vipers are pretty insane this year.....

can you give us any details about the engine, chassis, tires, or anything else? i'm guessing it's probably pushing 500hp or more with torque at 460+ ft-lbs.....but how much does it weigh?

"Flat out til you see God, count to three, then brake."
Vitamin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:57 AM   #146
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.S. Vlady
Way too much despair with the results guys and girls.

I was at Sebring with the team. Considering how many logistical and technical problems this rookie team had to overcome, I think they should be congradulated on their debut. As far as I know, the AF team is the first rookie to have made it to the series for the opening race, most don't meat the deadlines and end up entering mid-season. Moreover, it would have been silly to expect a stunning performance from the start, considering that the next few races will be used primarily to figure out the right set up for the car to mach the competition. I won't be surprised if they petition SCCA for some neccessary changes to the vehicle.

No doubt they didn't do a great job, trust me I've been routing for them all along. Just trying to help keep the info straight.

I personally called Igor two days before the race to wish him luck. He's a good guy... way down to Earth... a cool cat. We went to some sushi resturant down by his house not too long ago, he bought me dinner... so techinically AF bought me dinner... AF rocks.

Although, to be honest I'm not sure if one dinner pays for all the countless hours I've spent moderating his forum.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:14 AM   #147
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af

Oh you are such a whore Matt .

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
jon@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:46 PM   #148
merritr
AF Newbie

Don't worry about the car's setup. If you can see it, its already been noted. There are only so many adjustments that can be made before a race. The driver needs to be comfortable in the car. You don't want to risk going too far and then have the driver stuck out in a race with an unreasonable car.

As for the other cars in the series... you can go to the World Challenge website and view the VTS sheets for all the competitors. The Caddys get such mods as the firewall pushed back 9cm and the motor set back that far as well. The driver's seat is set back into what was once the back seat of the Caddy. The transmission is also mounted on its side in the transmission tunnel for fitment purposes.

You can view the VTS sheet for the GT-R as well. It will tell you that the motor is stock. It has stock N1 turbos, stock manifolds, even the stock airbox. Its minimum weight is listed as 3200lbs with driver. The heaviest car along with the Caddies.

The series uses a spec tire. They are shaved Toyo RA1s. Every team gets their tires from the same source, Vilven.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:46 AM   #149
freakmech
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakmech

It would be really great to hear from Igor! I mean, how did you feel out there? Did you have a good time? Despite the car, were you comfortable? Feel good about the rest of the season? Were there definite improvements from day one of practice to race day? Any pre-race jitters? Funny stories about the weekend? We want to hear from you, we all love and call AF our home so how about a word from our hometown hero? The most respect to you guys! Like i said in my e-mails, your living my dream!

Chad

freakmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #150
merritr
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmech
It would be really great to hear from Igor! I mean, how did you feel out there? Did you have a good time? Despite the car, were you comfortable? Feel good about the rest of the season? Were there definite improvements from day one of practice to race day? Any pre-race jitters? Funny stories about the weekend? We want to hear from you, we all love and call AF our home so how about a word from our hometown hero? The most respect to you guys! Like i said in my e-mails, your living my dream!

Chad

I know you want to hear from Igor, but it might be awhile before he gets to sit down in front of a computer. You might have to wait until after the Long Beach race in April to hear from him. Its a tight schedule for the next few weeks. There is a bit of a break between races after Long Beach. At that time the whole team will be back together in LA.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > AF News