Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Thunderbird
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
thunderbirdsc
AF Newbie

Exclamation Cooling fan

Hey guys, I have a 91 tbird sc, the cooling fan is not kicking in and then car bOILS over, I changed the temperature sending unit and no DIFFERENCE
Im not sure if in the 91 the cooling fan was supposed to turn on when I hit the defrost, but It did for the last few months, its not any more though,. a mechanic told me it was normal but I dont ever remember it doing that before, also the heater is still blowing heat so i didnt think it was the thermostat. Or water pump, Any help appreciated.

Last edited by thunderbirdsc; 04-10-2016 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Ment cooling but wrote heating
thunderbirdsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:13 PM   #2
TBirdBob
AF Newbie

Re: Cooling fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbirdsc View Post
Hey guys, I have a 91 tbird sc, the cooling fan is not kicking in and then car bOILS over, I changed the temperature sending unit and no DIFFERENCE
Im not sure if in the 91 the cooling fan was supposed to turn on when I hit the defrost, but It did for the last few months, its not any more though,. a mechanic told me it was normal but I dont ever remember it doing that before, also the heater is still blowing heat so i didnt think it was the thermostat. Or water pump, Any help appreciated.
For more help, go to this forum: http://forums.tccoa.com/index.php
TBirdBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:46 AM   #3
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Smile Re: Cooling fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbirdsc View Post
Try tapping the cooling fan motor with a hammer when motor is hot enough for the fan to turn on, If the fan runs replace the cooling fan motor a common problem.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rhandwor For This Useful Post:
thunderbirdsc (06-27-2016)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
fan , heater
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Thunderbird