Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 06:24 PM   #1
Robi J
AF Enthusiast

Tecnomodel 1/24 575 GTC Review

TireGaint, as promised the review I've already posted months ago about the 575 GTC from Tecnomodel.

In the silver box there’s all what you need to replicate cars no. 61 or 62 which were entered by Barron Connor at Le Mans 2004.
I never bought before a Tecnomodel kit and what is clearly evident at a first sight is the high engineering level, probably due to the fact that it’s a manufacturer of factory-built models more than kits.
It’s easy to start test fitting all the components without looking at the instructions, among other things really clear. All the parts, both resin and white metal, are molded flawlessly. The perfectly replicated body is symmetrical and aligned, no air bubbles, no shrinkage so minimum cleaning will be required. Laser-clean engraving. Interiors feature molded in cables for the electronic and other minor details (it’s a pitty); the tunnel with its toggle switches is molded separately as well as the electronic boxes, the front splitter has the correct shape which is different from the Fia GT version.
Wheels seem the real thing: O.Z.’s shape and diameter (0.86 inch / 21.85 mm) are perfectly captured, very little cleaning is necessary. Rubber tires with different width front/rear and turned parts complete di wheels assembly. The wheels axis features a smart system of machined recesses which allow the modeler obtaining the brake discs aligned and a perfect stance of the car in one step only. Wheels locking nuts are four machined jewel, as well as the antennas.
The rollcage has been accurately reproduced and will be enhanced with the included photo-etched stiffening plates. Rear wing is too wide, but Tecnomodel put a note on the instructions to reduce its width.
Unfortunately the taillights have been molded in solid red resin and they lack of realism.
In the kit two different type of photo-etched parts are provided, the thin one carries many details while the thick one carries brake discs, wing drifts and towing hooks.
Glass parts and headlight covers are provided in perfect pre-cut and pre-tinted form. For sure, the assembly between window frames and clear parts will be not so easy.
Two microscopic vacuformed parts allow to replicate the air duct located on the rear windows of the car no. 62. The beautifully printed decals (by Zanchetti) carry the Barron Connor Le Mans livery and many other details like carbon fiber/kevlar patterns and technical sponsors. A pre-cut seat belts pattern made of red adhesive is also included. Instructions, as said, very well done. No clones or copied parts. The kit is Ferrari officially licensed.
The price, less than popular, in Italy is Euro 180.00 at the same level of Studio27 1/24.

Bye: Roberto

Robi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
mickbench
AF Fanatic

Re: For TireGaint - Tecnomodel 1/24 575 GTC Review

Gotta say.. That does look really really good. Wouldn't say no if someone were to buy me one. The resin looks clean, I can't believe how clean resin can be, not from what I first saw of resin.. It really put me off, but I'm just about to try again..

Windows look a little tricky, but they are thin, so I bet it looks great, anyhow, I remember P64's model now. I knew I'd seen tihis before. I remember now.

Thanks for the review. Very useful..
mickbench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:47 PM   #3
Robi J
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbench

Windows look a little tricky, but they are thin
I got a sample for a local contest I'm organizing at Monza track, and I discovered that the window trims are now matt "printed" with a photographic procedure directly on the clear parts.

Roberto
Old 06-09-2006, 06:56 PM   #4
freakray
AF Modelrater

If you'd already posted this, why did you repost it instead of just sending Tiregiant a link to the original thread?

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=525457
Old 06-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #5
Robi J
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakray
If you'd already posted this, why did you repost it instead of just sending Tiregiant a link to the original thread?

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=525457
Because the "old" photos have been lost.

Roberto
Old 06-09-2006, 09:22 PM   #6
TireGaint
AF Enthusiast

Re: Tecnomodel 1/24 575 GTC Review

THANKS A LOT, Robi J I am definitely interested to get one of this besides of my Scale Motorsport Ferrari 550 GTC........the kit look awesome, the resin body is clean and with high degree of detail. For the rear tail light? I will use the Fujimi's 550 or 570 taillight to substitute to this one. I may get a caliper for this kit too, if I am going to buy it. Thanks for your effort. I am also interested to get the F430 GT from them too.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling