Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 06:54 AM   #16
Focus2000
Evil Genius

AF is just going through a quiet patch at the moment. As chrismcgee said, just wait until the colder weather comes and more people will leave the sunbeds and pub beer gardens and return to the hobby.

Here in the UK we don't get enough good weather, so when it comes we have to make the most of it As a result modeling tends to come second best.

Just be patient, I'm sure normal service will be resumed shortly.

Focus2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 08:35 AM   #17
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven
Instead of waiting for somebody else to build something I want to see, I build it myself. As stated earlier, "Nothing is exciting 100% of the time."

I myself have about 15 different projects going right now so when the server does return to normal, I will have plenty of stuff to post. I think I've proven that I build in a variety of styles. I'm even going to attempt a rally car! :22yikes:
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 09:23 AM   #18
malsheem
20 inches and growing ...

Yeah, AF has been a bit low on the activity scale, but I think it's mostly because of the server issue. And during the summer people take their vacations and whatnot, so modeling time is sparse for most. I'm sure things will pick up soon. New server, hopefully. And there's quite a few new kit releases in the coming months, so that should provide lots of upcoming discussions.

AF has got good variety. Sure some cars or types of cars get built more, but that's what the members want to build, more power to them. And in terms of tips, FAQ's, and overall helpfulness, AF is unmatched. AF is completely responsible for my getting pulled back completely in the hobby. I've gone from having 2-3 kits in waiting to nearly 20, and I have stacks of wheels, other add-ons, PE's, etc, stuff which I never bought before. Oh, and the new airbrush and compressor. So I say, long live AF. It'll never be boring for me.

CWest R34 Skyline GT-R
malsheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 04:02 PM   #19
Purpura Delujo
AF Enthusiast

Re: AF - A little Bit boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by primera man
AF is as much fun as you want it to be...no body is making you stay if you dont like it.
Why dont you make something different yourself if you think there is to much "boring" stuff here for you to look at.

If people injoy making these models...who cares....surely this is what modelling is all about..YOU MAKE WHAT YOU WANT, AND FOR YOURSELF !!
Woah, I'm just saying that it's been a bit slow and boring lately. Alot of people seem to agree that seeing Supras and Skylines over and over again does get boring. I know it's my choice to be on here but I like it here just because of the general modelers atmosphere, no other board is big enough to provide that but because AF is so big it's a bit annoying when you get server busy messages. I also know that we need a new server and that we need to donate to get it, I can't donate because I have no credit card and I also have next to no money, I'd like to but I can't.
I build different things, a Camaro with an Oldsmobile engine etc etc with new style rims and things like that is different to the things that are commonly built on here. I try to provide a few models that are completely different to what 'everyone' has like a boring R34 Skyline.
I'm not as stupid as you think but I am smart enough to state an opinion that is widely felt in different ways by different people, boring people like being bored, so they keep building the same as everyone else.

Anyway I hope I haven't caused any means of harm Pman. Again I also state that I provided the Lay it low link so that people can see some different models, we don't get stuff like that on here, come on use your head

On a different note I never said AF was boring just seeign the same thing over and over and over again is boring. The whole idea of modeling to me is to be creative, the same bloody model with the same SAS bodykit and huge spoiler is the same as all the others. Hiroboy builds his models very different to other peoples and that is great, why can't we get some individuality on here? Not another red Enzo Or blue Skyline Or silver S2000 or Silverado with a lift kit

Once again,
Purpura Delujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 04:20 PM   #20
rx7king
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rx7king

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmenoth
How is this forum boring? There are many types of cars here, from Rally cars, Nascar and street cars to lowriders and such. That site has nothing but lowriders and lowrider bicycles. hmmmm...mabye we should change the vernacular in which we type to mix it up, yo! *sigh* To each his own I suppose, but don't say this forum is boring, then direct us to a pretty much single subject site. The models there do look well done, but there is no variety.

i agree, af has everything, not borign ar all
Old 09-03-2003, 05:24 PM   #21
pettercardoso
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to pettercardoso
I have to agree with Purpura...almost everyone has built a Skyline (well, I haven't. at least not yet!! ) and posted it!! You have to admit that it gets a little boring .. But on the other hand, people build kits for their own pleasure, at least that's what I do. And I have to say that AF is the one and only responsible for bringing me to this hobby! Oh, and another thing...That LIL site you showed us...I don't mean to be rude or mean or anything like that, but THAT is a boring site...
Old 09-03-2003, 06:12 PM   #22
NortherntoucH
AF Enthusiast

I got the same opinion as Purpura... AFs been gettin reeeaaaalll boring and reeeaaaalll slow lately... all people build is skylines, and civics, and wrxs. It's all ricers and racers. I'm on Lay it Low as well.. and it keeps me interested for a lot longer than this site. Maybe its just because I like lowriders, (and am just starting to build one), or i dont know. Ah well, I'ma probably stay on both of these sites... Lay it Lows my favorite though

But that's just my two cent.

:.:AkA Dj Distyll:.:
NortherntoucH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 07:54 PM   #23
AF Regular

Re: Re: AF - A little Bit boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpura Delujo
The whole idea of modeling to me is to be creative, the same bloody model with the same SAS bodykit and huge spoiler is the same as all the others. Hiroboy builds his models very different to other peoples and that is great, why can't we get some individuality on here? Not another red Enzo Or blue Skyline Or silver S2000 or Silverado with a lift kit

Once again,
I hear you, man. I skip all the threads that seem like they get posted at least every other day. But like you said, AF itself isn't boring. The chit chat, the tips, and my favorite the progress pics, etc is all fun but when it comes down to cars it's mostly the same cookie-cutter cars with a few exceptions here and there. "Hey look, my new Civic has 18-inch Zanga X wheels, not like my old one with 18-inch Zanga Z wheels!" *yawn* Although if one generalizes AF as being mostly bodykits and spoilers, one can also say the LIL guys are all about adding 20" Dayton wires to their mom's hand-me-down minivan, which I'm sure it isn't. But hey, to each his/her own, right? If they had fun building it, that's all that matters.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:55 AM   #24
dag65
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to dag65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpura Delujo
Just wondering if anyone else on ehre was finding AF a little boring lately in the model forum? It's just the same model being built most of the time, not much is very interesting and not much goes into alot of them. If you want to see some real killer models aswell as model skills goto the Layitlow model forum! There is heaps of really nice models being built on there and none are the same. Check it out at: The Lay it low model forums

I'm finding AF really boring again
Yeah at times , but I find the people here are about modelling and not their egos. And most of the cars built here are really clean and well executed. Over on Lay it Low I see alot of great ideas and poor execution. Your cars excluded of course! LOL! Anyhow just my 2 cents
dag65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 01:03 AM   #25
dag65
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to dag65
can't we get some individuality on here? Not another red Enzo Or blue Skyline Or silver S2000 or Silverado with a lift kit

You have not looked very far. There are threads here on race cars, hot rods, muscle cars.................
dag65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 01:05 AM   #26
Purpura Delujo
AF Enthusiast

All I be saying is that I personally don't find AF very very interesting any more, seen too many bloody skylines and shit like that. Women are screwed up to! I got to go I am too high for this shit
Old 09-04-2003, 01:24 AM   #27
ales
Forza Schumacher

Well, if it's not good enough for you - feel free to click this.. No one is forcing you to be here. Instead of whigning how boring this forum is why don't you show off more of your models.

As for individuality - I'll build a red Enzo because i don't have a red Enzo in my collection, I'll build a blue Skyline because i don't have a blue Skyine in my collection. There's a [point when trying to be individual becomes too conventional. I enjoy looking at all models that are well executed. You don't like building Civics and Skylines? Who's making you to? Build something else and show it here. Most of you whigning in this thread haven't been here long enough, and I'm yet to see a single model by some of you.

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
ales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 03:27 AM   #28
Honoturtle
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Honoturtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismcgee
i know what ya mean, but it is summer time kinda, i never feel all that willing to spend the sunny days making models would rather be cruising in my car and drinking in the pub.
come winter tho im gonna be making loads and loads of em, so lets wait for a bit of cold weather to keep people inside and hopefully by then we will have a new server so things can return to become a bit better
No wonder it takes me forever to finish a kit!! It never gets too cold here, in Hawai'i!!

To me, AF seems fine. I don't post as much (but still read) since school has started, and my models aren't top priority for me either, it always seems to end up being school work... ugh... A good bunch of the builders here goes to school, so this is probably one of the things that's slowing the activity of the Modeling forum, but I'm sure once everyone gets buckeled down with their classes, I'm sure there will be more posts.

~ 1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe Sprinter ~
"Oh what a feeling.- Toyota
Honoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 04:13 AM   #29
RallyRaider
Zomby Woof

Reckon somebody should head over to LIL and post a "This Forum is Boring" thread there too. And please to the guys who keep using the phrase "ricers and racers", cut it out! The two do not belong in the same sentence.
RallyRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 04:55 AM   #30
Purpura Delujo
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales
Well, if it's not good enough for you - feel free to click this.. No one is forcing you to be here. Instead of whigning how boring this forum is why don't you show off more of your models.

As for individuality - I'll build a red Enzo because i don't have a red Enzo in my collection, I'll build a blue Skyline because i don't have a blue Skyine in my collection. There's a [point when trying to be individual becomes too conventional. I enjoy looking at all models that are well executed. You don't like building Civics and Skylines? Who's making you to? Build something else and show it here. Most of you whigning in this thread haven't been here long enough, and I'm yet to see a single model by some of you.

You've never liked any of my opinions have you? I thought you looked like a pretty cool guy when I first got on AF but you are turning out the complete opposite to me.

This thread has turned into a damn warzone because some of you can't seem to get over how great you think AF is, I wasn't asking for a bloody text based war. I was just stating my opinion, didn't think so many people would be so negative. Holy crap, I've only stayed on here for the past few months because I've met some really nice people which aren't stuck up (Thankyou Antonio for being such a bloody champion!)

I thought that you were encouraged to share your opinions, but with hostility like this it's no wonder that people don't do it alot.