Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
93beemer
AF Newbie

93 325is wont start

I got the car from a friend free, it was his daughters car and quit running on her. He had a local mechanic look at it and said they couldnt read the computer and think the dme is bad. I put another DME in that matched numbers and still wont start. After looking inside the original dme I found the chip has been changed to a performance chip. Went back to troubleshooting, shot starter fluid in intake while cranking and did get it to pop a few times. Started to look at fuel pump, battery was dead so charging it now and will check for power at fuel pump with key on tomorrow. The question is Ohms check on fuel pump, has anyone done this and what should it read? If I dont have power to fuel pump were do I go from there? New to working on BMW's - learning as I go. I think I should invest in a Bentley. Any suggestions or experiences would be helpful.
93beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
vsLozitsky
AF Newbie

Re: 93 325is wont start

I got same problem.There's no power to the fuel pump.let me know what u find out.
vsLozitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
vsLozitsky
AF Newbie

Re: 95 325is wont start

I have 325is that been standing for like a year and now it won't start.I checked the fuses, relays, spark plugs but the fuel pump has no power to it.Anybody know the problem?
vsLozitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
93beemer
AF Newbie

Mine turned out to be the crankshaft sensor, they tell me if it is bad it will not sense the crankshsft turning, then the DME shutsdown fuel and spark-thus loosing the ground to the fuel pump relay (no fuel). Hope this helps
93beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
ladagosta
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93beemer View Post
Mine turned out to be the crankshaft sensor, they tell me if it is bad it will not sense the crankshsft turning, then the DME shutsdown fuel and spark-thus loosing the ground to the fuel pump relay (no fuel). Hope this helps
so did you get it running? and if not have you considered the starter.. can have same effect and along with bad plugs it will do little to nothing.. we are working on a 03 325ci and first off turn the key nothing but dash lights no clicks no hums nothing but lighting.. turns out the plugs were toast replaced them and finally got the symptoms that indicated the starter was shot .. so we replaced that and now you hear it will start but I have 2 more wires to find a home to before it will looking for someone with a 2000-2004 325ci who can look under the hood and id where the wires go .. but yeah DME is not cheap and if it isnt the issue .. you could easily drop a coupel hundred into it and finally get it running.. OH bTW the starter job is a 6 -- a 10 being the hardest .. not an easy task but it is duable.. you can take teh fuel line off the back located on tip of the intake and see if there is fuel there.. if so I would think it is more than likely the starter and plugs being the issue and not the dMe.. but anyway .. let us know.. so people when they come back can find answers to issues.. it does help in the long run..
ladagosta is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series