Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 03:05 PM   #1
khdutch
AF Newbie

2000 Blazer 4 wheel drive quit

I was plowing in 4wd and suddenly it returned to 2wd. I have no lights on dash 4 button switch so I replaced that, still no lights? Fuses are ok, vacuum controls all seem to operate, TCM was replaced last year although may be gone again? Swapped out TCCM but don't really know if the replacement was good. So finally I removed the TCM from the gear case and tried putting it in 4wd by rotating the shaft with a wrench. The shaft was in approximately the 1 oclock position for 2 wd, at 12 oclock it seemed to be in neutral and at 11 oclock I seemed to have 4low. I could not get any other gears and did not want to force the shaft so I gave up! I also bypassed the solenoid on the firewall so I had vacuum at all times to the diaphragm under the battery. Any suggestions as to why no indicator lights and what to do next?
khdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: 2000 Blazer 4 wheel drive quit

no lights must be fuse or wire . with lights and improper operation then the encoder or other components . .use voltmeter to check the fuses .
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer